Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) Topic and discussion specific to CSATF- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility located at Corcoran State Prison in California.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 PM

Default satf-d-yard c/o's cutting phone calls short because of assigned phone time

hello everyone,
for the last few months the c/o's have been cutting our phone calls short. (when i say short i mean like 1 to 2 mins into the phone call, sometimes more and sometimes less ) this is usually at night. Apparantly the inmates have to sign up for phone time and they can only use the phone at the time they are signed up for. Well when people can not get ahold of there loved ones or they no longer need there phone time they give it away to someone else, which sometimes is my husband. anyways this ends up being very pricey because just to accept the collect call it is like $3.00. I think this is anal if someone gives there phone time away what is the problem? Does anyone else have this problem? Do the guards ever cut your phone calls short ?

Last edited by mmartinez81813; 05-23-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Closed

I haven't had this problem a lot but the assigned phone times are killer because sometimes he doesnt sign up on time but i have had a few of them cut short to like 5-10 min and thats killer since its $6.00 just to connect the phone call.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:24 PM
MrsA

my husband is also on d-yard, and the phone thing has gotten ridiculous!! We never had problems before, but now there is a new woman who is monitering all the calls and apparently she has cut people off because their conversations are boring her! WTF!! I know a few weeks ago this was happening every time my husband would call, she'd cut the phone off after only a couple minutes. Sorry if we dont have any juicy drama to fight about! I guess the phone list is super strict (which it was never like this a few months ago, we would talk practically every night, now its a struggle for him to get phone time). I was serioulsy considering writing to the warden or who ever because this woman who is running the phones has a major power trip, especially since she is REALLY listening to our calls and cutting them off because she's bored of the conversation. I always new they monitered the calls, but i never felt they acually listened like that. I thought they would sort of check during the call and listen for key words. We are not her personal entertainment!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess14
my husband is also on d-yard, and the phone thing has gotten ridiculous!! We never had problems before, but now there is a new woman who is monitering all the calls and apparently she has cut people off because their conversations are boring her! WTF!! I know a few weeks ago this was happening every time my husband would call, she'd cut the phone off after only a couple minutes. Sorry if we dont have any juicy drama to fight about! I guess the phone list is super strict (which it was never like this a few months ago, we would talk practically every night, now its a struggle for him to get phone time). I was serioulsy considering writing to the warden or who ever because this woman who is running the phones has a major power trip, especially since she is REALLY listening to our calls and cutting them off because she's bored of the conversation. I always new they monitered the calls, but i never felt they acually listened like that. I thought they would sort of check during the call and listen for key words. We are not her personal entertainment!

I actually havent heard about this, but I used to get a phone call one every week/2 weeks and now its been over 2 months partially cause we are on the outs and cause he cant get down there quick enough to get a phone time.

I would agree about that new lady we are not thier personal talk show.....because if she is looking for excitement then should would cut my phones calls off quick out of sheer boredom.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Mami loves her Papi

I know what lady you guys are talking about. I myself have had an experience with her as well. She has cut our conversation shot, but not all the time. She dose have her favorites there that she does allow to use the phone when they want to. But D yard has had gotten strict on phone use and you do have to be sign up in order to us the phone. And the calls are being listened to a lot lately.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Purple~N~Blue
Donation Award 

yeah i dont know what you mean lol i love ya girl