Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 06-05-2003, 03:15 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,604 Times in 1,554 Posts
Default Ex-Prisoners / Cons Please Sign In!

If you have been incarcerated any time in the past, please sign in here. If you would like, please also tell us when and where and anything else you feel is relevant.

Please ONLY use this thread to "sign in" and not for general conversation. My goal for this thread is to let PTO members know who we are in the event they have questions for us, and for future ex-cons/offenders/prisoners to see there are others of us here.

Thanks,
David (Fed-X)

[You are welcome to be as detailed as you want.. Just your name & where you did time, or as long winded as you like]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
cornered (09-21-2017), dxmalone (08-11-2011), FmrDB13 (05-13-2009), FriscoLady (11-23-2009), Keyzlady (11-05-2012), lmellott (07-22-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,604 Times in 1,554 Posts
Default Fed-X / David - Texas

I did my only real prison time in the Feds - Beaumont F.C.I. Medium - 27 months.

I have also been in the Federal Detention Center in Houston, Harris County Jail, Montgomery Co. Jail, Brazos Co. Jail & Boot Camp, Williamson Co. Jail, and a number of other Texas jails.
As a Juvi I did 9 months in TYC (Texas Youth Commission) and guess I didn't get enough, though I always seemed to skirt the law for the most part.. Doing just enough to walk the edge but rarely falling over. Have been on some type of paper since 1992 and am really looking forward to getting off in the next year or so. Federal Probation is MUCH easier (if you are doing right) than state.
My fed time/charge was Felon in possession of a firearm.

If anyone needs to know about Fed prisons, especially F.C.I. Beaumont, I'm here to help.. I can also cover some state related things but I will usually send you to someone else I know for that.

That's it in a nutshell, and I am very retired from that way of life.

David
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
922ggotme (09-08-2008), alwaysmylove (11-21-2012), brandonsgirlie (01-12-2011), DIRTYKITTIE (07-28-2011), gucci11 (07-12-2013), kylee23 (04-24-2010)
Old 07-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I did my only real prison time in the Feds - Beaumont F.C.I. Medium - 27 months.

I have also been in the Federal Detention Center in Houston, Harris County Jail, Montgomery Co. Jail, Brazos Co. Jail & Boot Camp, Williamson Co. Jail, and a number of other Texas jails.
As a Juvi I did 9 months in TYC (Texas Youth Commission) and guess I didn't get enough, though I always seemed to skirt the law for the most part.. Doing just enough to walk the edge but rarely falling over. Have been on some type of paper since 1992 and am really looking forward to getting off in the next year or so. Federal Probation is MUCH easier (if you are doing right) than state.

If anyone needs to know about Fed prisons, especially F.C.I. Beaumont, I'm here to help.. I can also cover some state related things but I will usually send you to someone else I know for that.

David

I was wondering what was how your first day when you arrived to the halfway house? Did you need anything when you got there they didn't provide that was allowed. For instance I'm organizing a tote of personal hygiene items for my guy(shampoo,soap,razor/shaving cream,tooth brush/paste,towels blanket, pillow,pjs,undies,socks,shoes,clothes,pen/paper/envelopes,money,cell phone,personal radio/cds,snacks) Do you have list or where I can find a list of the halfway houses in Texas. Thanx in advance sorry for the many questions. Any rules I need to know for him and me??
Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

David
Well hello David! I am going to be serving 12months and 1day (haha, one day) in FPC Bryan* I was wondering 2 things, can you legally smoke there do you know, and, how do they calculate good time in the feds?? If you can help me by answering these question I would be forever grateful.
Respectfully,
Adriana
Old 06-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Account Closed

I was a guest of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Extradicted into Western KY... to the Paducah Hilton. (Mc Cracken County Jail). Tried in a DP case... Given LIFE and sent off to Petticoat Junction... A place actually called PeWee Valley (aka the Pelvic Valley) home to KY's only State Women's Prison. The irony of me being condemned to a place called PeWee Valley is only apparent if you've read Gulliver's Travels.

The conviction had been overturned and made new law concerning Prosecutorial Misconduct. The retrial was again to be heard by a DP qualified jury.

5 Years and 105 Days after it began the Commonwealth saw fit to let me go. Nothing about KY county jails, nor KY cases surprises me.
Oddly, I don't startle easily.

I'm one of the few lady veterans around here. Probably the only person you'll meet who's survived 2 DP prosecutions, or walked out of a LIFE sentence.

I'm here because I am an advocate for prisoner's rights, female offender programs, longterm offender programs and Access to Courts issues. (see the thread on KY's Resident Legal Aid Program --- I advocate IT too. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...&threadid=9410

The INTRO post is on my profile now as a Homepage. It pays to know your audience.

