Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM

I did 7 years in Louisiana at Allen correctional center.I was released in 2006 and was back in 2008 for a parole violation.That time I served almost 3 years in Washington correctional.I been out now for 9 months and plan on staying out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ceelo417979 For This Useful Post:
JodyAnnShaw (04-05-2011), verito7981 (01-24-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,052 Posts

I just wanted to say to all the new members to the forum!
I spend most of my time in other forums but try to get by this one every chance I get. You've all found a wonderful, understanding place.... Welcome to PTO and to the straight talk forum!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:13 AM
dessa

I've been in county more times then I like to remember and my 2nd child was born in tdcj while i was locked up
Old 04-18-2011, 03:02 PM

I went down in 1985 on a Murder II (and distribution charge). I did the distributing I did not do the murder, but since I was there same diff. I did 11 years on a 30, walked in max, walked out max. My joining this group is for two reason. Only one will I address here. I can't get a job. I've had jobs since my release, 15 years ago, but after 9/11 and homeland security, I can't pass a background check and can't do the laborious work I used to due in part to age and in part to the fact that after being shot up my legs don't feel so great these days. I just want to know if anyone has any suggestions for directions I can look to for aid in finding work....lest they try to reactivate my NUMBER! I have continued my education and am not without skills, but with any way to apply those skills I'm still one door away from homeless. Since I'll never be returning to prison this doesn't leave me with very many avenues on the up and up to follow to be gainfully employed. From the GREAT STATE OF OKLAHOMA (yeah, don't come here to mess up....no mercy!!) This is my first time in a group and I'm shy so be easy on me? Boston
Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 AM

Default Springhill, West morland, & Dorchester... (2002-2006)

I hope I am posting this in the correct place. My name is Todd Laurette, I have done 3 and a half years, roughly. Started in Springhill, for reception, and to be pen placed. I was then pen placed in West Morland (the Farm), min security, I was stoked, no fence or anything, lots more freedom, u live in condos, not cement cells. What I didn't know what the amount of child molesters there was over whelming, I had seen on the news, while I was in there, pedophiles from other countries, "flock" here, because our laws on child molesting are so lenient, that's pretty sickening, "flock" was the word they used. But, getting off topic. I stayed at Springhill for about 4 or 5 months, stayed in reception for almost 3, then went to the units for almost 2 or 3, (what a difference, in going from the new reception, which had just been built when I got there, like about 6 months before I had gotten there, so it was really nice, but when u got out to the units, u then knew u were in prison, it felt like going from a Canadian prison, to a 3rd world prison, the walls are all grey and cement, and dirty, really dirty! Metal dirty stained toilets.) Anyway, then went to the farm, the reason I stayed in Springhill so long, usually after your 90 days, if you are pen placed in west morland, u go there, but there were no beds available there, so I had to wait for someone to escape, or get out, I didn't care which one, just wanted one to happen soon! lol.then to west morland, and I got paroled from the farm, I went to a half way house in Moncton NB, where I stayed for about 6 months, and I lost my parole for refusing a urine test, I was dirty anyway, but i figured if I didn't admit it, and just said I can't pee! lol, doesn't work that way! lol. So, when I got scooped from the Half-way house, they brought me to Dorchester Pen. which didn't make any sense to me, I was at Springhill, then the farm, now I lost my parole, why would they put me in Dorchester, I was expecting to go back to Springhill, there are a lot of pedophiles in Dorchester too, everyone who checks into "pc" (protective custody) ends up going to Dorchester, so it's almost as bad as the farm that way, but it ended up to be a pretty easy place to do my time. Dorchester used to be REALLY "hard" back in the day, I read a few books in there. If anyone has any questions about any of the 3 places I was at , feel free to ask, I don't mind helping if I can. I started my time in Moncton detention center in 2002, and I got out for about 6 months, then went back and finished my 3 and a half year sentence. My sentence was for fraud, and theft. It was my first time in the federal prison, but I had done LOTS of provincial time, like probably about 7 or 8 years all together, just like 12 months here, 6 here, 9 there, 8 here, lol, I was pretty bad for a while. But I finally got myself out of that life style, and I focus on being the best Dad I can be to my Son, who is almost 11 years old now. I love him with all my heart, and will stay out for him, forever, it's been around 5 years now, since I have seen the inside of a jail, and will apply for a pardon soon.But I do have a question, if anyone knows, I have a good friend who is in Springhill, and he wants me to go visit, he just sent me my forms today, I wonder where I was there before, if they are going to deny my visit, I am thinking they will not let me, but I will try for my friend. He has no one visiting him, and u need support, it really helps , a lot. Anyway, like I said, if I can help anyone with anything, just ask, thanks a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lariet For This Useful Post:
roscoe1986 (01-06-2014)
Old 04-26-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla9892 View Post
I went down in 1985 on a Murder II (and distribution charge). I did the distributing I did not do the murder, but since I was there same diff. I did 11 years on a 30, walked in max, walked out max. My joining this group is for two reason. Only one will I address here. I can't get a job. I've had jobs since my release, 15 years ago, but after 9/11 and homeland security, I can't pass a background check and can't do the laborious work I used to due in part to age and in part to the fact that after being shot up my legs don't feel so great these days. I just want to know if anyone has any suggestions for directions I can look to for aid in finding work....lest they try to reactivate my NUMBER! I have continued my education and am not without skills, but with any way to apply those skills I'm still one door away from homeless. Since I'll never be returning to prison this doesn't leave me with very many avenues on the up and up to follow to be gainfully employed. From the GREAT STATE OF OKLAHOMA (yeah, don't come here to mess up....no mercy!!) This is my first time in a group and I'm shy so be easy on me? Boston
Hello Tesla, Sorry I don't have any specific ideas for you. But I'm glad you found this site. I'm sure that before long, someone will have some advice you can use. Welcome.

