Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Is St Louis Honor Center a Revolving Door?

Hello-My ex-husband was recently released from Algoa in MO, and was sent to the St. Louis Community Release Center. I was told he will be employed while there and will be required to pay his child support out of his earnings (He has always refused to previously). Should I sent a copy of his support order to the Center? If I send it to him, he will no doubt throw it away. I don't want to cause problems for him. He wrote to our daughter that he chose to go there, even though his parents rented an apt. for him to live in. Are these places voluntary, or was he ordered there (he has a helluva drug/alcohol problem)? He is confounded they sent him to such a place, and says there are abandoned buildings across the street '\dispensing drugs and hookers 'like candy'. He wrote this to our 16 year old-twisted, I know. How many actually get out of these places without catching another case? Is he there because he is high risk? Resisting temptation is definitely not his strong suit-he is like a bloodhound, if there is coke within a 25 mile radius he will find it or it will find him. What are his chances in a place like that to make it through without using or drinking again? Our daughter wants no contact with him, especially if he is wasted like he used to be-it was embarrassing and humiliating to see a grown man act like that, and I can't take it anymore. I loved him, but hate the life he has chosen.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2005, 07:58 AM
All My Life

Send the support info to the facility, not to him. And maybe a carefully worded letter about your concerns. They won't be able to give you any info without his permission, but you can clear it off your chest.

If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live without you.