What I can do here is listen, learn and find some use for some of that extraneous information and savvy that comes from having been called the defendant, the Lifer, the Legal Aid and of course, just my warm and fuzzy self.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Once and unfortunately, a possible future guest of the fine Commonwealth of Virginia.

My future depends solely on the results of my appeal, facing the possibility of residing in Hotel Virginia until 08.

However, I am looking at life with a positive attitude and plan on being home in California alot sooner than 08.

What can I do here - mostly listen, I am blessed that I don't have much experience to rely on. I would really like to keep it that way!

But I can listen and at times offer my shoulder for some one to lean on.

Patti (FriscoLady)
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Irrelevant, ignorant & ill-informed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,113 Times in 521 Posts
Thumbs up thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoLady View Post
Once and unfortunately, a possible future guest of the fine Commonwealth of Virginia.

My future depends solely on the results of my appeal, facing the possibility of residing in Hotel Virginia until 08.

However, I am looking at life with a positive attitude and plan on being home in California alot sooner than 08.

What can I do here - mostly listen, I am blessed that I don't have much experience to rely on. I would really like to keep it that way!

But I can listen and at times offer my shoulder for some one to lean on.

Patti (FriscoLady)
I know I've told you this before. But, you ARE my hero. Trek on Patti your story will change peoples lives. It changed mine. I am a self- supporting college graduate in part because of your story. You made it!! That is what made me believe in myself after prison. When nobody would hire me because of my criminal background; I remembered your courage and perseverance............... I am doing great now!!! Thank you Patti!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to retired-37 For This Useful Post:
FriscoLady (05-28-2009)
Old 05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Irrelevant, ignorant & ill-informed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,113 Times in 521 Posts
Default Bradshaw Unit- Texas

My name is Andres "Andy" Morin III. I was sentenced to an 18 month term in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for theft of over 10,000 dollars from the JC Penny's Company when I worked for them. I never saw the 'gladiator style fights' or rapes that were common at other units. However, violent fights were common at Bradshaw. What I remember scared me the most was the hunger, boredom, and monotony that accompanied me each and everyday of my incarceration. I was my own worst enemy. And, only I could pull myself out of this misery. I fell into a deep depression and nodody cared. Why should they? They were fighting their own demons. I had to realize that that loathesome, horrid, and hideous creature that I had come to fear was a very familiar one. That creature was me.

I had to change from the inside out before the very rage I'd carried around for so long consumed me. I still struggle with my emotions from time to time. But, I've learned to redirect my anger, and rage at the prison system into helping people who need it. If I can answer one question from a family member of someone who is incarcerated, that is what it is. One less person is 'in the dark'. One less person who needs an answer. Although, my reply may not always be what someone wants to hear, it is always to the best of my knowledge the truth. And, the best way to change 'the system' is with the truth.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired-37 For This Useful Post:
Broken24u (05-19-2009)
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by achapinguy View Post
My name is Andres "Andy" Morin III. I was sentenced to an 18 month term in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for theft of over 10,000 dollars from the JC Penny's Company when I worked for them. I never saw the 'gladiator style fights' or rapes that were common at other units. However, violent fights were common at Bradshaw. What I remember scared me the most was the hunger, boredom, and monotony that accompanied me each and everyday of my incarceration. I was my own worst enemy. And, only I could pull myself out of this misery. I fell into a deep depression and nodody cared. Why should they? They were fighting their own demons. I had to realize that that loathesome, horrid, and hideous creature that I had come to fear was a very familiar one. That creature was me.

I had to change from the inside out before the very rage I'd carried around for so long consumed me. I still struggle with my emotions from time to time. But, I've learned to redirect my anger, and rage at the prison system into helping people who need it. If I can answer one question from a family member of someone who is incarcerated, that is what it is. One less person is 'in the dark'. One less person who needs an answer. Although, my reply may not always be what someone wants to hear, it is always to the best of my knowledge the truth. And, the best way to change 'the system' is with the truth.

I am the sister of a so who is waiting to be sentenced. I am in TN. I want to tell you how touching your post is!!!

It sounds like you replaced the rage you had with a passion! When people have a passion they have purpose in life. God bless you for making yourself available!

My family is in shock as my brother is. He has always been a good provider with a good reputation of paying his bills. At 30 years old he invested in a situation that did not pan out. He got in deep financial trouble. He had no support from his wife and ended up leaving her. He started drinking way too much and eventually got on drugs. This situation was a one time occurrence and not with a child! He is facing 8-15 but has not been sentenced yet. He has been in county for a year.

I know from past posts that he is facing a rough time due to his charge. Is there anything you can add?

