Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:45 AM

Default Busy Signal when he calls

Whenever my hubby calls his son the recording always comes back that the phone is busy and to try later. His son has no idea why that's happening. I already spoke to securus and they have no idea. Does anyone here have any?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybaits419 View Post
Whenever my hubby calls his son the recording always comes back that the phone is busy and to try later. His son has no idea why that's happening. I already spoke to securus and they have no idea. Does anyone here have any?
This was happening to me. My cell service had upgraded my software to include a call blocker to all automatic dialed calls (telemarketers and prisons). I had to remove the automatic block option. The system apparently gives the caller a busy signal when the block option is on and it doesn't even show up on the call log on our end as a missed call! Hopefully that is the case for your son..
Old 02-12-2019, 11:39 PM

Thanks for the response. Was that something you were able to remove on your own or did you have to call your cell service to remove?
Old 02-14-2019, 01:14 AM

I called Securus and they said to check with my phone company. I looked on their web site and got the info on how to remove it that way. You can always call the phone company..
The Following User Says Thank You to Daddysgal For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-14-2019)