Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:50 AM

I will withold my name because I have a much different life these days. I do not like disruption and I like to keep my past behind me.
I was convicted by General Courts Martial (GCM) of article 134 of the UCMJ. Article 134 is defined as "the accused’s conduct was to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces or was of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces". Which is somewhat of a "catch all" since I was acquitted of the greater charge and convicted of it's lesser included offense of 134. I plead not guilty to all charges and specifications.
I was sentenced by GCM Panel to Dishonorable Discharge and confinement for 3 years. I served 2.5 years by reducing the sentence through work programs, etc. I served nearly 1 year of this time at Camp Lejume and the remainder at Ft. Knox RCF. I waived my right to parole due to my position against the charges. I sought clemency but was not granted.
The US Army Court of Criminal Appeals (ACCA) affirmed my case. At the US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (CAAF), my conviction was reversed and sent back for retrial on it's appellate merit. Through normal progression, the retrial transcripts were sent back through the appellate process. The ACCA reaffirmed my original conviction. The Supreme Justice who recommended retrial retired and shortly thereafter the CAAF followed-suit with the ACCA.
So, in the words of the Grateful Dead, "What a long strange trip it's been". There is my introduction. Please feel free to ask questions.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Been locked up in California a few juvenile camps and CYA also county jails San Diego and Riverside done time through out the wonderful cdc North Kern, Chuckawalla, Donovan, CRC, Tehachapi
Old 07-31-2009, 11:53 AM
free@last

Default been there, done that, wont do it again...

Okay, Ive never posted on this site, though Ive read the forums for a couple of years...but now i cant hold off anymore..I weas in TDCJ from 1987-1995, at hilltop..hughes...briscoe...darrington...clements units...Ive seen alot happen back then, and I must say, it was all my fault. I will also say that a common denomenator among inmates is the attitude that they are VICTIMS of the system, instead of perpetrators...this denial, the inability to see the truth about ones self, is what keeps these guys in ad seg...and keeps em coming back to prison. Who is responsible for for the hardships i endured during my years in prison?? I am. I am. All these wives seem to be under the impression that their guys are just angels, and that the circumstances they are in are brought about by the EVIL state..ha ha ha ha...suckers..your being conned also. why dont you talk to your man about responsibility, his crimes. ask questions...why are you in seg?? Why are you in prison?? But dont believe all the answers. You will have to see the truth about your loved one, or you will only be heart broken when they return to prison...then, once again, you will be writing to these forums, complaining about the unfairness of the guards, the parole system, the wardens...everything but the real issue, which is your "great guy's" inability to stay off of drugs, follow the law, or control his baby temper...wake up people. Ive been free for 14 years now...I answer to nobody anymore, except my family. why am i still free? Because I took responsibility for myself for once, and stopped acting like a victim. Who are the real victims??? Maybe the real victims are the ones we robbed, killed, and hurt on our way to prison. Oh yea, everybody in there is innocent, I forgot...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rollerswartz For This Useful Post:
Broken24u (08-11-2009), Eternal Sunshine (08-03-2009), FleetingDreams (09-30-2014), lilolemetoo (10-17-2012), mannyswomen (08-05-2009)
Old 07-31-2009, 01:54 PM

Default Who are the victims?

I heartily agree that I am responsible for my crime. I planned it, I did it. But I don't think that the fed acted in the most admirable manner either. While I was held without bond (my fault again), in an MCC, I saw one after another of the panel lawyers sell out their clients to the prosecution. My attorney strongly recommended that I sign a Booker waiver "to expedite the case".

And most of the guards I met had the attitude that they were there to inflict the punishment. IMPRISONMENT is the punishment, and it is not up to the guards to think up new ways to terrorize inmates. Most of the people I was locked up with were used to incarceration and it was obvious that they had learned abusive behavior from guards. A little decency and normal courtesy could have been a better role model for acceptable behavior. When you have "tough guys" in charge of you, you don't learn to cower, you learn to be tough.