Again, hang on to your passion! Broken
Old 05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by achapinguy View Post
I know I've told you this before. But, you ARE my hero. Trek on Patti your story will change peoples lives. It changed mine. I am a self- supporting college graduate in part because of your story. You made it!! That is what made me believe in myself after prison. When nobody would hire me because of my criminal background; I remembered your courage and perseverance............... I am doing great now!!! Thank you Patti!!!
Thank you Andy. I am so happy to hear that you are doing great now.

I want you to know that it is people like you that have given me the courage and strength to carry on.

A lot has happened since I made that post, and life has continued with it's ups and downs as it will be for you. But we are both survivors - no not just survivors - we are fighters!

The appeal did not go as was hoped, however God leads us down the paths he feels we need to follow not the ones we want to follow.

Now my journey home to San Francisco is done, I am home, where my heart has always been. I have a good job as an Aircraft Systems Analyst and we have a wonderful apartment less than twenty yards from San Francisco Bay. My first day at work is this coming Monday.

We just arrived home last Monday.

More importantly, I am at peace with life now, I am at peace with my past, and I look to my future with confidence.

It was not all good, and I paid a heavy price, but like so many others before me, and so many after me, success can be had if one works hard, keeps the faith in God and one's self.

Keep tough my friend, keep your head high and know that you are an inspiration to me and many other as well.

Patti

Last edited by FriscoLady; 05-28-2009 at 09:45 PM..
Old 06-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Fianna Fail - Retired

I've done time in numerous Calif. prisons
retired-37 (05-10-2009)
Old 02-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Account Closed

Talking California Youth Authority

I Was Committed To California Youth Authority When I Was A Minor,age 12, Served 3 Years. I Was In Camarillo School For Girls,
However It Was Co-ed When I Was There. I Orginially Went In With
9 Months, Seemed Like I Got In More Trouble And Kept Getting Time
Added, Finally Release Shy Of My 16th Birthday. It Tripped Me Out
Some 20 Years Ago, When I Got Stopped By A Cop For Speeding And
He Mentioned That I Had A Cdc # On My Record Sheet. Yes Today At
45, I Still Have That Cdc # From Cya, I Am Not Proud That I Robbed
People's Houses, And Committed Assualt, But I Am Not Ashamed For
Being In The System, It's Just One Of Those Things. I Have Learned
Alot From Those Days, And It Has Stuck With Me Threw All My Adult
Hood, My Husband Is A Convict, And All Tho He Has Made Mistakes And Is Back In Custody For A Tech Violation I Am Not Ashamed Of Him Nor His Past. We All Have To Do What We Have To Do To Survive
In This Place Called Earth. Luckily I Have Not Returned To Prison
In All These Years, And I Hope That I Never Find Myself In A Situation Where That Could Happen. There Was Another Thread That
Said Would You Go To Jail, Haven't Read It, But If I Had To Change
Places With My Husband, I Would. Life Is To Short As It Is To Have
Regrets.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Lola1962

Default Cmf

Hi K,

Did you ever serve time in CMF in Vacaville? By the way, I wish you the best...

Lola

Quote:
Originally Posted by KConnor56 View Post
I've done time in numerous Calif. prisons
The Following User Says Thank You to Lola1962 For This Useful Post:
tanyat702 (03-02-2009)
Old 06-06-2003, 01:37 AM
Da Ole Goat

S/O some 40 years removed. Conviced 1962, order clearing record 1968, Certificate of rehabilitation 1999. Waiting on governors pardon that will never happen. I've never been in prison, spent 2 1/2 yrs in a CA State Hospital, did 5 yrs probation in 3 yrs.

Here at PTO I do not feel I have any answers, but I "try" to give something to think about from a different prespective from what's posted, on many topic's and a laugh or two along the way.

I'm just a guy that has lived many years. Seen a lot, traveled some (5 countries), read and try to learn from creditable people in the professional world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B-Ray For This Useful Post:
d.drake (01-21-2009), retired-37 (05-10-2009)
Old 10-18-2006, 03:30 PM

I served five years in Beto-1, Been out for 5 years as of Oct 2nd
all in all I served 7 years in TDC. I now have a wife and kids that keep my idle hands busy. I am NOT planning on going back anytime soon. Advice to others, settle down, figure out what your goal in life will be, and don't make the same mistakes twice.
I am a statisic....I felt like going back about a year after I was out, I am glad I didn't make another mistake or I wouldn't be here to enjoy my boys..
Old 06-06-2003, 06:36 AM

Hmm..did most of my time in Santa Rosa in FL. Also beenin some juvie facilities in NY, Rikers island, Kew gardens detention center in queens ny and I am afraid a good possibility of being a future guest of the Florida DOC
The Following User Says Thank You to jasonr For This Useful Post:
retired-37 (05-10-2009)
Old 06-06-2003, 09:59 PM