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?" George Eliot
Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM

I served 16mo in Calif, Valley State Prison for Women, in Chowchilla. Off parole in 13months. Since then, My 2 co defendants have both returned for violations. I paroled directly to a drug and alcohol program, best thing I ever did.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 PM

I'm not sure what's all going on here, well I did 8 months flat, got out, then did 5 more years, in Arizona (for marijuana & felony DUI) I've been out for a little over a year & I got off parole february, so now I'm completely free.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 AM

Well im only 17 and when i was 15, i spent a year in juvie. If youre under 18 in a situation, you can talk to me
The Following User Says Thank You to Bassi669 For This Useful Post:
roscoe1986 (01-06-2014)
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 PM

I am nicole pinson 280138 or 292676. I was locked up at CAMILLE GRIFFIN GRAHAM in COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA. I did 6 moths the first time for bad checks. The second time I did 3 and 1/2 years for forgery, receiving stolen goods, breaking into auto. I did my last bid 2007 till 2009 for violation of probation.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 PM

2 years at Lowell CI and Hernando CI
Old 05-18-2011, 09:57 AM
heartfriend

Default Female Ex Offender from Texas

I did 4 years, 1 month and 17 days on Lane Murray Unit in Texas. I am a sex offender with no other offenses. I've learned so much, my experience has taught me much about human nature and "the system" that can intimidate and overwhelm. I'm here to look for and give support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]
Old 05-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Did my time in the great commonwealth of PA at Lebanon County Prison.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 AM

I did ninety days on a bogus charge of assaulting an officer. The officer was a real "jerk," and if I had assaulted him, which I hadn't, he'd have deserved it. The maximum sentence for what I did in Missouri is thirty days. The judge threw the book at me and sentenced me to ninety days. I accepted because I knew if I didn't I could be in there longer than ninety days, waiting for trial. It just wasn't worth it, I had two kids waiting for me at home and a job. I did my ninety days at Daviess DeKalb County Regional Jail. Ninety days may not seem like much to some of y'all who have been in prison for years, but it was an eternity for something I didn't do.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:03 AM

Hey,

I am from England. I have served 3.5 years here altogether, for robbery, violence and firearms offences. I have also served a couple of months in jail in Mexico after getting into a fight. Luckily I could buy my way home from that one that one though!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:44 PM

Hi--I served 6 years on a 10 year sentence for bank robbery back under the old law--when I was able to earn 4 years of good time. That sure isn't happening anymore.

I was in from 1986 to 1992 so I don't have any current information for anyone. I spent the first couple of years at FCI Pleasanton (I hear they changed the name to FCI Dublin--makes sense--I never thought it was very pleasant) and then they sent me to a "rent-a-cell" place in Spokane, WA.

