Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Massachusetts that do not fit into any other Massachusetts sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:48 PM

Default Hi All

I hope I am doing this right, just got the computer, and my man is in the Worc House of Correction. He is being held due to probation isssue and then the trial on the 13 of March. I am lovin' and missin' him so very much. Yet, the hard thing is that I know truth, and he is fearing it, and I am proud of him for dealig with it. Very hard to do clean time in jail.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 06:16 AM

Hi Shiva65: Thanks for the welcome. Where is your loved one? Carmen

Heather4741: Welcome. I am pretty new here. Where is your hubby? Please keep in contact as this place has helped me since I found it to realize that I am not alone!

Carmen
Old 03-13-2008, 08:38 PM
bryanswifey

Smile Hi all

Hi,
My name is Jessie and I am new to this site. It hs been helpful to read so far. I am 30 years old and a a social worker. I work wit the elderly and love my job. I love to shop for shoes, read, and go to he beach. I also enjoy going to the gym, movies, and going outto eat with friends. I also love to cook and host parties. My man just got sentenced to 11 years and I am devstated. He is the love of my life and we were planning on getting married. My family and friends do not understand how upsetting this for me and tell me our relatinship should end. I cannot bear the thought of losing him. I do have my doubts about us making it. I love him so much and am worried about his safety at Concord. I am also worried about the financial aspect about him being in for so long. Thanks for listening and hope to hear from you all soon.
Jessie
Old 03-14-2008, 07:06 PM

oh, geez, those "friends" and family really can be the worst bunch of all, as far as support goes, it seems like....
apparently they figure it should be "out of sight out of mind" or something....you walk around like somebody just ripped your guts out, can't sleep at night and can't help but be reminded of your loved one everywhere you look....and you have to put up with stupid commentary from them on top of it all, right?
"oh, you mean you're still bothered by THAT??"
sigh....as if being incarcerated means they're not people anymore...the same people we care about, yknow? i still can't understand it.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:38 AM
Closed

I can relate to that so much lagomoroh. I find it so hard to cope when friends and family call me a martyr.
Thought we are estranged, he is the man i love and have loved for over 25 years. he is their son, their brother, their friend, but everyone ignores the huge pink elephant in their lives.
Beyond being all that to everyone, he is a human being and incarceration is the most demoralizing situation and people need loved ones to stay sane.
jmo
Old 03-15-2008, 03:35 PM

oh, i share your opinion completely....it's nice to be able to speak openly about this stuff to another human being who isn't going to react by lashing out....
this situation has been a real reminder for me of how different people can process the same thing in such a variety of ways....i mean, these are "normal" people, but the things they've said to me are so alien to my way of looking at the world that i was completely blindsided on multiple occasions.....
it's frustrating and perplexing but what can ya do, right?
sigh....
Old 03-24-2008, 12:13 PM

KELandDOm How did court turn out for you on the 13th? Thinking of you. MA MOM - Carmen
Old 03-24-2008, 12:15 PM

Hi everyone...Do any of you members ever get together in MA? MA MOM (Carmen)
Old 03-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Default Hey Everyone

Hello all. My name is Adam. I just made a thread in here named 'Inmate home on Bracelet.' I got home February 14th (on the ankle bracelet), from 6 months spent, on a 2 year sentence, in Essex County, for a gun possession charge, in which I KNEW I was not-guilty, but was lied to and cohersed by my public defender into plea bargaining. I now look back and just shake my head in disbelief at how horridly the system failed me. I was never even given a speeding ticket in my life, never arrested and was teaching children for 4-5 years (I'm 27). I was a student at UMASS-Lowell and a high school graduate. They STILL wanted to 'smoke me,' as others say. I am so disgusted with this state. How can they allow a successful human being whom has NEVER even been arrested before, recieve a 2-year jail sentence, for a crime in which I didn't commit? I am just so lost in the system. I still can't believe I am a felon and sometimes it feels like the end of the world. My career is obviously gone and so are thousands of job opportunities. Do any of you have any GOOD news and/or stories to cheer me up and give me some hope. I've been dealing with these horror stories for months and I just need some positive people to talk to. Thank you.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 AM

Mr. G .. welcome.. and i am hoping you can read our responses in your inmate home on bracelet thread...

Carmen.. at times people do get together.. what are you thinking of?
its always nailing down days/times.. for people.. but it is LOTS of fun.. when it happens!! throw out an idea..

Old 04-07-2008, 02:03 PM

hello shiva. I posted to a thread under MA forum, and it looks like 2 folks are interested in meeting in the Boston area. You are correct, it is difficult to pick a time and date, but hopefully it works out. I just feel that we may be closer to each other than we think, so why not. Carmen
Old 04-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Carmen, thats great if i can make it.. i would.

Thanks~

Old 04-22-2008, 10:23 AM

Hello all, not sure if this is going to qwork or how often these things are checked but my loved one was recently sent to Framingham for violation of probation third offense, and it is driving me nuts to know what she is going through. Together we have had our ups and downs and until recently we weren't together. We decided over her birthday that we would try it again and spend time attempting to make it work and now I have to live with the depression of her being gone for 30 days. I know it doesn't seem like a long time but with a two-year old daughter constantly remining you of "mommy" and the realization that your best friend isn't a phone call as way has been tough. Any words of advise would be welcome.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,283 Posts

Hi All my name is Angel my son has been incarcerated for nearly 2 years now and today I missed his call to tell me that he has been moved to sbcc I have been waiting by the phone all day hoping that he will be able to call back. I only know that he was moved because they say where the call was coming from on the recording. I am new to all forums so not really sure how they work and will probably take a while for me to figure out and actully found this one by accident when searching for visiting schudule which did me no good b/c I dont know which building he will be housed in. I missed my visit with him last week b/c I was sick and now I cant believe that I may miss him again this week oh by the way I missed his call b/c I was out mailing him a letter with stamps so that he would have them before he was sent out

well any way thank you for letting me vent I think ( no I know ) that I will be visiting this forum often again thank you for letting a perfect stranger vent ( o k so I am not so perfect) LOL
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 AM

Welcome Angel! you made me smile with your "not so perfect" ..

