Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 05-14-2019, 04:57 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,861 Times in 2,091 Posts
Default MWI Chat/Check-In Fall and Winter 2019/2020

What's up MWIers? I started a new thread for us for the spring season

I've had a head cold since Thursday last week and stuck at home now yesterday & today, ugh...hate being sick

My LO will be moved soon, probably by the end of this week and we're not sure yet where - could be Chino or Chuckawalla but we'll see. I've managed to save up the airfare for later on this year for a visit, maybe Oct-Dec....and I think I'll consider staying in an airbnb accommodation this time around. Depending on where he lands I might spend a few days in LA first and then travel to his location for a visit...

My new job is going well, the spring is here -although the temps have been a bit chilly again lately- so things are good. Apart from this flu I've been doing well with my running and I'm considering whether I could participate in a 10K (km) race in the fall...it's more of a fun venue, taking place in the city center in the evening when it's already dark, I did it many years ago once...so there's really no pressure to actually race...it would be a good motivation though to keep on practicing throughout the summer.

How are y'all doing? Hope all is well

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
kellydavid410 (10-13-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2019, 07:41 AM

I hope you feel better soon, Sarianna!

Forgive me because I haven't been following your story - but will this be your first visit with your man? If not, what number is it? I'm hoping to get out to see mine in August during break between my summer and fall semesters. It'll be our first face to face visit. Thankfully, we have video visits once a week... I'm sure in person is nothing like a video one though!
The Following User Says Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post

Forgive me because I haven't been following your story - but will this be your first visit with your man? If not, what number is it? I'm hoping to get out to see mine in August during break between my summer and fall semesters. It'll be our first face to face visit. Thankfully, we have video visits once a week... I'm sure in person is nothing like a video one though!
It's not anythign like video lol...I had been video vistiing my lady in county for close to a year before she got sent to prison and now we get face to face visits luckily she's only 45miles from me so bout an hour drive...I see her weekly most of the time. And its amazing how much different she looks in person as compared to video not in a bad way tho lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Du5t1n812 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Quote:
....but will this be your first visit with your man? If not, what number is it?
Thanks

This would be my 2nd face to face visit (during 4+ years)...unfortunately I am not in a financial position to travel across the Atlantic more frequently

I hope your plans for your first visit will materialise and you guys get to meet in person in August; that's just around the corner

Last edited by Sarianna; 05-14-2019 at 08:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 05:49 AM

Well my MWI has been home for over a month now so life has been very interesting and we are slowly adjusting and figuring things out! A LOT goes into the reentry process!

Yesterday we went to court for a charge from 6 years ago, he plead Not Guilty and has to be back in court on June 12th...so he is home but we still have waiting to do...I can't wait till this is all resolved and we can move forward no matter what the result of the trial is!

On a positive note, I met his dad for the first time yesterday! He was super nice and friendly. Gave me a hug and thanked me saying he appreciated everything I've done for his son! Melted my heart!

Hope everyone is doing well! As always, thank you for all the support during this crazy MWI life we all live!
Old 05-15-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
Well my MWI has been home for over a month now so life has been very interesting and we are slowly adjusting and figuring things out! A LOT goes into the reentry process!

Yesterday we went to court for a charge from 6 years ago, he plead Not Guilty and has to be back in court on June 12th...so he is home but we still have waiting to do...I can't wait till this is all resolved and we can move forward no matter what the result of the trial is!

On a positive note, I met his dad for the first time yesterday! He was super nice and friendly. Gave me a hug and thanked me saying he appreciated everything I've done for his son! Melted my heart!

Hope everyone is doing well! As always, thank you for all the support during this crazy MWI life we all live!

Wow, how great that he's out and home!!! I hope the legal issues resolve themselves quickly. I bet that's a headache to deal with Do you mind giving me a brief rundown of your story (like, how long have you known each other, how'd you meet)?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (05-15-2019), Sarianna (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 07:49 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Quote:
Do you mind giving me a brief rundown of your story (like, how long have you known each other, how'd you meet)?
Hey - are you familiar with the option where you can read all posts by any member by just clicking on their username, then choosing to see their past posts on the list that opens up? Please don't misunderstand me: obviously you can ask questions and people might not mind repeating their story, so lolo is absolutely free to reply to you ....just want to make sure you're aware how to get familiar with members' backstories yourself if you want

Here's an example of one of her previous posts that will give you a little history

