Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:50 AM

Default surrendering with positive drug test

does anyone know what the bop does if your inital urine test comes up positive upon self surrendering?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 09:09 AM

you sentenced will be increased immediately. you better be clean.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
-----------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,912 Times in 2,104 Posts

Your sentence will not be increased! You may do some hole time and lose some good time or other priveliges but the BOP can not increase your sentence.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,394 Posts

Ok, your sentence won't be increased like outraged said, the BOP have NO authority to increase sentences. I also don't think you'd be sent to the hole either since you would be testing dirty for use BEFORE you entered the facility. And you can't lose good time if you haven't even started your time yet. BUT with all that being said I think you should go in a clean as possible...get it out of your system now because the first couple of weeks are gonna be miserable, you don't want them to be even more miserable from a possible withdrawal. Good Luck!

GO BULLS!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:30 PM
-----------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,912 Times in 2,104 Posts

Actually, you can go to the hole for this. I saw it happen several times. As far as losing goodtime, the minute he checks in under the influence, it is a violation whether he did it before he started his sentence or not. Whether they would impose the loss of goodtime is another question but as Csmcgrl23 said, it would not be wise to show up that way
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 AM

im weighing the cons against driving home the fact that i need rdap. drug abuse is documented in my psr and im attending government counseling prior to sentencing, but i also hear that the bop will make their own determination of whether or not i have an addiction. would being dirty help them in their decision?
Old 12-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,404 Posts

Going in stoned is a bad idea as outraged explained. It won't help you with RDAP. The Pre-sentence report documentation indicating that you have had problems within the past 12 months is what will give you the entree to the program.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:21 PM

Thanked 1,428 Times in 619 Posts

Going in high is definately a bad idea. as outraged said if you test dirty, you may do some hole time, but while I doubt they'd toss you in shu, i believe outraged. bop does what bop wants. chances are if your addiction is documented, you will get a program but once agian nothing is guarenteed. that being said, don't try to drive the point of your addition home with bop by showing up messed up you will screw yourself in the long run. The other thing as csmcgrl23 said, as hard as it may be prior to ss, try to stay clean. i went in on a fentynal patch i'd been on them for over a year for pain and bop doesn't do fentynal actually pain wise they hardly do anything, anyway to make a long story short i detoxed by myself and let me tell you it was a miserable experience to say the least and they weren't exactly a comforting bunch there either. so try to detox before hand if you can i know it wont be easy, but believe me you'll be miserable enough without having to add that into the fray. good luck

joe
Old 12-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Don't start your bid on bad terms. You will get an instant reputation as a trouble-maker and that could actually HURT your RDAP chances. Let your PSR and your interview with they PSYC dept speak to your issues. If you truly have a problem, you will get into the program. No scamming required.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Liberty Tree

Here is the deal: You will not loose any GCT. In all the time that I've worked in the BOP no one that I am aware of has ever lost and GCT for surrendering under the influence of anything. If you come in under the influence, you will be placed in SHU, not out of punishment, but for security concerns. They will not put you on the compound incapacitated in any way. Not necessarily because they are concerned for you, but you would become a liabitity for the BOP if they 'knowningly' released you to the yard under the influence. So, expect to go to the hole if you're under the influence. The biggest consequence that you should expect is that when it comes time for you to be furlough and/or halfway house eligible, they will hold it against you then. They may also place you into a monitoring program where they will test you monthly for 2 years to see if you're using while in custody.

So there you have it. I tell anyone whose willing to listen that the best way to do your time is to become invisible. If you go in under the influence you are begging for attention. Attention that in the long run, you will regret later. So go in quietly and then disappear.

Best of luck

GG
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greyghost For This Useful Post:
aba (01-03-2010), Lesliezack (01-03-2010), PTO-97580 (12-15-2009), Zelda50 (12-16-2009)
Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 AM

I have to say I agree with Grey Ghost. Go in quietly and fly under the radar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iam4myman For This Useful Post:
aba (01-03-2010)
Old 01-03-2010, 02:56 PM

So is an initial drug test upon self surrender the norm? My boyfriend and his brother were not tested when they went into Herlong. I'll be going to a women's camp.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Liberty Tree

They will only test you if there is reason to believe that you are under the influence when you self-surrender.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greyghost For This Useful Post:
aba (01-03-2010), PTO-97580 (01-03-2010), tmarrra (01-05-2010)