Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 10-28-2003, 10:12 PM

Default Lewis-Bachman Visitation questions

I am visting my husband for the first time this weekend at Lewis Bachman Unit and I am really scared. I talked to two differnt people there and they told me differnt things about what to wear. What can I wear, can I wear tan and not dark brown or is it all types of brown? What colors are the safest? Waht about Jewerly?
How do we act during vistiation, can we sit next to each other or is it always across? Can you walkaround the yard or do you have to stay in one spot?
Any advice would be helpful, Thank you
Anne
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2003, 11:24 AM

You can wear tan pants, but not dark brown. And vise versa...you can wear a dark brown shirt, but not a tan one. As long as your clothing doesn't resemble that of the guards....dark brown pants & a tan shirt...that would not be acceptable. (Although, I think that's just plain silly as it is. It's not like dark brown pants & a tan shirt would look anything like a corrections uniform...but those are the rules) You can wear black denim pants, but not blue denim. And your shirt is supposed to be no lower in the front than your collarbone (although I've worn lower, and they've never said anything)

I'm not sure about Lewis, I've only ever been to Fort Grant & Safford. But, at both of those prisons you could walk around, hold hands, etc. And we were able to sit next to each other. At Safford we were not allowed to put our arms around each other during the visit. But, at Fort Grant we were. So, just ask about that before you go in. I just asked when I got there. At Safford, they allowed me to kiss him for quite some time without saying anything. Sometimes I think it just depends on who's on duty. I would imagine Lewis has similar rules.

How long was his sentence?

Aleah
Old 10-29-2003, 11:31 AM

Thanks for the help. He will be there for a year, he has only served 2 1/2 months so far. Isaw him a few times while he was in jail waiting his senteceing and this is the first time i have seen him inabout 6 weeks.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:39 PM

Go to the Arizona DOC site for more info! An acquaintance of mine took her kids to Florence on Father's day and they DID NOT let her in because she had on BROWN slacks! Don't risk it and take extra clothing just in case! Good luck Anne and have a great visit

Arizona DOC

Old 01-09-2004, 04:38 AM

My husband is in Lewis. His letters are "red flagged" and we are on non-contact visits. Which means I can't see him at all. I work and non-contacts are on Fridays only. He has only been there 1 month. Anyone know any info. about treatment of inmates at Lewis?
Old 02-01-2004, 05:11 PM

what does red flagged mean?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Prison Widow

I believe it means that the guards read both his incoming and outgoing mail. In Arizona, if you have medium security (Level 3) or lower, the DOC policy manual states that your mail will not be read (unless they suspect something, in which case your mail gets "red-flagged'). If you have Level 4, your mail is subject to being read, and at Level 5, your mail will be read (at least that's what it says in the manual).
Old 04-30-2004, 11:33 PM

Default red-flagged & reading mail

Red-flagged means that (among other things), the inmates incomming mail will be screened, postmarks checked, sending address and name checked against known addresses, etc. Also the inmates outgoing mail will be screened too (even though they're not really supposed to).

Also,.. as far as visits and clothing go. Don't wear anything brown, tan or khaki. Don't wear blue jeans or a blue shirt. Don't wear something with lots of pockets. Bringing a spare set of clothes is a great idea because you never know. You are in their (DOC) world and they can do whatever they want! The less suspicious ;you make them the better for the both of you.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Looking Forward Always

Clothing is interesting, bring a spare set as each day I visited Lewis they made me change my skirt, 5 guards said ok to one skirt and as I was going through 1 guard said no to the skirt , the others even looked at him like what was his issue but I had to go and change ... luckily I expected it so I had another skirt in the car ... bring a change as I think there are times they make you change just because they can
Old 05-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Missing My Cowboy

Ithink the girls covered most of the info for you there but I worked at Lewis in Visitation as a CO so any questions you might have in reguards to any thing feel free to pm me and i will answer anything I can for you. I'm not there any mor of course an you can read my intro to know more. I was at the unit nest door but they are all the same rules and the same people that check. Just don't wear anything too low to tight, brown orange or blue jeans.

Daymon <script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2005&month=5&day=29&offset=-6"></script> days, until you're in my arms
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->