Sorry for jumping in, you two can continue your conversation in any way you prefer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
ILLINOIS.PAL (05-15-2019), lolo21216 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Wow, how great that he's out and home!!! I hope the legal issues resolve themselves quickly. I bet that's a headache to deal with Do you mind giving me a brief rundown of your story (like, how long have you known each other, how'd you meet)?
Oh yes it's a major headache, but he does feel confident that he will win at trial due to very weak evidence in the case against him. BUT we can't ignore there is a possibility he could get up to 5 years in a NJ State prison...which would be so hard to deal with now that I love having him home. Those 3+ years of waiting for him I didn't know how it felt to have him home and now that I do I never wanna lose him! But all we can do now is wait, prepare for the worst and hope for the best! No matter what happens I'm sticking by him. Being in court yesterday felt like a nightmare, both our hearts were pounding!

Like Sarianna said I've shared a lot about my story if you check out my posts But honestly I LOVE sharing our story! I'm sure people in my real life are sick of it haha! But long story short, we met on a pen-pal site in 2015 and actually found out we used to live in the same town! We were smitten with each other from the beginning, and after a few months of writing and talking on the phone I went to visit him and we've been together ever since! The 3+ years I waited for him to get out of prison were a roller coaster and now that he is home it's still a crazy ride, hah! But yeah the MWI experience is one of a kind but I'm just so glad I found my guy and we've made it this far! We still have a lot to figure out but us 2 crazy lovebirds feel like we can do anything together!
Old 09-14-2019, 01:27 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Hey MWI'ers... it is autumn, what's up?

My update - no news really..... Just moving along one day at a time and we currently have about eight months to go (if all goes well). Looking at programs/transitional housing/sober living possibilities and making some other plans. Decided not to get married until he's out, and I probably won't be visiting before his release either...unless I win the lottery, hahah! Damn, it's not fun to be broke

I've been at my 'new' job for five months now, it's going okay...Had surgery (hysterectomy & oophorectomy) a few weeks ago, it was laparoscopic and I've already recovered nicely... We've had nice and relatively warm weather for these areas up until now, but it seems fall is coming fast this week, ugh. Planning on some pilates maybe trying barre classes in couple of weeks, getting back to working out after the operation....not sure if I want to run until maybe next spring again

Wishing you all a great weekend and hoping everyone's doing well. Sending hugs to lolo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (09-14-2019), miamac (09-14-2019), Taliba00 (10-13-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 04:51 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,651 Times in 2,290 Posts

Hey, I've missed you!!! I'm glad you're doing better after your surgery, good grief, that was something... Hugs
lolo21216 (09-14-2019), Sarianna (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 10:16 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,989 Times in 8,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Hey MWI'ers... it is autumn, what's up?

My update - no news really..... Just moving along one day at a time and we currently have about eight months to go (if all goes well). Looking at programs/transitional housing/sober living possibilities and making some other plans. Decided not to get married until he's out, and I probably won't be visiting before his release either...unless I win the lottery, hahah! Damn, it's not fun to be broke

I've been at my 'new' job for five months now, it's going okay...Had surgery (hysterectomy & oophorectomy) a few weeks ago, it was laparoscopic and I've already recovered nicely... We've had nice and relatively warm weather for these areas up until now, but it seems fall is coming fast this week, ugh. Planning on some pilates maybe trying barre classes in couple of weeks, getting back to working out after the operation....not sure if I want to run until maybe next spring again

Wishing you all a great weekend and hoping everyone's doing well. Sending hugs to lolo
Eight months to go! I know it's not my countdown, but that seems to have gone relatively fast. And this time it's going to stick (you hear me, Mr? haha).
I'm glad your surgery went well and you've recovered. Barre classes sound fun, but then I was a dancer until Lyme Disease so I might be biased.

Thanks for checking in...I've been neglecting the thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (09-14-2019), lolo21216 (09-14-2019), Sarianna (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Site Moderator

Well, things are going along here, too. News all over the place but none of it changes anything for now. I'm strangely superstitious about putting the date out there, but we're about 7 weeks out from his first (only?) parole hearing. It's been a long time coming and I am so incredibly happy to have the prep work behind us. It was a stressor and as much as I love helping and putting efforts toward his freedom, the rest of my life is demanding right now and I needed to be done. God heard us, got him a hearing date and now we wait.

Last night we learned they slashed visiting in half for our yard from the first of October until the end of January. That was a blow. We've spent most of all of the last four years of holidays together and it might not be possible this year. And visiting around his hearing will now be tougher. But, we've risen out of challenges before. Heck-- at this point adversity is practically on our coat of arms.

