Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2018, 12:32 PM
ash0513 ash0513 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Question Intro--ash0513 from Florida

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to all of this.

My husband started off at Northwest Florida Reception Center he was there for a month and was transferred to Reception Medical Center -Main Unit in Lake Butler yesterday. He is classified as medium. His officer at RMC stated that he is a permanent at that location now not a transit inmate. Why would they make him a permanent there when he has NO medical issues at all and he went through the intake/classification process at NWFRC? He's from Bay county which is a completely different region and he requested to go to a work camp. Has anyone had any experience with this kind of situation? How is the main unit of Reception Medical prison? Is it a super dangerous prison?

Last edited by ash0513; 04-19-2018 at 01:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-19-2018, 04:52 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 27,125
Thanks: 41,553
Thanked 20,132 Times in 11,754 Posts
Default

Welcome to Prison Talk. I moved your questions to the Florida prison's introduction forum for answers from folks who are familiar with that prison system.

How long is your husband's sentence? Prison designations are often driven by space availability, plus medical prisons have many jobs for cadre inmates to help with the patients. He may have more information for you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Sunnielg's Avatar
Sunnielg Sunnielg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Gulf County, FL
Posts: 302
Thanks: 666
Thanked 243 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Wish I could help you. I a new too. My husbŗnd is at NWFRC Annex right now. We are from Gulf County. I did finally get an email through to him today.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2018, 01:41 AM
ash0513 ash0513 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk. I moved your questions to the Florida prison's introduction forum for answers from folks who are familiar with that prison system.

How long is your husband's sentence? Prison designations are often driven by space availability, plus medical prisons have many jobs for cadre inmates to help with the patients. He may have more information for you.
Thank you for the reply, He has a 21 month sentence but the 85% date plus his credit earned it will equal like 16-18 months
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ash0513 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-22-2018)
  #5  
Old 04-20-2018, 01:51 AM
ash0513 ash0513 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnielg View Post
Wish I could help you. I a new too. My husbŗnd is at NWFRC Annex right now. We are from Gulf County. I did finally get an email through to him today.
NWFRC classification department was amazing during his stay there. Mrs.Kolmetz was great she answered any questions I had about him and treated me so nicely. I was beyond shocked at the quality customer service they gave me. I canít say anything negative about NWFRC other than my husband said some of the officers were sometimes a smart ass. The sooner you get a copy of your phone bill to the classification dept. the better. Once they get it within a couple of days he will be able to call. There is a kiosk in every dorm but my husband said there is always a line. I will tell you it took them a month to move him from NWFRC from what my husband said itís slower than usual.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ash0513 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-22-2018)
  #6  
Old 04-20-2018, 04:45 AM
Sunnielg's Avatar
Sunnielg Sunnielg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Gulf County, FL
Posts: 302
Thanks: 666
Thanked 243 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0513 View Post
NWFRC classification department was amazing during his stay there. Mrs.Kolmetz was great she answered any questions I had about him and treated me so nicely. I was beyond shocked at the quality customer service they gave me. I canít say anything negative about NWFRC other than my husband said some of the officers were sometimes a smart ass. The sooner you get a copy of your phone bill to the classification dept. the better. Once they get it within a couple of days he will be able to call. There is a kiosk in every dorm but my husband said there is always a line. I will tell you it took them a month to move him from NWFRC from what my husband said itís slower than usual.
He took the bill with him and has been there 10 days now. I will tell you, and you probably already know, things around here work on the good ol boy system. I am glad that you had some good experiences. I am also related to one current guard and several retired, or former, guards....afraid I know how they work which makes my anxiety worse. My hubby did say that his 85% date would be in February 2020.....so about 20 months.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-22-2018)
  #7  
Old 04-20-2018, 05:36 AM
ash0513 ash0513 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I would call them about his phone list being approved. They should already have that approved. They never told my husband it was approved he just tried calling me everyday and then one day it worked that's how he knew. It looks like our husbands are facing about the same amount of time. Hopefully it will go by quickly for them and us.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2018, 05:44 AM
Sunnielg's Avatar
Sunnielg Sunnielg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Gulf County, FL
Posts: 302
Thanks: 666
Thanked 243 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0513 View Post
I would call them about his phone list being approved. They should already have that approved. They never told my husband it was approved he just tried calling me everyday and then one day it worked that's how he knew. It looks like our husbands are facing about the same amount of time. Hopefully it will go by quickly for them and us.
He said he had to do a voice recognition and that he has put in a request to do that. I am hoping it goes by fast cause there is so much he is missing....like the birth of our grandson. I am trying to be strong for him, but my whole life has been turned upside down. I was taught to have faith in God and the judicial system.......no longer. The judicial system, at least in my county, is a damn joke. Ad for faith in God.....I'll just say it is a work in progress. I do hope all goes well for you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-20-2018, 05:55 AM
ash0513 ash0513 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Going through this has been a real eye opener at just how messed up the judicial system is. Some of the employees at least I know in Florida are bigger criminals than the men and women incarcerated. Congrats on the new grandchild. It's sad that he is going to miss that. If you ever need someone to talk to that understands what your dealing with, I'm here.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-20-2018, 06:00 AM
Sunnielg's Avatar
Sunnielg Sunnielg is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Gulf County, FL
Posts: 302
Thanks: 666
Thanked 243 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash0513 View Post
Going through this has been a real eye opener at just how messed up the judicial system is. Some of the employees at least I know in Florida are bigger criminals than the men and women incarcerated. Congrats on the new grandchild. It's sad that he is going to miss that. If you ever need someone to talk to that understands what your dealing with, I'm here.
Thanks. I may not now the answers, but I am real good at finding them and will step on heads if I need to. Fell free to message me My time..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intro--Florida mama be from Florida Florida mama be Introduce Yourself! 3 05-09-2018 11:59 AM
Intro--esd from Florida esd Introduce Yourself! 2 10-17-2012 11:15 AM
Intro--Kis from Florida Kis Introduce Yourself! 3 04-09-2011 06:11 PM
Intro--florida.surfer from Florida florida.surfer Introduce Yourself! 3 11-06-2010 08:30 PM
Intro-- Mrs. T from Florida Mrs. T Introduce Yourself! 4 01-30-2009 06:39 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics