Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Donation Award 

Default No News Clallam bay

Hi I have a friend in Clallam Bay and I haven't heard anything from him since 9/11/17 Does anyone know if they are on lockdown, I do know he is waiting to be transferred to a new unit in there would that stop him sending emails if they transfer him
Thanks in advance
Snoozles
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,249 Times in 3,225 Posts

I haven't heard anything.

That is a long time to go without hearing anything. Even if he was being transferred, he should have been able to send a letter or email by now - it's been 2 months.

You can look him up here: http://www.doc.wa.gov/information/inmate-search/

At least that will tell you which institution they think he's in, or if he's in any institution. I don't want to frighten you, but if he's died, he won't be in the system at all anymore. At least looking him up can give you the comfort of knowing he's still alive.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 03:56 AM
Donation Award 

Hi GingerM
I'm from the UK so the date is the other way round I have not heard from him since (9th November so just over a week ago I will see if I can change it on my thread
And thank you for the link I did check up and he is very much alive
Old 11-17-2017, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Oops, sorry about the date! That messed up my head when I lived in Europe too!

Glad he's alive! Since it's been 6 days now since you last heard from him, it's entirely possible that he's still in transfer. I've heard of it taking a couple of weeks before they had access to email/phones while they're being settled in their new places.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 04:41 PM
Certified Recluse
Donation Award 

Today, I received a Jpay from my pen pal in clallam bay. He mentioned they just came off lockdown. Didn't tell how long, only his unit or the entire prison, but this might be the reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marco1969 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (11-18-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Donation Award 

Aww thank you for that hopefully I might hear something
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker8ell55 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (11-18-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Donation Award 

Hi GingerM
Still not heard from my friend, So I am still sending 1-2 emails, as usual, a day as I have always done. I don't want to appear to be a stalker lol do you think I should carry on ? ( I have always up to 11/09/17 received 1-2 emails a day from him} the only other time he didn't was for a week when he asked me to have a tattoo of his name on myself and I refused so he didn't send any emails for 1 week while he sulked but then apologized but nothing like that has happened this time the emails I'm sending are just everyday things
Snoozling
Old 11-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Donation Award 

Default update

Heard from my friend and it seems they were on Lockdown due to Riots going on, It seems to have calmed down for the minute, fingers crossed it stays that way
GingerM (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

It's really rough on both sides when we can't communicate. One side ends up wondering what's going on with the other.

In Oregon, we can do email through AccessCorrections. Their email server has been getting worse and worse until it finally just stopped working recently. I can't send emails, I can't even open my inbox to read the ones that have been sent to me. I get an email notification that I got an email, but I don't even know who it's from since I have 4 active friends and they all email me.

I end up having to write 4 notecards to each of them saying "um, got an email, can't get to it, if it was from you, I'm thinking of you. If it wasn't from you, I'm still thinking of you. Call if you need something." I feel like an idiot, but have no way of knowing who contacted me or why.

One of my friends emails me about every other day. If I don't hear from him in a week or so, I text his wife to see if everything's okay. Usually it's just a broken kiosk and sometimes it'll take a month to get fixed. Then it's back to snail mail.

I can see how snail mail would really be rough from England (or any other area far away), since just getting the mail there and back would be a week at the absolute fastest. Probably more reasonably would be 2 weeks.

I feel for you, and am glad to hear that everything is okay between the two of you, even if it's not okay in Clallum right now.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Donation Award 

Thats really bad for you over emailing I had a problem with JPAY every email I sent for about 1 month was redflagged and it was so fustrating as I couldnt see what the problem was with my emails and I couldnt get any replys to my emails to customer support to see what I was doing wrong in the emails so I got in touch through FB to jpay they said they wernt the ones that delt with customers support but they advised I delete my friend from Jpay wait a few days then re add them as there could just be a glitch, with my account So I tried that and had no problems since (fingers crossed) coud you not try that with AccessCorrections.?
I do also write to R or send little cards but they can take 3-4 weeks before he gets them it's a nightmare Glad we don't have to rely on snail mail

About 20 years ago I use to write to a guy on DR in Georgia and it was just snail mail but they were really fast about 1 week I wrote to him for about 10yrs and my husband then(divorced) and I went to visit him just before his execution they let us have 2 days of 6 hr visits I said I never could do that again it was heartbreaking the guards and warden was so kind to us

My friend, now, I had had a holiday romance with when I was in the states 10yrs ago but it fizzled out. years later when he got sent down he sent a letter to the last address he had for me, and I was still there he is LWP so I'm in for the long haul again
it's nice that you can find out about your friend through his wife I think that is so cool The trust is incredible
GingerM (11-21-2017)