Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:20 PM
patiently waiting...

Question Q's about Georgia Prison Marriages

Me and my fiance' were in the beginning phase of preparing for our wedding which would have taken place June 18,2010 but he got locked up and he's looking at quite some time. So now that he's on the inside the only way we can do it now its getting married on while he's in prison (he won't be there for quite some time.) we were planning on trying to get married in county but its not an option where he's at. I have some questions regarding Ga's prison marriages.
  1. Will be say our vows together or is it through proxy marriage?
  2. After the marriage ceremony do we get time together or does he go back to his cell and I have to journey back home [without him]?
  3. If the prison does not have someone to perform the ceremony did you have to pay someone else?
  4. What did you wear?
Thats all I can think of for now but I'm pretty sure the rest I can research on here and find out. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtiswifey4eva View Post
Me and my fiance' were in the beginning phase of preparing for our wedding which would have taken place June 18,2010 but he got locked up and he's looking at quite some time. So now that he's on the inside the only way we can do it now its getting married on while he's in prison (he won't be there for quite some time.) we were planning on trying to get married in county but its not an option where he's at. I have some questions regarding Ga's prison marriages.
  1. Will be say our vows together or is it through proxy marriage?
  2. After the marriage ceremony do we get time together or does he go back to his cell and I have to journey back home [without him]?
  3. If the prison does not have someone to perform the ceremony did you have to pay someone else?
  4. What did you wear?
Thats all I can think of for now but I'm pretty sure the rest I can research on here and find out. Thanks in advance!
1. You will say them together.
2. It depends on the facility, but we had about 2 hours for the entire ceremony and visit.
3. Yes, if the chaplain does not perform the ceremony, you will need to bring someone with you to perform the ceremony.
4. I wore a black and white pants suit.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 AM

Well everything Cooleygirl said. We just got married in Aug. We didnt get 2 hrs for the ceremony. We was only given about 1hrs and a half for all of it. The chaplin at the prison was muslim and he said he couldnt do the ceremony. So we had to bring our own pastor. I wore a pant suit also. We couldnt take pic cause they told me I couldnt bring my digital camera in. So no pic for us. Which sucks!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Forever His Girl

We are planning to say our vows on April 23, 2011. He has checked into alone time and such for after the ceremony, and where he is, they said they will give 30-45 mins "personal time" But with the way the system moves everyone around, who knows where he will be at in 7 months. We are actually trying to get him transferred to either Hays or Phillips so that its closer. Both of those are within 2 hrs whereas where he is now is appx 5-6 hrs...
Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM

The chaplain where we got married would not marry us either, so I got someone from our hometown. We were able to have pictures. Actually, the chaplain had a digital camera that he used to take our pictures, I just had to bring a SD card for the camera. So, the chaplain took our pictures during the ceremony!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Forever His Girl

Unhappy Georgia Prison Weding Questions....

My fiance and I are planning on a wedding in April, but according to the courthouse in Dooly County, he has to be present when the marriage license are purchased... Anyone have any ideas or info on how we can still get married??????? When I heard that news, it totally bummed me out. =(
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 PM

Default Help!

I'm new to this will with trying to marry an inmate, my finace is in state prison in Georgia & the county that I am in won't let us get married because he is in prison & the county that he is in doesn't marry inmates anymore & i dont know if Georgia will allow me to send him an absentee application, can someone please help me.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:59 PM
patiently waiting...

Default Trying to find a way...

Since my fiance' is still in the county jail there is no way possible for us to get married before he goes to prison. Is there a way we could have someone step in for him if I were to try to do it at the courthouse? Is there any way for us to get married without him being present but gives someone his consent????
You can just PM me if that'll be better or respond here...whichever works best but I would greatly appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:20 PM
~He has my heart~

Default Need Info on getting married in a GA Prison!!!

Hi. I'm new to this site! I decided to join because I can't really discuss my situation with most people. I live in a small town in South GA & a lot of the ppl here can be SO judgemental. Anyways! I need as much info about getting married to my boyfriend in a GA prison as anyone can give me. I'm also scared to tell my family about wanting to marry him in fear of judgement. I am gonna be 24 this year & my boo is gonna be 32. We are a few yrs apart but age is only a number to me! I need any advice you can give. Thanks in advance --*Chuck's Girl*
Old 01-26-2011, 04:53 PM
AKA DeonsLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Chuck's Girl* View Post
Hi. I'm new to this site! I decided to join because I can't really discuss my situation with most people. I live in a small town in South GA & a lot of the ppl here can be SO judgemental. Anyways! I need as much info about getting married to my boyfriend in a GA prison as anyone can give me. I'm also scared to tell my family about wanting to marry him in fear of judgement. I am gonna be 24 this year & my boo is gonna be 32. We are a few yrs apart but age is only a number to me! I need any advice you can give. Thanks in advance --*Chuck's Girl*
Hey Chuck's Girl! First he will need to get a marriage packet from the chaplain. Your job is the hardest. You will have to find a county willing to issue a marriage license..start with the county he is incarcerated in and work your way out. Once you find a county willing to issue the license, the rest is a breeze!

Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to JnV4ever For This Useful Post:
*Chuck's Girl* (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:03 PM
~He has my heart~

Thanks a bunch!

*Chuck's Girl*
Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 AM
Finally his Mrs! :)

Okay well...my fiance and I have started the marriage process (exchange of paperwork between him and the chaplain). And I'm now trying to figure out that once I get our birth certificates and whatnot together.....which counties are allowing you to obtain a marriage license if the person is not present?
The only one that sounds halfway familiar to me is dekalb county.....(i live in spalding county)
could someone please direct me where I need to go? Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to kmbnet1017 For This Useful Post:
*Chuck's Girl* (03-24-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 AM

I had to go to Vienna, Ga. for ours.

The Following User Says Thank You to SUGAR4679 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 AM

Default soooo...

So i just googled it and it said Dooley county....that's about as close as dekalb for me, maybe closer...and probably less crowded.
So what did you need to bring so that I can be prepared when I go down there?
The Following User Says Thank You to kmbnet1017 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 AM
~He has my heart~

Dooly County is right past me! Haha. Kinda cool. Good luck with getting ya'lls stuff together so ya'll can get married!

*Chuck's Girl*
The Following User Says Thank You to *Chuck's Girl* For This Useful Post:
kmbnet1017 (04-04-2011)
Old 03-27-2011, 10:49 AM

Good luck....We were just married on Fri. 25th...
Old 04-04-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingspark9 View Post
Good luck....We were just married on Fri. 25th...
where did u get your marriage license and what did you have to bring?
i have his birth certificate and social security card
Old 05-02-2011, 01:08 AM

Default How do you go about getting married to an inmate?

I have this question. How would I go about gettin information on marrying my boyfriend who is in prison? I am trying to find out so that I can have all the answers I need for wen he proposes to me again.?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 AM
His rib...his Queen...

Unsure if your man is fed or state, but my man is Fed & he had to go to the chaplin & his counselor. They gave him a marriage packet that he will be sending to me to fill out. Once it is complete we turn it in & wait to see if it is approved. Once approved they will give us a date we can marry, depending on the state the marriage will take place, other factors may have to be looked at & taken care of.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:41 AM
D&B forever

It really depends on what prison he is at and what state. Every single one of em are different. Maybe you should go to the prison thread to get a more acurate answer.
Mine was in CA and we had to fill out a marriage packet and send $80.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 AM

You need to get your man to get the packet from his prison....that will tell him the steps that ya'll need to take with that particular facility.....because each facility is different.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Default Questions About Marriage in Georgia

I'm new to this Sao hello to everybody I'm tryna find out is there a way to get married to a inmate n Georgia?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM

I don't know but you should be able to go to the Georgia forum here on prison talk to get a better answer!

Last edited by sexychica; 05-26-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 PM

Unhappy

Is there a way that I can get a marriage license for ICE (immigration) proceedings? I feel like I have called everybody in GA today and they say they do not do it. BUT, he has been approved. I just need to know how and where to get the dang license. His lawyer isn't being helpful with it, matter of fact, he seems clueless. I'm so ready to go on and put this behind me. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 AM
1Thessalonians 5:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulyrical View Post
Unsure if your man is fed or state, but my man is Fed & he had to go to the chaplin & his counselor. They gave him a marriage packet that he will be sending to me to fill out. Once it is complete we turn it in & wait to see if it is approved. Once approved they will give us a date we can marry, depending on the state the marriage will take place, other factors may have to be looked at & taken care of.

See they didnt give my man any marriage packet they told him that i needed to write the warden basically saying why i wanted to get married how long we knew each other and also how me marrying him could help his motivation for change...And it's been almost 3 monthas and i still havent heared anything back from the chaplin or the warden. So idk wen me and my sweetie will be getting married!!!!