Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:59 AM

I just wrote to the super at cambridge, today. I'm not sure of the process. But I'm going thru it now so I'll keep you posted. Congrats to you, n wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Loving married life!!!

Every jail is different i know in Shirley i didnt even need to sign or fill anything out all my husband had to do was fill the forms out and give them to the correct person. Although on the forms he did need osm info from me but i didnt have to sign anything or anything like that. then from there i found a jp and we got a date and got married.

on another note how are you emily i was wondering where you had been and how you were

He is more than I ever could have dreamed off!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:39 PM

Default I want to get Married in Norfolk

Anyone have info? Attire? procedure?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Account Closed

My fiance and I are in the "paperwork" phase right now too. He's up at Gardner. Hard to get questions answered though. I am wondering how long it takes once you send the paperwork in until you get an approval/denial.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Bill's Girl

All I can tell you is that it took about 6 months in Plymouth and they only do weddings twice a year there. I had to wear my regular visiting clothes, same drill; no jewelry, etc. Start with the prison chaplain and make sure you file in the city hall in the county that you or he is in.

I saw other potential brides turned away for not filing the proper paperwork.

He also has to start with his case worker and file a request. I hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited by TinaV; 07-29-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Surviving 1 Day At A Time

I'm new to prison talk, but I do have a couple questions. My fiancee is locked up in MCI-Norfolk, and we plan on getting married while he is still in there since his sentence is so long. What can I expect, and what should I wear when it does happen? Thanks for any feedback provided!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:19 PM

Default Question????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjb View Post
Every jail is different i know in Shirley i didnt even need to sign or fill anything out all my husband had to do was fill the forms out and give them to the correct person. Although on the forms he did need osm info from me but i didnt have to sign anything or anything like that. then from there i found a jp and we got a date and got married.

on another note how are you emily i was wondering where you had been and how you were
That seems really simple. How long did it take after you did paperwork? And who picked the date? Did they do it in an open visiting room or where?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 AM
laurenjp32508

Question 4 questions about getting married in Massachusetts

My man is at MCI-Walpole right now.. he will be getting transferred out of there in an couple weeks and will prob go to MCI-concord, MCI-shirley or MCI-fitchburg..one of those...

#1 When get gets there, I know that him and I both have to write a letter to the superintendent requestiong to get married..he violated his probation b/c of a domestic...will that be hard considering the charges in order for us to get married in jail? there were no restrining orders or anything like that...

#2 How long does the whole entire process usually take?

#3- can you pick your own date to get married?

#4 Do the state prisons usually let people get married if they want to, or are there rules that they go by to deny you?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 PM

my fiancee and i got the marriage license but he got incarsereted becfore we could do the ceremony, how do we go about it bc the license expires sep. 10th but we wanna do ASAP..please help with info or anything.. thank you so much!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:45 AM
laurenjp32508

Question getting married in a MASS prison

when you ask for permission to get married....how long does the whole process take, for you to find out if you are approved or not?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:10 AM

Does anyone know how to find out if someone got married in jail. also is it true that during your orientation period u can not get married???
Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 PM
laurenjp32508

Unhappy

Well, we sent the Superintendent numerous amount of letters asking for permission. Unfort, we got denied. We got denied because of the domestic violence charge. He is in sbcc.
This sucks.

But, I guess everything happens for a reason.....I guess GOD has better plans for me and my wedding...(thats at least what I am trying to tell myself.)
Old 01-19-2011, 10:52 PM

Does any1 know the rules of gettin married at middleton jail...i cant seem to find much info on their website...my bf was currently as cambridge, sent me the paperwork n suddenly he was shipped to middleton...any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 AM

I dont know anythin about middleton but i would assume its the same. could you give me some information on how you got information about cambridge? My fiance is in billerica, same thing tho middlesex house of corrections. Hes there for a year but he has other charges running concurrent and hes soon going back to mci concord. We've been together 15 years, this is my second bid with him, we have two babies together and we were supposed to get married in sept but unfortunately by that time he was locked up. Any information at all would be great thanks!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:30 PM

well i hear it all starts with his caseworker, another inmate had given him a copy of the paperwork, thats how he sent it to me
Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JonesBubble View Post
My boyfriend and I are currently waiting to take his case to trial, The DA isnt trying to go under 10 mando. we've been together for 5 yrs. and have been thru our share of bids So i'm fully commited to waiting the 10 yrds. so we're going to get married, now I've heard that in mass prisons you can do artificial insemination. Is that true at all??
ARE YOU SERIOUS???? PLLLLEASE tell me that's true!!!!!!!!!!???????????? I'll br way above child bearing years when my man gets out artificial insemination would be wonderful.....
Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Smile Want to get married!

He asked me to marry him this week and I said yes! I live in Colorado and he is in MCI Norfolk....I'm not sure how to go about all of this but we also arnt rushing anything. A little info would be a great help! thank you. Jennifer
Old 06-15-2015, 09:58 AM

Default marriage @ S. Bay- Mass

my fiancée & I are probably going to end up doing so while he's in jail. I thought he'd be coming home this month but due 2 an incompetent atty? he just got an additional 2 yrs. @ Suffolk county HOC- S. Bay. I have no clue what 2 expect. I know we both have 2 write why we wish 2 do so while he's there. And if approved then I have 2 get license, rings etc..It says to wait for approval b4 applying for the above but what about pictures? it says no digital camera's allowed. Does the jail give an option for someone else 2 do them there? What would my dress code be? I hope not same as a visit & can I bring in 1 of his suits on that day? Also, I was told NO visitors. So who witnesses the marriage & how long do I get to see my husband on our wedding day?
Old 06-15-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennives80 View Post
He asked me to marry him this week and I said yes! I live in Colorado and he is in MCI Norfolk....I'm not sure how to go about all of this but we also arnt rushing anything. A little info would be a great help! thank you. Jennifer
I looked up marriage rules on the MA DOC website. There is a "code" (a digital paper with a number and letters attached to it) that sets out the procedure. I wish I remembered the website address but I dont. You should be able to find it with a little searching on the MA site. Tho it doesnt give details for specific MA institutions (just the overall code for weddings in MA prisons). We ended up having my fiance ask his case manager person who at the prison has wedding info. And he just sent a letter to her (the person with the info on all that who works at the prison). I think it is probably the best way to go, for your fiance to ask from within the institution.

As far as I know, dress is the same as for visitation, they have to wear their convict clothes and each person gets 2 guests. you arrange and pay for a person to marry you, and it takes 3 months from when you apply to get a date.

Sorry, not too helpful! But congrats to you both!!!!!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:22 AM

Red face Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaV View Post
That is absolutely correct. I've already done that in MA and it's not hard to do.
Please can you help me I'm trying to get married to my fiancé but I don't know what to do and where to go .. He has already got permission from the director now it's up to me to do my part but I live in NY and he is in Massachusetts... Please help what do I have to do?