Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 12-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,494 Posts
Default I Am A Mother Whose Son Is In Prison

I am a mother whose son is in prison. I am scared, I am worried, I am lost, I long to hear his voice, I crave it like a drug, the thought of him behind those walls is too much for me to comprehand. I am a mother whose son is in prison who would give my life for his freedom. I am a mother whose son is in prison. I wake up on Wednesday’s jumping out of bed knowing this is the day I will talk to my son. I am a mother whose son is in prison I search for things to buy, I search to buy him music I hate, yet I do this as it brings him happiness. I am a mother whose son is in prison when he is happy I am. I am a mother whose son is in prison I drive 1200 miles to sit in a dirty room with unspeakable acts going on around me. However, when David walks through those doors the sun shines brighter. There is nothing in that room but him. His hugs warms my soul, his smile lights up my life. I am a mother whose son is in prison I would sell all have, go hungry, homeless to share a few visits with him. I am a mother whose son is in prison who drove 670 miles to arrive at the prison late at night. Only to sit in my car screaming and crying. “David come on lets go home”. I am a mother whose son is in prison who when leaving the prison not knowing when I will see him again, I look and I see him crossing the yard yelling , “I love you Mama”. I am a mother whose son is in prison. This experience has changed us all for the good. I pray more, I love harder, I don’t take small things for granted, I have more hope, more faith, I realize we are living under God’s amazing grace. I am a mother whose son is in prison who cares more for others, has more compassion, forgives more. I am a mother whose son is in prison who received forgiveness from a sister I hurt. I am a mother who is in prison who has develop a beautiful relationship with a girl who I love like a daughter who loves my son. I am a mother whose son is in prison who sees her younger son my son’s best friend find his own way in life. He is striving to succeed and feels his brother’s sacrfice for him everyday. I am a mother whose son is in prison who has a young man seeking the Lord with all he has, showing his little brother who never believed that its because of God and his love. I am a mother whose son is in prison that has two daughters who are being healed as they cant deny the pain. I am a mother whose son is in prison that clings to the day he walks out into my arms. I am a mother whose son is in prison who has seen the power of healing at God’s right hand. I am a mother whose son is in prison believing what the devil meant for evil God will turn it for good. I am a mother whose son is in prison filled with pride and joy of the man my son is becoming. I am a mother whose son is in prison who loves him no less but more than the day he walked in. I am a mother whose son is in prison who realizes the mercy and grace we all have in our lives we all are in prisons of some sort. I am a mother whose son is in prison who knows that they are borrowing him for the moment, they can take some time, they cant break his spirit. I am a mother whose son is in prison whose bible says, “Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be awarded, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy. There is hope in your future, says the Lord, that your children shall come back to their own border. Jeremiah 31:16-17I am a mother whose son is in prison who chooses this day to choose life, stand on the word of God and just believe.Jill
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 AM
The Lord is my strength
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,781 Times in 790 Posts

Thanks, Jill. You are a mother whose son is in prison and you have been given the gifts of encouragement, understanding, faith, hope and love, which you unselfishly extend to others.

May the Lord continue to bless and keep you and give you grace upon grace.

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." ~ Matthew 21:22

The Following User Says Thank You to Believing For This Useful Post:
moma k (05-15-2008)
Old 12-12-2006, 08:59 AM

davidsmominva...wow
Old 12-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Thy Will Not Mine Be Done

WOW! Thank you Jill
Old 12-12-2006, 09:59 AM

Beautifully state Jill! You are a mother whose son is in prison who realizes that with God all things are possible! Yes it's possbile for us moms to walk this journey with our heads erect!! Thanks for posting!

Chris

March 5, 2008 ----He's HOME!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:04 AM

That was so well written. May I print it for my son to read. I know that we need permission to print anything.

Thank you so much.

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."
Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,417 Times in 588 Posts

Thanks Jill, that just about sums it up for all of us Moms, that was awesome.. God Bless You!
I am a Mother whose son just got out of prison, I Praise God every day for sending him safely home to me..

Praise The Lord!

Last edited by PT ROSE; 12-12-2006 at 12:42 PM..
Old 12-13-2006, 01:49 PM

as I Read Your Post, I Have Tears Running Down My Face. I Guess There Are So Many Of Us Who Can Say I Am A Mother Of Whos Son Is In Prison. I Think This Must Be Such A Hard Time For Our Son's And Us, It's The Time Of Year When We All Think Of Family. I Often Think Back On That Little Boy Who Believed In The Magic Of Christmas. And Who Had Faith, That What He Asked For He Would Have On Christmas Morning. This Will Be The First Christmas That I Will Be A Mother Of A Son In Prison. We Haven't Had The Holidays Together For Many Years, He Has Been Running From The Law. I Do At Least Know Where He Is, And That He Is Safe For Know. I Miss My Son, And Love Him So Much. I Pray He Can Find The Real Joy Of This Holiday Season. And Believe That You Can Still Get What You Ask For, If You Ask In Jesus Name, He Is Just To Forgive And Suppley. Prayers For All The Mothers, Daughters Brothers, Sisters. Wives, Friends. Of Someone In Prison. We All Need Each Other.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:51 PM

That was beautiful, I wish prosecuters, Judges, lawyers, and Co's can read that , maybe they would be kinder to us

Old 03-06-2007, 05:51 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,289 Posts

