Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

View Poll Results: What Texas Prison or State Jail is your loved one in?
Allred 68 1.92%
Barlett State Jail 41 1.16%
Beto 84 2.38%
Boyd 21 0.59%
Bradshaw State Jail 61 1.73%
Bridgeport 4 0.11%
Briscoe 40 1.13%
Byrd 44 1.24%
Central 14 0.40%
Clemens 23 0.65%
Clements 75 2.12%
Cleveland 6 0.17%
Coffield 70 1.98%
Cole 22 0.62%
Connally 65 1.84%
Cotulla 9 0.25%
Dalhart 27 0.76%
Daniel 29 0.82%
Darrington 37 1.05%
Dawson State Jail 21 0.59%
Diboll 12 0.34%
Dominguez State Jail 47 1.33%
Duncan 6 0.17%
Eastham 55 1.56%
Ellis 37 1.05%
Estelle 55 1.56%
Estes 15 0.42%
Ferguson 68 1.92%
Formby State Jail 26 0.74%
Fort Stockton 15 0.42%
Garza East 43 1.22%
Garza West 95 2.69%
Gatesville 42 1.19%
Gist State Jail 79 2.23%
Glossbrenner 9 0.25%
Goodman 15 0.42%
Goree 21 0.59%
Gurney 158 4.47%
Halbert 13 0.37%
Hamilton 16 0.45%
Havins State Jail 12 0.34%
Henley State Jail 5 0.14%
Hightower 26 0.74%
Hilltop 6 0.17%
Hobby 39 1.10%
Hodge 6 0.17%
Holliday 91 2.57%
Hospital Galveston 1 0.03%
Hughes 51 1.44%
Huntsville 31 0.88%
Hutchins State Jail 46 1.30%
Jester I 19 0.54%
Jester III 17 0.48%
Jester IV 4 0.11%
Johnston 22 0.62%
Jordan 16 0.45%
Kegans 10 0.28%
Kyle 12 0.34%
LeBlanc 21 0.59%
Lewis 53 1.50%
Lindsey State Jail 46 1.30%
Lockhart 17 0.48%
Lopez State Jail 32 0.90%
Luther 29 0.82%
Lyncher State Jail 50 1.41%
Lynaugh 23 0.65%
McConnell 46 1.30%
Michael 41 1.16%
Middleton 119 3.37%
Montford 6 0.17%
Moore, B. 4 0.11%
Moore, C. 34 0.96%
Mt. View 17 0.48%
Murray 21 0.59%
Neal 26 0.74%
Ney State Jail 14 0.40%
Pack 19 0.54%
Plane State Jail 51 1.44%
Polunsky 97 2.74%
Powledge 15 0.42%
Ramsey I 30 0.85%
Ramsey II 10 0.28%
Roach 17 0.48%
Robertson 55 1.56%
Rudd 24 0.68%
Sanchez State Jail 33 0.93%
Sayle 15 0.42%
Scott 12 0.34%
Segovia 33 0.93%
Skyview 6 0.17%
Smith 59 1.67%
Stevenson 20 0.57%
Stiles 56 1.58%
Telford 63 1.78%
Terrell 15 0.42%
Torres 20 0.57%
Travis Co. State Jail 27 0.76%
Tulia 17 0.48%
Vance 2 0.06%
Wallace 30 0.85%
Ware 16 0.45%
Wheeler State Jail 17 0.48%
Willacy Co. State Jail 32 0.90%
Woodman State Jail 18 0.51%
Wynne 48 1.36%
Young Medical Facility 1 0.03%
Baten - Parole Confinement 11 0.31%
Mineral Wells -Parole Confinement 29 0.82%
East Texas - Parole Confinement 14 0.40%
West Texas - Parole Confinement 9 0.25%
North Texas - Parole Confinement 6 0.17%
South Texas - Parole Confinement 8 0.23%
Voters: 3536. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1401  
Old 08-31-2018, 06:34 AM
krtnywalker1 krtnywalker1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 23
Thanks: 22
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Mine is currently at Cole.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #1402  
Old 09-01-2018, 11:56 PM
meganhawkins24 meganhawkins24 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

He's in CRTC Ray D Anderson corrections community in Brownfield Tx... He gets out February 7th... Has anyone been there or know anyone that has??? I hardly can find anything about it...
Reply With Quote
  #1403  
Old 10-01-2018, 06:23 AM
pk31982 pk31982 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 15
Thanks: 11
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

she is in the plane state unit in Dayton TX Her mother recently had a stroke and can no longer travel like she could we have put in a request to have me moved to a closer facility but who knows if that will happen.
Reply With Quote
  #1404  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Chinita14 Chinita14 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 26
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

My husband is currently at the Johnston Unit, in Winnsboro, TX. His coming home soon. We hope so!!