It was all an experience and I spent a ton of time focusing on being as positive as I could and figuring out how to stay out once I got out. So far it's working. I've had tons of people tell me I should write about my experiences. I've decided I might try that. Of course the longer I spend on the forums, the less time I'm spending writing. You think it might mean anything?

Once I got out, I settled in Washington state for 17 years but recently moved back to Minnesota. My daughter and granddaughters are here, along with just about all the rest of my family, so I guess it's time to come "home."

See you around--
Old 07-25-2011, 02:11 AM

I have been a member since 2006 because my husband was incarcerated the, well after 6 months of his release I had to serve 9 months to the Indiana Dept of Corrections for check fraud. I wrote a bad check on my own closed account. No previous record ever but it is what it is. My release was in November of 2008 and off paper in 2009. Spend time in Rockville, Madison,.and work release in Indianapolis. Well I find myself back here because my husband is back in for probation violation. Go figure. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my LS670 using PrisonTalk

He came home on July 30, 2007
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,639 Times in 673 Posts

10 flat on 25 in Texas. Got out in 2000. Still doing great!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I did my only real prison time in the Feds - Beaumont F.C.I. Medium - 27 months.

I have also been in the Federal Detention Center in Houston, Harris County Jail, Montgomery Co. Jail, Brazos Co. Jail & Boot Camp, Williamson Co. Jail, and a number of other Texas jails.
As a Juvi I did 9 months in TYC (Texas Youth Commission) and guess I didn't get enough, though I always seemed to skirt the law for the most part.. Doing just enough to walk the edge but rarely falling over. Have been on some type of paper since 1992 and am really looking forward to getting off in the next year or so. Federal Probation is MUCH easier (if you are doing right) than state.
My fed time/charge was Felon in possession of a firearm.

If anyone needs to know about Fed prisons, especially F.C.I. Beaumont, I'm here to help.. I can also cover some state related things but I will usually send you to someone else I know for that.

That's it in a nutshell, and I am very retired from that way of life.

David

I was wondering what was how your first day when you arrived to the halfway house? Did you need anything when you got there they didn't provide that was allowed. For instance I'm organizing a tote of personal hygiene items for my guy(shampoo,soap,razor/shaving cream,tooth brush/paste,towels blanket, pillow,pjs,undies,socks,shoes,clothes,pen/paper/envelopes,money,cell phone,personal radio/cds,snacks) Do you have list or where I can find a list of the halfway houses in Texas. Thanx in advance sorry for the many questions. Any rules I need to know for him and me??
Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM

I did 9 months in the Arkansas Department of Corrections for a framed embezzlement. I served time at 3 different units including graduating Boot Camp for early release. I was sentenced to 10 years and if I hadnt done Boot Camp I would of spent 20 months. Proir to I hadnt even had a speeding ticket or been in any jail. Thanks to PTO for interesting help topics.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:26 PM

I did 90 months and im still adjusting to life
Old 08-22-2011, 01:33 PM

Hey everybody, I spent a little bit of time in Raleigh, NC at NCCIW (North Carolina Correctional Institute for Women) which is the main processing facility. Then four years at SCI (Southern Correctional Institute) in Troy, NC.

My husband is currently in federal prison in Jesup, GA. He spent a few years in Estill, SC where I visited him several times.

If you have any questions about any of these places, please feel free to ask!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Angry still doing time

my name is jimmy.i did ten years in ohio.ive been home now for twenty-one months.since being released ive come to the realization that it dont matter that ive did my time i will continue to be judged from my past.cant get a job, temp services woint even consider giving me a chance.i had a interview at a resturant through a friend and was told i had to much of a prison mentality.does my past ever let up?will i ever stop being judged for what i did twelve years ago and start getting judged for the things i do today?
Old 08-22-2011, 08:37 PM

what year were you in Colorado?
Dee
Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 AM

Default Behind the Wall-MCIF

I was a guest of MCI Framingham in Massachusetts from 2003 to 2008 and would be happy answer any questions that friends, family, about to be incarcerated etc. people have regarding me and my experience. It is a medium security prison but is really the only prison on Massachusetts besides some floors of South Bay that houses women. Therefore, there are awaiting trial, short termers, and natural lifers all mixed into the same bag making for a motley group of offenders.