I was Facing a Mandatory Minimum Sentence of 25 years, But Only By The Grace Of God I only Had to do One Year with 10 years Probation, and Once Again, Only By The Grace Of God, I completed 5 years of the Probation then went back in front of the Judge, and was Released From the other 5 years due to completion of everything and Good Behavior. And I give GOD ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY!!! Oh Yeah, I am in Orlando Florida
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tweetie123 For This Useful Post:
d.drake (01-21-2009), lost4words (10-17-2010), MizzyMuffling (10-18-2017), Mrs.B_3608 (11-04-2010), MSLOYALLADY (05-23-2009), QAngel (05-07-2011), retired-37 (05-10-2009), ssuz (04-17-2014), Star_Loving (08-22-2011)
Old 04-08-2006, 12:39 AM

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetie123
I was Facing a Mandatory Minimum Sentence of 25 years, But Only By The Grace Of God I only Had to do One Year with 10 years Probation, and Once Again, Only By The Grace Of God, I completed 5 years of the Probation then went back in front of the Judge, and was Released From the other 5 years due to completion of everything and Good Behavior. And I give GOD ALL THE PRAISE AND GLORY!!! Oh Yeah, I am in Orlando Florida
it seems i am in your position. i'm facing over 25 and it's mandatory. these cops are overcharging me with sh@t i didn't know of. total 12 felonies. they want to make an example out of me and i'm not gonna be their victim. hopefully i'll have a cool lawyer like you. Did they have alot of evidence on u? all my charges are drugs so they are not "violent"
Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Keep god with you nomatter what and its garunteed to come trough every time.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
loving girlfriend

Default wow

oh my God, how did you manage that one? I'm being serious. please tell me what happened.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,052 Posts

As a teenager, I seen 'jail' several times, but never got in any major trouble.

In 1996 I was charged and convicted of B&E, 2nd degree burglary, conspriacy to commit armed robbery, and accessory after the fact of murder.
I pulled all my time in the state of NC, including the Iredell County Jail, NCCIW in Raleigh, and FCCW in Rocky Mount.

I've been out of prison since 11/98... but am still on paper.
retired-37 (05-10-2009)
Old 03-27-2005, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodygirl
As a teenager, I seen 'jail' several times, but never got in any major trouble.

In 1996 I was charged and convicted of B&E, 2nd degree burglary, conspriacy to commit armed robbery, and accessory after the fact of murder.
I pulled all my time in the state of NC, including the Iredell County Jail, NCCIW in Raleigh, and FCCW in Rocky Mount.

I've been out of prison since 11/98... but am still on paper.
I did 8 mos. in the Davidson County jail for conspriacy and B&E and then 3 yrs. probation and had to make restution.....My son and his friends was the ones to do the crime but because I did not turn my child in I paid the price to....That was my child.....I am completely free of everything now and have learned I don't want to lose my freedom ever again......Good Luck
Old 06-19-2003, 05:20 PM

I served many short stay's as a juvenile, and too many to count in California's fine San Bernardino County Jail, I then eventually graduated to the Calif. State Penal System for Women, served a 9 yr. senrance only to get out and go right back in 3 mos. later, and so on and so on. Violation after violation until I grew up and figured out that who ever it was (I could'nt remember, too many drugs!) that told me prison was cool, LIED. Your not lame if you havent been to prison, so I thought, you were REALLY LAME if you went to prison. 2 years off parole now and holding strong!!!
d.drake (01-21-2009), retired-37 (05-10-2009)
Old 06-22-2003, 11:30 PM

I spent a year in texas prison the hobby unit. I will be glad to help anyone that needs help with questions or what ever. It was graded the worst womens prison but I can't see that any of them are that great. Your freedom lost means it's lost don't matter where you are. Hobby has lock door policy that means your door opens every hour on the hour and you better be ready to get out or go in they don't wait. Some guards are easier than others and might let you in but not every time just depends on how there day has gone. It's not a place you want to go believe me so think hard on the choices you make and friends you keep it's your freedonm your playing with and theres nothing more precious than that. roberta
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itscindergirl For This Useful Post:
retired-37 (05-10-2009)
Old 06-23-2003, 11:58 AM
In the Hole 4 Life

I've done two stints so I'm a two rodeo veteran and have permanently retired from the gulag system. Smile. First time down covered the early 90s and I was on Beto-1 and Brisco Unit in Texas. Second go round I did 8 flat and was recently released and did time on the Smith unit, Brisco again (!), and the Darrington Unit where I spent 6 of the 8 flat time down on the 12 for reataliation in ad. seg. confirmed a leader in the Aryan Brotherhood. I quit that ride some years back in case you don't already know or try to give me a hard time about it. Smile. All in all I have over 11 years done day for day in Texas Department of Criminal Justice. My advice to any of you is that if you don't reside in Texas stay away!!! This state is lock em' up happy. Keep the Faith!