- <3 One day closer!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinita14 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-10-2018)
  #1405  
Old 10-17-2018, 08:20 AM
28Natalychelle 28Natalychelle is offline
Account Closed
 

Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Copperas Cove, TX
Posts: 5
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

My Fiance is currently at the TDCJ Gurney Unit
Reply With Quote
  #1406  
Old 01-07-2019, 04:57 PM
meshell71 meshell71 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsen View Post
My husband is in the sanchez unit in El Paso. I swear i think he's the only one there. I am beginning to doubt that there is a prison there because i never hear of anyone having a loved one there. I live 500 miles from their and have not got to see my husband for over 3 months. Not alot of money and no way to go. I wrote and told him the other day that the next time he will see me i'll be in the rest home or drawing my social security.
They sent my son there. The furthest unit from me. I didn't get to visit him either due to money issues. My son is home now praise God. He did say that the warden there doesn't allow the guards to speak down to you or treat you bad. That was one good thing about that place. God Bless you!
Reply With Quote
  #1407  
Old 01-08-2019, 12:25 PM
cecedunn's Avatar
cecedunn cecedunn is offline
Cookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Houston OR Nacogdoches
Posts: 9
Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Hubby is at Boyd Unit
__________________
*COOKIE & BUDDY*
*ROCKING WITH HIM TIL
THE DEATH OF ME*
Reply With Quote
  #1408  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:41 AM
tr4pst4rs's Avatar
tr4pst4rs tr4pst4rs is offline
BLEEDING THE BLOCK
 

Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: El Paso TEXAS
Posts: 14
Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsen View Post
My husband is in the sanchez unit in El Paso. I swear i think he's the only one there. I am beginning to doubt that there is a prison there because i never hear of anyone having a loved one there. I live 500 miles from their and have not got to see my husband for over 3 months. Not alot of money and no way to go. I wrote and told him the other day that the next time he will see me i'll be in the rest home or drawing my social security.



im here in el paso
Reply With Quote
  #1409  
Old 03-03-2019, 08:09 PM
Freya361 Freya361 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Texas 361
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Fci three rivers
Reply With Quote
  #1410  
Old 03-11-2019, 05:25 PM
pennifer's Avatar
pennifer pennifer is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Largo,Florida
Posts: 95
Thanks: 12
Thanked 31 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Luther Unit
Reply With Quote
  #1411  
Old 05-14-2019, 11:22 AM
4Bobby's Avatar
4Bobby 4Bobby is offline
Green Eyed Monster
 

Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Paris, TX, USA
Posts: 397
Thanks: 208
Thanked 206 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Johnston Unit in Winnsboro. He just got transferred yesterday from Lamar County.
Reply With Quote
  #1412  
Old 05-19-2019, 04:12 PM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is offline
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,538
Thanks: 2,255
Thanked 5,597 Times in 1,473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Bobby View Post
Johnston Unit in Winnsboro. He just got transferred yesterday from Lamar County.
He's not far from Sulphur Springs. Johnston is a 6 month SAFPT (Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Treatment) and one of the more intensive SAFPTs in the state. That can be a good thing if he goes there and never has go through it again.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Firebrand For This Useful Post:
4Bobby (05-20-2019)
  #1413  
Old 06-06-2019, 11:22 AM
notknowing notknowing is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Houston Tx US
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4pst4rs View Post
im here in el paso
Mine left El Paso last night....I wish I knew where he is going.
Reply With Quote
  #1414  
Old 06-14-2019, 07:45 PM
Sam1986 Sam1986 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anybody have a loved one in Dominquez State Jail in San Antonio
Reply With Quote
  #1415  
Old 07-21-2019, 06:15 AM
natalievzqz natalievzqz is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My husband Joshua is currently doing 60 days ISF at Baten Unit up in Pampa for a parole violation. Does anyone know how long the tdcj annual lockdowns usually last? He's been there almost 3 weeks and by the time I got a landline installed and registered with tdc I got a letter from him saying that they had just gone on lockdown ☹ We're both so frustrated not knowing when it's going to be over. I don't understand why they are allowed to have visitation but not allowed to use the phones? I wish I could visit but Pampa is a little over 5 hours away from Dallas and don't currently have a runnimg vehicle ughhhhh
Reply With Quote
  #1416  
Old 07-26-2019, 09:32 PM
Chandra1256 Chandra1256 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Texas Childress
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

❤️ My husband just got to Estelle Unit Home in 4 months!!!❤️

Last edited by Chandra1256; 07-26-2019 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1417  
Old 09-05-2019, 09:37 PM
MSGARCIA1992's Avatar
MSGARCIA1992 MSGARCIA1992 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 53
Thanks: 51
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Hubby is at Garza West
__________________
Mrs.Garcia❤️





Reply With Quote
  #1418  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:00 PM
MSGARCIA1992's Avatar
MSGARCIA1992 MSGARCIA1992 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 53
Thanks: 51
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalievzqz View Post
My husband Joshua is currently doing 60 days ISF at Baten Unit up in Pampa for a parole violation. Does anyone know how long the tdcj annual lockdowns usually last? He's been there almost 3 weeks and by the time I got a landline installed and registered with tdc I got a letter from him saying that they had just gone on lockdown ☹ We're both so frustrated not knowing when it's going to be over. I don't understand why they are allowed to have visitation but not allowed to use the phones? I wish I could visit but Pampa is a little over 5 hours away from Dallas and don't currently have a runnimg vehicle ughhhhh
I don't understand but that sounds dumb could be more trouble with visits than phone but OK!!
__________________
Mrs.Garcia❤️





