Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 08-12-2019, 09:46 AM

Angry Furious and at wits' end, son not getting care

My son has been seeking medical treatment for over 2 years. He woke one night horribly dizzy then he sustained a bad tendon injury to his arm. It has never healed after 11 months probably because his arm is in constant use getting up and down from his bunk. He finally got a lower bunk but 2 months later still quite painful. I spoke to the Family liaison who told me he needs to follow the grievance process. Both conditions continue. He has filed grievances and the prison has not responded in the time period outlined in their codes. Meanwhile my son's health is deteriorating and he is becoming more depressed by the day. Today I called the Warden and was told my call could not be put through to her office. I can't afford an attorney. What can I do to help him get the care he needs?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,651 Times in 13,035 Posts

Here's a link to the Nevada DOC's Inspector General. Make sure your Son approves before you contact them because of possible retaliation by the prison staff.
http://doc.nv.gov/About/NDOC_Office_...ector_General/
Old 08-25-2019, 02:38 PM

I became my sons advocate and learned you have be careful who trust them grievances most get tossed it was 3 yrs me doing stuff.myself until this lady reached out to me civil rights attorneys. Make sure you write down dates an names also or have him send you tickets.did he have mental health illnesses before going to prison?