Jill, I read your accurate words and cried for the mom my husband lost while he was and still is in prison. I picked up her battle sword as a loyal friend and carry on the fight as his wife to bring him home. Sometimes I don't know who or what I cry for more. His mother because she isn't here to see him come home, him because he hasn't had the space to grieve, his family beause they fell apart when he went in or myself because I see a wonderful and dented man blossoming behind bars. God knows what the plan is and He knows we can handle it. I just wish I had better shock absorbers to cushion this rocky road.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
Russell's Mom (11-30-2008), sfh (11-24-2008)
Old 03-08-2007, 09:11 PM

Jill, that was the most beautiful letter I think I've ever read. It made me cry. Thank you
Old 03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Donation Award 

Jill. timeless, tragic, true ...thanks
Old 03-09-2007, 12:39 AM

Thank You Davidsmom.....A beautiful post and so so true. A mothers love is truly a one of kind and painful at times. Your thoughts are mine as well.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:08 AM

Wow... It mad me cry and I am having a hard time writing now.A part of me wishes that I never read this.I know it is ment to help us stay strong. But thoughs words hit me very strong.I am a mother whose son is in prison. He's 21, he is my baby. My heart hurts for him. Im lost without his hugs everyday.I miss his smell I miss his smile. I miss all of him.No one can understand the pain a mother feels. Its so deep.It hurts so deep. Thank you. Its been awhile since I cried.I have been so stressed and running on auto,I think I needed to have a good cry and let it all out again.
The Following User Says Thank You to supersheila For This Useful Post:
vetvet (12-11-2013)
Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 AM

I haven't been to this forum in awhile. but the title caught my eye... That was beautiful.. I feel the same as all mothers do my heart hurts, my eyes are red from crying, my head hurts from trying to figure out what happened. All I know is I love him no matter what he has done. After all a mothers love is unconditional...
Thank you DavidsMom that was wonderful.. It has also made me realize where I am lacking in all my sorrow.. It is time for me to make a difference.and stop feeling like the world has stopped. It will go on just different....
Old 03-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Committed to my man

Davidsmom, that was absolutely beautiful, and brought tears to my eyes, I have a husband in prison, so it's a little different, however I still know the pain of my man being away from me and our children. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:59 PM

Default God Bless You

Dear David's Mom, I'm also a mom, and today my baby that is 26 yrs. old, left Tarrant County Jail and on his way to Middleton Unit, and my heart also aches, and I've shed so many tears, he's been locked up for 5 months now, and looking at 19 more months of Hell behind bars. I just got on this tonight and read your message, and it touched my heart, but dear sister, your not alone, there's so many of us Mothers hurting because our child is behind bars, but if we all pray for one another, we will survive. You will be in my prayers, and please uplift all of us other mothers. God Bless You,
Karan- also a mother hurting.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:37 AM

Beautiful Letter. My Prayers Are With You And All The Other Mothers Out There.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:25 PM
only GOD can judge us

davidsmom, i know how you feel, i still shed tears over my son incarceration, i went visit him yesterday, each vist is like another part of your heart breaking, just to leave them there, but i've come to put it all in god's hand, god will not put no more on you than you can bare, just pray, it really do help.i'll be praying for you and your son, and everyone& their loved ones in pt...hoolio's mom
Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Donation Award 

Jill,

How was your visit with your son? I want to hear all about it!!!
Thinking of you and David. Love, Jeannie
Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM

Smile

David's Mom,

All I Can Say Is Wow. What A Letter. You Put Into Words What All Of Us Mothers Feel. When I Started Reading It, I Could Not Stop Until I Finished It, Then I Read It Again. Is It Ok If I Print It And Send It To My Son? Where Is You Son And How Long Has He Been In? My Son Has Been In Prison For Over 5 Years And Looking At Maybe 5 More If He Does Not Make Parole. My Prayers Are With You.

Benji's Mom

Maryjo

Old 04-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Thumbs up

I know what you'r going through, I also have a son in prison, he's
only 19. I can still see my baby's face when he took his first steps
in his tiny little shoes. His first day at pre-school to all the times
i screamed "dont through that ball in the house-the phone is for you
again-dont stay out to late" I miss those days so badly, sometimes
i find myself thinking "what happened? Was there anything i could
of done to help? Whare did i go wrong? But all i ever wanted was
for him to be happy. No matter what it costs me. If i could do the
time for him, i'd do it in a snap. No-one could ever touch the love
i have for him. I just want him home. My only wish is for him to be
happy and for him to know that i think of him every min. of every
day. I really loved your story.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:57 PM

Thanked 2,007 Times in 536 Posts

Beautiful, Jill. Wow, that sure came from the heart. I see God's love working in both your lives.
God bless you both. My prayers are with you.

Cecelia
Old 04-12-2007, 02:29 AM
MISSING YOU BRIAN

thank you gill for sharing
that was beautifull
Old 04-12-2007, 05:53 AM
The Lord is my strength
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,781 Times in 790 Posts

teddygirl, never lose hope for your son's happiness. He's still young and has many years ahead of him. Many times we have to look at things different than what they appear. From your other post, it sounds like something needed to happen to stop your son from the lifestyle he was living. This could be his saving grace. You will get through this, as difficult as it is, and so will he. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." ~ Matthew 21:22