Hopefully , you will know soon, which side he is on north/south for visits.. or hear from him sooner than later.. take care and glad you found us..
fyi : stamps or any thing other than money order are not allowed.. to be sent via mail.

See u around

Old 04-23-2008, 09:37 AM

Thanks Shiva for welcome Talked to my son last nite he is being housed in north so I will be going out on Friday eve to see him and I do expect to get the stamps back was just hopeing to get them to him before he was moved. Turns out he was moved last Thursday and his pin wasnt working so he couldnt call me until yesterday
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM

hi,
my name is elizabeth. my boyfriend was sentenced this past tuesday to 5-7 years upstate. he's currently at mci-concord. he had been out on probation for a year and a half after serving a 3.5 sentence for a DUI in which there was a fatality. 3 weeks ago, he ordered a beer with dinner at a local "99", a classmate of his from high-school alerted the dept. of probation, and this week he was sentenced to 5-7 years, for the one beer, because he was not supposed to drink, at all for 5 years. they did take into consideration all the wonderful things he's done since he's been out, he could have received up to 15 years for the violation. i am both angry at him, and appalled at the length of the sentence. he rarely drinks, and truly believed that the only way he risked going back to prison was if he commited another crime, or got arrested. apparently not so. we have been together since he got out of prison in january 2007. he had a girlfriend who left him during his last incarceration, and said he'd never do it again, fortunately he's since changed his mind. i'm a lot older than he is, i am settled down, working taking care of my two children from my previous marriage. i plan to stand by him. i don't believe that true love comes along very often. i'm just very depressed right now. we were so happy, and i hadn't been this truly happy in so long!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

Hi, My name is Frank. I was born in Lawrence Mass and spent my first 17 years in Dracut. We moved to May st in Lawrence then. Five years later, I moved on my own to Reno, NV and then to Albuquerque, NM. Met up with and married an Okie while there and shortly there after, moved back to Lawrence. We stayed there till 1989, and moved to Oklahoma, where I have been since. ... Well? sometimes the old lady and I separate, and I go to Joplin, MO. While I was living in Lawrence, I had a baby girl, born in Methuen in 1985. She is now serving a 20 year sentence at the womans maximum security prison in McCloud, Oklahoma. I wish I had stayed in Mass and then maybe my Elizabeth wouldn't be in prison. Any way, I'm a Massachusetts born and raised and accented talker for life, so, Hi!

Frank Koski ...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:54 PM

Hi Frank nice to meet you

My name is Angel I too was born in Massachusettes and I married a military man from Tenn. we moved up and down the east coast for 13 years we started in New York from there Tenn. then Maryland back to Massachuesetts and then Florida where we parted company I moved myself and my 3 children back to Massachusetts

My middle son is doing 4-6 years in a maxium in Shirley Mass.

I guess what I am trying to say here is we do the best that we can with what we have and try to teach our children right from wrong and some times they still chose the wrong path.

It really does not matter where you live, life has a way of happening while you are busy making other plans. We are all here to help each other in any way we can so welcome and be sure to call on us if you need any help at all
Old 09-22-2008, 05:30 PM

I'm very new to ALL of this. could someone help me out?
Old 10-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Hey Girls!
I haven't been here in two years! I thought I could do this on my own! How wrong was I!!!! After all this time things seems to be getting harder than easier! I am so confused.....and I think about him and all this till my head hurts! I am so glad to be back with others who understand what I am going thru! Thanks for being here....just reading your posts don't make me feel so alone! Thanks for being here for me AGAIN!

Last edited by kereda; 10-18-2008 at 06:34 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kereda For This Useful Post:
angel mathews (10-18-2008), NoAirMan (10-20-2008)
Old 10-18-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kereda View Post
Hey Girls!
I haven't been here in two years! I thought I could do this on my own! How wrong was I!!!! After all this time things seems to be getting harder than easier! I am so confused.....and I think about him and all this till my head hurts! I am so glad to be back with others who understand what I am going thru! Thanks for being here....just reading your posts don't make me feel so alone! Thanks for being here for me AGAIN!
You are so very welcome and next time dont take so long getting back to us!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angel mathews For This Useful Post:
kereda (11-05-2008), NoAirMan (10-20-2008)
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM

Just wanted to thank everyone 4 all their support and advice on here in the mass forum. i moved to NC a few months ago so i guess i will check out that forum now. Me and my bf, frank moved down here for a "fresh start" but he just got picked up 2 days ago and i don't know how long he will be in there for. His court date isn't until Dec.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Best of luck to you and I hope you come back to say hello once in a while
The Following User Says Thank You to angel mathews For This Useful Post:
renegation (10-29-2008)
Old 10-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

I wish people would stop assuming that I am a female. .
I am a dude, man! ... lol!
Closed Thread