Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 08-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Without Him I am lost
Donation Award 

Unhappy My MWI's brother got arrested...

My man has done a LOT of prison time. I've been with him for 3 years, and we only have 9 months to go! I like his parents a lot, and I've always felt their pain of not having their son, and feeling like it was somehow their fault.

Her OTHER son just got arrested last week. The charge carries a life sentence. Everyone's devastated. They almost had their son back, and then to lose their other?

But I feel helpless. I can't be there for them because I live so far away. How do I help from here? Any ideas? Do I send flowers, cards, e-mails?

And my man keeps saying, you wouldn't understand what I'm going through emotionally right now. I listen and give sympathy, but I have this heart ache wishing I could do more.

Last edited by ZoeGirl; 08-11-2008 at 03:03 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 04:59 PM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,162 Times in 6,851 Posts

I am so sorry, you and the family is going through this. Take it day by day, pray things will work out and he wont get that much time. (HUGS) stay strong..and keep us updated..
Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 AM
grá mo chroí

Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,527 Posts

I am so sorry to hear this! Those poor people! That has to be really hard on them. Having one son in prison is hard enough and just when he is about to be free.....

Since you can't be there for them in person, be there for them as best you can emotionally. Write to them, call if you can afford it, just let them know you are there. I think right off the bat I would send them a "Thinking of You" card, then see how it goes.

I will send positive thoughts to your man's family.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temeron0926 For This Useful Post:
ZoeGirl (08-14-2008)
Old 08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,611 Posts

maybe you can do less as your man can! HE can tell his parents that it is not their fault, if this is how feels. there are things WE cannot do, even we wished we could do anything.

I am very sorry for you and the family to experiance this. I am so sorry for your Man also, as he knows what his brother might experiance and with some chance will. if the brother accepts, he can at least be there for him with some advice. they will be allowed to comunicate as they are family..... (what does not mean they will).

maybe best you can do is just to share how you feel for his parents and to be there for your Man, so he can share his feelings......

but these are only my feelings...... I wish you all all the best in this situation.

the way the other acts is his karma and responsibility, the way I respond is mine!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shush For This Useful Post:
ZoeGirl (08-14-2008)
Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Donation Award 

Hey girl. I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.. Unfortunately I know first handed what this feels like.. Not only is my MWI and his brother both in prison (they both get out in 2009) - but, my (ex) fiance that I was with in the free world got sentenced to 60 years after his brother got a life sentence (about 2 years apart) (I think that is more of what you are going through) this was SO hard on myself and their family.. Just be there - be there for your guy, by there for the parents, and even be there for the brother.. Let them know that you care and you feel their pain.. Let your guy know when he hurts you hurt.. I wouldn't push the issue and make him talk about it - he will talk to you when he is ready. I would send a card to the parents.. Maybe even give them a call just to check in and let them know that you care.. Just be yourself and be there! That is all you can do! I will keep you all in my thoughts! If you want me to send out any cards for you - please let me know!

The Following User Says Thank You to emo For This Useful Post:
ZoeGirl (08-14-2008)