Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:04 PM
HIS Baby Girl!

Default Letter was LOST he thought I didn't write him for 3 days! ahhhh

My honey and I write each other every single day, we mail the letters 3-4 times a week. We write no less than 8-10 pages, typed, single spaced, margins as big as we can get them, and double sided. So we say A LOT in our letters. Well, I get a letter yesterday, he wants to know it is wrong and why I Didnt write him for 3 days, I'm like WHAT! until I figure out he didnt get a 18 page letter from me! (my son was in Mexico that week so I had extra time) So he asks me in a nice way if I "WENT OUT" that weekend and thats why I didnt write. ahhhh I hate that! in 2 years this is only the 3rd time its happened, I dont know if the letter was lost or if it just got held up in the mail room. I already told him I am not going out anymore (I went out ONCE like a year ago I know we have had our fair share of bumps, but I hate when this happens.

NO matter how much I love him and re-assure him he is still a little afraid that I wont be able to wait until he comes home. It's been a year since we have seen each other or heard each others voices (He's in TX, no calls) but I will be going to see him the end of March.

Does this ever happen to you ladies? I sent out a duplicate copy of that letter today jsut in case so I know he's going to be like "I should have known my baby girl would come through!)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshappygirl View Post
My honey and I write each other every single day, we mail the letters 3-4 times a week. We write no less than 8-10 pages, typed, single spaced, margins as big as we can get them, and double sided. So we say A LOT in our letters. Well, I get a letter yesterday, he wants to know it is wrong and why I Didnt write him for 3 days, I'm like WHAT! until I figure out he didnt get a 18 page letter from me! (my son was in Mexico that week so I had extra time) So he asks me in a nice way if I "WENT OUT" that weekend and thats why I didnt write. ahhhh I hate that! in 2 years this is only the 3rd time its happened, I dont know if the letter was lost or if it just got held up in the mail room. I already told him I am not going out anymore (I went out ONCE like a year ago I know we have had our fair share of bumps, but I hate when this happens.

NO matter how much I love him and re-assure him he is still a little afraid that I wont be able to wait until he comes home. It's been a year since we have seen each other or heard each others voices (He's in TX, no calls) but I will be going to see him the end of March.

Does this ever happen to you ladies? I sent out a duplicate copy of that letter today jsut in case so I know he's going to be like "I should have known my baby girl would come through!)
similar things have happened to me and marc. one time recently gtl blocked the phone cause there was no money in the account. i got a letter talking about how he knows i'm breaking up with him and to stop being so childish and he thought we weren't breaking up anymore, etc. needless to say i was not a happy camper when i got that letter but he did apologize profusely when i was able to explain what happened. he did feel really bad for jumping to conclusions. i think the greatest fear these guys have is losing us so it's easy sometimes for them to assume the worst.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
HIS Baby Girl!

I totally agree. I know its hard on both of us not being able to be together. He is a man, and he does worry about losing me. about a year ago, I did leave once, I just got so overwhelmed with the whole prison thing and I kind of freaked out. Well, my heart brought me back to him and thats where I belong, I know he still has fears. He tells me that he'll never completely relax until he walks out of those walls & see's me standing there....

ahhhhh....I cannot wait until he comes home!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:59 AM
A.R+A.H=<3

I haven't gotten a letter from my baby that he sent out on Dec, 13ish. I have got letters that he sent after that letter.

I'm very sad because he said that I would love the letter and it was so long like 50+ pages =( I'm still hoping i'm going to get it!!!

Stupid mail!! =(
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 AM
HIS Baby Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonxoxo View Post
I haven't gotten a letter from my baby that he sent out on Dec, 13ish. I have got letters that he sent after that letter.

I'm very sad because he said that I would love the letter and it was so long like 50+ pages =( I'm still hoping i'm going to get it!!!

Stupid mail!! =(
awww girl! 50 pages! that really sucks. I am sorry and I hope it shows up soon!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 AM
True Love Waits

50 pages?! Where do you people come up with the time to write all that? Talk about writer's cramp. My letters are only 2-3 pages, I wouldn't know what to say beyond that! What do you write about in your 8-10 page letters?!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:15 AM
HIS Baby Girl!

We are both big talkers. I have a full life out here, school and an 8 year old so I always have things to talk about. Other than talking about whats going on with my day and so on, I tell him how much I love him and what he means to us, We talk A LOT about our future together and our dreams. We seem to never run out of things to say to each other I guess!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Lovin Life!

I hear yall on the mail issues.... I sent him a letter since last Monday 1/5/09 and he still hasn't gotten it! It had some pics of his son and me and my girls.... ughhh! It can be so aggravating!! I hope he gets it soon! It's weird though cause he got my other letters i sent after that, but not that one.... hmmmm We usually write each other long letters too... 6-12 pages front and back. We basically ask away any curiosity questions and answer each others questions... Oh yea! I also keep him up to date on my day to day activities so that he feels that he's part of my life... It's the least we can do being out here. Right?

Missing our baby Kaylee... You will never be forgotten baby girl! :-) RIP Baby 1-20-11
Old 01-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Yeah my letters are 8-10 pages because I am a talker, I have a busy life. So I tell my man whats going on. I am his eyes and his ears in the world. When he got transferred in November, I had just moved too, and I got no mail from him in 2weeks. I was freaking out. I got the later the day after Thanksgiving, and it was crazy. When I did get the letter, he told me to he could not believe that the mail was out of sync like that I told him yes. Baby was mad @ me, he thought I was mad,@ him. I was not I went online got his info I called the facility and I started writing him. I was going banannas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our men get like that. We are all that they have, in there life that matters.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Its us against the world

Thanked 4,177 Times in 2,324 Posts

the mail system has been screwed up lately- dk what is goin on but its been more and more frequent lately- its getten old quick

*I know it's not easy, bein away from tha 1 u luv, some days seem almost unbearable, but b4 u close ur eyes at night, smile cuz ur 1 day closer 2 tha day ur incarcerated 1 will be home*

His Queen..forever & always..beyond Life
Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 PM

I still haven't gotten the letter he mailed out on the 5th of January.And our letters only take a day to get to each other.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 PM
HIS Baby Girl!

haha! Yup, got my babys letter today. He says starts the letter like this: "Before I start this letter I want to apologize because it looks like I stuck my foot in my mouth. I'm sorry Baby Girl, I should have known that you didin't go 3 days without writing me" and of course went on all msuhy mushy for the next hmmm 12 pages! hehe.... It really sucks when the mail gets messed up but I'm jsut glad he got it!

I hope you all get your letters soon! nothing like a lost letter...those are words lost forever!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 AM
He owns my &lt;3

I'm glad he apologized for sticking his foot in his mouth. My man gets pissy if he doesn't get a letter every day (I get 3-5 a week so I can't complain too much). But the mail system has been MAJOR outta whack lately - I'm missing two letters - one from before Christmas (my "christmas letter" actually) and one from a few days after. Our mail only takes one day to get to us so I dunno.