So I guess we're in a good place. Just a lot of nervous energy. Happy fall to everyone (or spring, if you're in that place).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (09-14-2019), lolo21216 (09-14-2019), Sarianna (09-14-2019), Taliba00 (10-13-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,232 Times in 5,115 Posts

Where did the Spring and Summer go huh?
Sari I hope you are feeling better after your surgery. You need to look after your health. Hopefully Mr Sari will be home in 8 months and you guys can start your lives together.

I am heading over to Colorado next week and spending 3 weeks visiting they have given us 8 back to back visits and also I will be enjoying the mountains and rivers.

Hope everyone is doing ok? My thoughts are with lolo as well. Hoping Autumn is good for all of us.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.

Last edited by maytayah; 09-14-2019 at 06:36 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (09-14-2019), lolo21216 (09-14-2019), miamac (09-14-2019), Sarianna (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanks guys! Mr Sari - that is too funny...I will tell him his new nickname and also that he's being held accountable by a few tough ladies on PTO

Mia, that's too bad about the visits, I am sorry... but, how exciting about his chance at parole - I can't really even imagine how you both must feel after all this time and the effort you've put in! I am sending all good thoughts up there, hoping for the best

Maytayah - enjoy your trip to Colorado, three weeks sounds amazing...truly! Wishing you & your hubby sweet visits

Mizzy - thanks for your kind words as well...I am good. Oh, and I'm so excited about your huge life change..(not to mention super jelly)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (09-14-2019), maytayah (09-14-2019), miamac (09-14-2019), MizzyMuffling (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 01:05 PM

Yikes, it's hard to read my old posts on here....*sigh*

But, hey everyone I'm glad to read your updates! Always hoping you're all doing well. I guess I'm not really in the MWI group anymore but hopefully I'm still welcomed lol

Last edited by maytayah; 09-14-2019 at 02:19 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-14-2019), Sarianna (09-16-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 02:19 PM

Quote:

But, hey everyone I'm glad to read your updates! Always hoping you're all doing well. I guess I'm not really in the MWI group anymore but hopefully I'm still welcomed lol

Hey you are always welcome ,we want to hear all about it as you start this new chapter in your life. Things will get better and better now you are out the toxic situation you were in

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
keywii (09-15-2019), lolo21216 (09-14-2019), miamac (09-14-2019), Sarianna (09-16-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 12:03 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,651 Times in 2,290 Posts

Quote:

Listen, we all are in love with our guys/ladies in prison and want the best for ourselves, us as a couple and overall. None of us has a crystal ball but what your post told me is that listing to your gut is always a good idea.
But one thing you should take from that experience: NONE has the right to make you feel small and worthless. There's no reason whatsoever except that the person who does it feels that way. He feels small and worthless and was successful projecting his feelings onto you and since you are the good person you are you were very lenient with him. Take is as a lesson and not a failure. You'll come out stronger than ever after you've healed. It won't happen a second time
kellydavid410 (10-13-2019), keywii (09-15-2019), lolo21216 (09-15-2019), maytayah (09-15-2019), Sarianna (09-16-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 11:10 AM

Doing good,my husband and I met while I was incarcerated.Cell mate introduced me to him,her cousin during a visit.His family thought he was nuts dating me at first.Did get married while I was incarcerated too in 2003.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DebraMD For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (09-17-2019), kellydavid410 (10-13-2019), lolo21216 (09-15-2019), maytayah (09-15-2019), Sarianna (09-16-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 09:58 AM

Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,003 Posts

I enjoy coming back and sharing in good conversation with you ladies (and gents). I hope you feel better Sarianna.

I am in a relationship now and have been for nearly 2 years with someone who is not incarcerated. I shared that I recently found out E passed away. That took my breath away. I had a feeling. I knew something wasn't right. I believe regardless of a situation when you love and care about people you tend to share a connection that can tell you when something is wrong.

Sometimes I wonder what JT is doing.... but you know...I have never had the courage to look him up on FB. After our relationship ended nearly 4 years ago my sister had looked him up right after and told me he was already in another relationship with a lady who had two boys. I was so hurt at that time it stuck with me and always has. I remind myself that if someone is supposed to be in your life...they will be.