Reply With Quote
  #1419  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:10 PM
MSGARCIA1992's Avatar
MSGARCIA1992 MSGARCIA1992 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 53
Thanks: 51
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayvel16 View Post
Mine was transferred 2 weeks ago
How was the intake process at Garza west mine just got there Tuesday
__________________
Mrs.Garcia❤️





Reply With Quote
  #1420  
Old 09-19-2019, 02:09 PM
bayleem13 bayleem13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 21
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

How often do they move? Does anyone know how TDCJ decides what unit they go too?
Reply With Quote
  #1421  
Old 09-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Firebrand's Avatar
Firebrand Firebrand is offline
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,538
Thanks: 2,255
Thanked 5,597 Times in 1,473 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayleem13 View Post
How often do they move? Does anyone know how TDCJ decides what unit they go too?
Most often we start out at a transfer facility like Gurney, Middleton, Garza East or West. These are units where you go through intake ( i.d. card & # issued, physical, sociology). You can be kept up to 2 years at a transfer facility. Once you leave there (transfer facility) in theory, you're supposed serve the remainder of your sentence until parole or long way discharge occurs at an i.d unit. Most people don't stay at 2 years, but some do. Where you go beyond the transfer unit is determined by Classification where upon many men will go to the Byrd unit in Huntsville for a re-assessment to do with physical evaluations and what not and then on to Goree in Huntsville where Classification will determine where it is one is to go serve their time. Once you leave a transfer facility, you normally don't spend anymore than a 2-3 weeks at both Byrd & Goree. That's the norm for someone entering TDCJ for the first time or if they've been convicted for another felony and/or they've been out of the prison system for some years. For those that go back to TDCJ to do with parole violations inwhich one has been revoked, sometimes, you never go to an i.d. unit. You may spend much of your time bouncing around from state jail to state jail. I've seen that happen.

If someone has psychiatric issues they may go to the Neal unit, Jester IV or some other places I'm not up on right now. If someone becomes an outside trustee (S2) then, they'll go where trustees are needed and most often wind up at a trustee camp which is usually close by an i.d. unit of some kind. If you're going to school (College/Vocational) then, you will go where the classes or courses you're interested in are offered.

If you're a bad actor you might end up going someplace where Super Segs (Administrative Segregation) is available. There are a number of variables to do with where one goes and sometimes it may be more a matter of what bed or beds are available in a given region. Used to, you could predict up to a point where you'd go if you lived in the one of the larger cities like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, some where in the Panhandle like Amarillo or Lubbock where by you'd more than like go to the region closest to your home town, but that's not always the case these days.

And there's a lot of stuff that I've failed to mention or don't know the specifics on, but this is a decent slant on how, where and why concerning your question.
__________________
We're All In This Together
Reply With Quote
  #1422  
Old 09-19-2019, 05:57 PM
bayleem13 bayleem13 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 21
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Most often we start out at a transfer facility like Gurney, Middleton, Garza East or West. These are units where you go through intake ( i.d. card & # issued, physical, sociology). You can be kept up to 2 years at a transfer facility. Once you leave there (transfer facility) in theory, you're supposed serve the remainder of your sentence until parole or long way discharge occurs at an i.d unit. Most people don't stay at 2 years, but some do. Where you go beyond the transfer unit is determined by Classification where upon many men will go to the Byrd unit in Huntsville for a re-assessment to do with physical evaluations and what not and then on to Goree in Huntsville where Classification will determine where it is one is to go serve their time. Once you leave a transfer facility, you normally don't spend anymore than a 2-3 weeks at both Byrd & Goree. That's the norm for someone entering TDCJ for the first time or if they've been convicted for another felony and/or they've been out of the prison system for some years. For those that go back to TDCJ to do with parole violations inwhich one has been revoked, sometimes, you never go to an i.d. unit. You may spend much of your time bouncing around from state jail to state jail. I've seen that happen.

If someone has psychiatric issues they may go to the Neal unit, Jester IV or some other places I'm not up on right now. If someone becomes an outside trustee (S2) then, they'll go where trustees are needed and most often wind up at a trustee camp which is usually close by an i.d. unit of some kind. If you're going to school (College/Vocational) then, you will go where the classes or courses you're interested in are offered.

If you're a bad actor you might end up going someplace where Super Segs (Administrative Segregation) is available. There are a number of variables to do with where one goes and sometimes it may be more a matter of what bed or beds are available in a given region. Used to, you could predict up to a point where you'd go if you lived in the one of the larger cities like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, some where in the Panhandle like Amarillo or Lubbock where by you'd more than like go to the region closest to your home town, but that's not always the case these days.

And there's a lot of stuff that I've failed to mention or don't know the specifics on, but this is a decent slant on how, where and why concerning your question.
Ah, that sounds like it could be complicated. Lol my dude is in Estelle and a lot of the offenders around him are Sex offenders and he didnt understand why he went there... I was just curious. He did say he bounced around 5 or so times . And hes pretty sure he will move once more before hes out. Thank you for the info
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bayleem13 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (09-19-2019)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:00 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics