Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:08 PM

Default If he violates, will they stop his check? What will happen?

My boyfriend (possibly soon to be ex)was sentenced to five years to CASL on April 2. It's Community assisted supportive living. His lawyer said the wait would be 10 days to 3 months, because they are evicting someone. Personally, I don't believe he will make it. A couple days after he was sentenced, at visitation, he said out loud, I wonder what would happen if, I came late, or didn't show up one night. He's been in jail for almost a year, and does not understand, why he won't get credit for it, because his termination date is 04/2023. He is on Social Security for a hearing issue. If he violates, will they stop his check? What will happen? I also see on his case the probation revocation was filed yesterday, will that have any bearing on the timeframe on him being released?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2018, 08:41 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,617 Times in 14,974 Posts

If he's been in jail for a year, he was not entitled to an SS check during that time, and not will be entitled to a check any time he's incarcerated and/or violating his probation/parole. (SS rules, not mine).

If he's revoked, it could affect his release. Its going to depend on whether the Judge decides to reinstate probation/parole or sentence him for the crime he's on prob/parole for.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Mizzpaypay1983 (04-19-2018), Sarianna (04-21-2018)