I'm certainly not saying that all inmates deserve to be treated with kid gloves. None of them do. But most of the women I was locked up with were decent people, mothers, doctors, accountants and even a nun! The verbal abuse I witnessed from the guards was shameful.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I soon realized that the personality type that would want to be in jail everyday, five days a week is either a fool, or has big ego problems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Auto Expert For This Useful Post:
Broken24u (08-11-2009), Kay (08-02-2009)
Old 08-03-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Hi David

"Wildswan" did time in MCI Framingham from 1984 to 1985 and from 1992 to 1993. Wrote a book about the experience after having escaped and then been returned to MCI Framingham via Orlando Florida. I would like to send copies of this book to the women of MCI Framingham and to any who might like to read it. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]
Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM

Default I would very much like a copy

and so would my friend in Phili MCC. Please private message me for addresses.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:14 AM

alright im in my 30's and have been to chino,pleasent valley,chuckawalla,tehatchappi,west valley detention center,sanbernardino mens central jail and twin towers in losangeles. I am origanly from sanbernardino calif and started doin time in my early 20's all due to meth. My charges were grand theft auto,assult w/deadly weapon hit n run parole violation and so forth you get the pic a general fu## up. I have been off meth now for over a year and gave cdc back their v-22019 number with pleasure. I have maintained my family and am doing good my homeboy has found himself locked up yhough and when i was down nobody was there for me but i find myself wanting to be there for my homie cause i know how it is trying to get by on the crap the state feeds you.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
loving girlfriend

Default wow

oh my God, how did you manage that one? I'm being serious. please tell me what happened.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM

Default Back from Danbury Camp

[
I just returned from a sentence at Danbury Women's Camp in CT. I would be happy to help anyone who has questions or is about to go there. I self surrended in January 2009 and was released to home confinement recently. Feel free to ask anything about the camp.....I will help as much as I can. If you are about to surrender there, YOU will be ok. I was scared as anyone as it was my first offense and god willing my last..... it is managable ....... you will be fine.

Jayson

quote=David;161159]If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like][/quote]
Old 08-21-2009, 09:40 PM

Arrow Oklahoma DOC

I did 13 months as a juvie (in a full lockdown home/facility). I also did another 1yr 1month as an adult in okahoma's tri-level female yard (Mabel Basset Correctional Center) and spent more than one occassion in Tulsa Couny Jail (D.L. Moss). If anyone has any questions, I will be glad to answer.

Christi
Old 08-23-2009, 05:21 PM

Default TDCJ - Connelly Unit, Estelle Unit

I served 8yrs on a 20yr non-agg sentence 1994-2002. Received my education at the Estelle Unit. Now working as an IT professional here in the Philippines.
The Following User Says Thank You to g682838 For This Useful Post:
ashlantay (04-26-2010)
Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM
BehindTheWall committee

Cool Rhode Island 1993-2005

I was in little Rhody from 93-2005. The A.C.I. I spent 3 yrs awaiting trial, where I first learned about the law and took my own case into my hands. Then 5 years in Max, where I represented on the football field and did my best to unite all peoples regardless of race or creed. Then 2.5 in Medium 1, which felt like I'd been accepted to college considering the differences in shitholes- they must have forgotten I was blackballed, and I got a job again in the law library. Then 2 years in Minimum, where I finally figured out why guys RETURN to prison after teh short bids- so I wrote a book about how to do time. Its free to prisoners through some programs (or go to my 1000 lbs guerilla website).
Then I did a year on the Bracelet.
Since then I've been part of the coalition that passed voting rights in RI, and personally wrote the legislation on probation reform. Been to conferences and retreats, directed my plays, and stayed superactive on all this stuff. I even took a paycut to take this organizer gig.
Wanna know the deal here? Come to our prison committee meetings at Direct Action for Rights and Equality.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Reilly For This Useful Post:
Seattle118 (11-02-2009)
Old 09-04-2009, 01:29 PM

I did my bit at Bunker Hill, Indiana. Had three bits with two consective and one concurrent. With the four years of living in a margined society behind me I face new challengs. But with my attitude of " can't keep me down " I will face these challenges and over come. Been out for a year now and have started my third semester at local university. Employment has been a tough and the resources available seem to be more for social statements than for actual help. So instead of reverting I will stand my ground, move forward, and know in my heart that I am not the same and have moved on to be a better person for myself.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:22 PM

I was recently released from FMC Carswsell, WHY they call it a medical center I'll never know! I was there for 3 years and am so glad to be home and able to see a Doctor that actually knows what they are doing and care. Any questions, please feel free to ask.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:21 PM

I recently released from coffee creek correctional facility in oregon after serving 90 months....then was taken to Immigration and deported because I had a green card. I really feel for my friends back at the creek...especially those doing life....I have freedom they don't. Walking out those doors was a moment I'd dreamed of but it broke my heart to leave those women locked behind those fences

Last edited by beyond walls; 09-21-2009 at 06:30 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to beyond walls For This Useful Post:
Seattle118 (11-02-2009)
Old 11-22-2009, 11:23 PM

I don't really know what to write, so here's a short bio.

I was inTarrant County Jail from July 1997 to December 1998. I bounced through the new, old, and reeeeallly old parts while I was there.

Pulled chain to TDCJ in December, 1998 and went through Woodman and on to the Gatesville diagnostics over the course of about 2 months. From there, did a stint at Hilltop, where I did what I had to do until I qualified for the college program and transferred over to Riverside for that. Went from there to Sycamore for Graphic Arts vocational school. Got in a bad situation, and ended up being transferred over to Terrace where I remained until my release. I won my Habeas Corpus writ and was pulled back to Tarrant County in October, 2003. Got processed through the court system there, and released free and clear in November, 2003.

I've been home ever since then, putting the education I received while in Gatesville to good use, working as a paralegal in a large law firm. I don't work in criminal law, we do workers' compensation. But it keeps my mind busy, and that's what I need these days.

Tracey

Last edited by sweetfreedom; 11-22-2009 at 11:24 PM..
Old 11-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana7103 View Post
I did 41 months at FCI Tallahassee.
Life is alot harder with that behind me, but I'm surviving.
Quite an experience.
Montana, Good to see you back!

Sorry I missed this post, when you posted it last May Linda and I had been on the road back home to San Francisco for 3 days. I have not been around PTO too much since either - too busy getting used to the SF lifestyle and being this close to family. I am glad I eventually saw your post though!

Welcome Home! Hang in there and take it one day at a time. No matter how hard it is better to home with family and friends.

Patti
Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Alpha Male

I have been in many Alabama state prisons but I just recently e.o.s from the worst camp here. William E. Donaldson is A max camp an I did 4 yrs there an I thank GOD for delivering me from there in A sane state of mind ...
Old 12-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]
Did 21 months on a 4 year sentence in Texas...including Huntsville,Roach Unit,Byrd Unit, Sanchez,Middleton,Robertson, and Mineral Wells pre parole
Old 12-24-2009, 01:35 AM

Im a california ex-con moving to south carolina and dont know the law out there and would like to know how long i will be on parole.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike909 View Post
alright im in my 30's and have been to chino,pleasent valley,chuckawalla,tehatchappi,west valley detention center,sanbernardino mens central jail and twin towers in losangeles. I am origanly from sanbernardino calif and started doin time in my early 20's all due to meth. My charges were grand theft auto,assult w/deadly weapon hit n run parole violation and so forth you get the pic a general fu## up. I have been off meth now for over a year and gave cdc back their v-22019 number with pleasure. I have maintained my family and am doing good my homeboy has found himself locked up yhough and when i was down nobody was there for me but i find myself wanting to be there for my homie cause i know how it is trying to get by on the crap the state feeds you.
Whats up homeboy im a skinhead and ex-con been locked ror six years and convict to convict it sucks when aint nobody there for you so you should keep in touchy.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:07 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,184 Posts
Default Another Ex-Offender

Howdy - 15 years of the past 35 as a guest of the state: Boringly enough, always for the same old thing - embezzlement.

My prison resume:
  • Florida: (Raiford, Avon Park CI, Hillsborough CI)
  • Washington State: (WSR at Monroe ('78-'82), the old one before the new facilities were built there. At Monroe for the riot in 1980. Then the old Monroe Honor Farm.
  • Oregon: (EOCI, Santiam, SRCI, OSCI, Mill Creek.)

I was also a prison volunteer both in Florida, and in Oregon (CRCI) for a while.

Last edited by Scott; 12-25-2009 at 09:08 AM..
Old 12-26-2009, 03:47 PM

I did my time in seagoville texas at the seagoville f.c.i. I was released on october 2009. It was a very boring place absolutely nothing to do but very laid back.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Barry in Baltimore

Talking Hello...

Hi, my name is Barry. I was incarcerated twice in prison, both times in Florida (Apalachee Correctional Institution--East Unit.) Both times my sentences weren't long, luckily for me. The first time was for 2 years, and the second time was only for a year.

Thanks for the forum!

Barry
Old 12-26-2009, 11:30 PM

I was incarcerated in Alderson Federal Prison Camp. My charge was harboring a fugitive. my sentence was a yr and a day. will help anyone who needs it just pm me