I have two semesters left of school and will FINALLY have my masters! OMG. I can't believe it. The road that led to this point has not been an easy one. My oldest daughter is struggling and refuses to go to therapy. It's hard to watch your daughter struggle and reach out to be refused. I hope that she will open her heart to me and let me help her through this time. So many transitions. Many changes. Some good things, some not. Such is life.
408MoonGem (09-17-2019), kellydavid410 (10-13-2019), lolo21216 (09-17-2019), maytayah (09-17-2019), MizzyMuffling (09-17-2019), Sarianna (09-29-2019), Taliba00 (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 10:23 AM

Well Spring 2019 seems be in the dim and distant past now so I will
change the thread name to Fall and Winter 2019.

I am back from Colorado and I have to say the beauty of the place astounds me,every season brings something new. This time I got to go and do tourist things and I had a blast. I went to Breckenridge across a mountain pass so beautiful it was breath taking.As was the sheer drop to my right with no barrier most of the way. A kind of taking your life in your hands drive but it was worth it.

We had 8 visits pretty much back to back and yet still 6 hours seemed like 6 minutes.
leaving and coming home never gets easier. Every car mile every plane mile takes me further from my love and my heart that I leave behind every time I leave.

Its our wedding anniversary in a few weeks and I will be there for that so we can spend it together. Not many couples get to spend their anniversary in exactly the same room they got married in. Its a small perk but we will take it.

Hoep everyone is doing good.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (10-15-2019), 4Bobby (10-14-2019), kellydavid410 (10-13-2019), Sarianna (10-19-2019), Taliba00 (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Not many couples get to spend their anniversary in exactly the same room they got married in. Its a small perk but we will take it.
We've always said that we can claim something most can't-- we met, dated, became engaged and got married in the same room. It's one I'm happy to never see again, but it's a unique aspect to our story!

Glad you had a good set of visits. Colorado is amazing. If it weren't for the cold not gelling with my illnesses, I would've bumped it to the top of my move list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (10-13-2019), Sarianna (10-19-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 03:45 PM

It's nice just hearing everyone I may not post often but I have a lot of support from everyone and I'm happy I got on this forum.
It's still crazy hot here in Greece and it's driving me crazy!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (10-13-2019), miamac (10-13-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
We've always said that we can claim something most can't-- we met, dated, became engaged and got married in the same room. It's one I'm happy to never see again, but it's a unique aspect to our story!

Glad you had a good set of visits. Colorado is amazing. If it weren't for the cold not gelling with my illnesses, I would've bumped it to the top of my move list.

Yep first meeting face to face , first kiss first hug. Engaged and married all in the same room. Not many can say that but it is what it is. We will also be glad when we can leave that room behind.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
lolo21216 (10-19-2019), miamac (10-14-2019), Sarianna (10-19-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

November 26th's New Moon brings new beginning and in my personal case with Jr being released next week, I am elated with excitement yet terrified... the change / shift has already began and he's not out yet. No more running to the mailbox for his letters, I've decluttered my closets for him to have space, his prison belongings have been shipped to my house and he asked me not to ransack through them, knowing I'm a total nosy snoop, lol... in a few weeks once he's given THU weekend passes he'll be waking up in my bed... he'll see what I look like before bed, while sleeping and in the morning - like 100% me, I am flipping out!!! My space will no longer be just mine & things that were once a mystery to him will no longer be - my yoga routine, how I sing horribly loud in the shower, what a bad driver I am, what I look like after working a 15 hour shift, omg my morning routine... dear God help me ease my tiggers and anxiety!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-06-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408MoonGem View Post
November 26th's New Moon brings new beginning and in my personal case with Jr being released next week, I am elated with excitement yet terrified... the change / shift has already began and he's not out yet. No more running to the mailbox for his letters, I've decluttered my closets for him to have space, his prison belongings have been shipped to my house and he asked me not to ransack through them, knowing I'm a total nosy snoop, lol... in a few weeks once he's given THU weekend passes he'll be waking up in my bed... he'll see what I look like before bed, while sleeping and in the morning - like 100% me, I am flipping out!!! My space will no longer be just mine & things that were once a mystery to him will no longer be - my yoga routine, how I sing horribly loud in the shower, what a bad driver I am, what I look like after working a 15 hour shift, omg my morning routine... dear God help me ease my tiggers and anxiety!!!
2 days later, now I'm crying and wishing he could come be in my space... damn parole conditions yeah, yeah, they serve a good purpose, I'm just a loon.
The Following User Says Thank You to 408MoonGem For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-06-2019)