Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Alger Maximum CF, Baraga Maximum CF & Level I, Camp Cusino, Camp Kitwen, Camp Manistique, Marquette Branch Prisons, Ojibway CF, Camp Ottawa

Old 02-01-2018, 01:07 PM
ladyk

Default West SHoreline closing

My son is in the West Shoreline facility and they have been told the prison is closing, they just said they will transfer to any prison that has bed opening My son is a level 1 and my fear is he will end up over the bridge. Does anyone know if the hardship (because his Dad is very ill) still exists? When he first went in 3 years ago we turned one in and he ended up staying pretty close to home..
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2018, 01:25 PM

Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,790 Posts

[quote=ladyK;7698123]My son is in the West Shoreline facility and they have been told the prison is closing, they just said they will transfer to any prison that has bed opening My son is a level 1 and my fear is he will end up over the bridge. Does anyone know if the hardship (because his Dad is very ill) still exists? When he first went in 3 years ago we turned one in and he ended up staying pretty close to

How much longer does he have??? My husband heard that to. And that they would be moving some guys there. To Jackson.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:34 PM
ladyk

[quote=nygirl17;7698128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyK View Post
My son is in the West Shoreline facility and they have been told the prison is closing, they just said they will transfer to any prison that has bed opening My son is a level 1 and my fear is he will end up over the bridge. Does anyone know if the hardship (because his Dad is very ill) still exists? When he first went in 3 years ago we turned one in and he ended up staying pretty close to

How much longer does he have??? My husband heard that to. And that they would be moving some guys there. To Jackson.
He has 3 years how about your husband
Old 02-01-2018, 08:36 PM

[quote=ladyK;7698222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post

He has 3 years how about your husband
8 months. Let's just hope they keep your son close to you. They might just out him accross across the street. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:32 AM
ladyk

Good Luck to you and your husband, Thank You
Old 02-02-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyK View Post
Good Luck to you and your husband, Thank You
Good luck to you and your son as well.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:14 AM

be thankful that West Shoreline is closing ... that place is or at least was, full of gangs and a ton of sex offenders. i got sent there as a punishment because my ARUS got into into with my boss that I worked for. I was a tutor for the building trades class at MACOMB (5 minutes from my house), and they got into a pissing match so my ARUS transferred me as far across the state as he could for my last 4 months...
Old 04-05-2018, 09:22 AM

Any of you knoe anything about the good time law being passed on the 10th. My husband said someone came around to the classroom and told them that Gov Snyder was signing the bill on the 10th
Old 04-05-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Any of you knoe anything about the good time law being passed on the 10th. My husband said someone came around to the classroom and told them that Gov Snyder was signing the bill on the 10th

I hope that is true for your sake, but that has been a topic for a long time, and it never seems to gain any legs. Truth in Sentencing Laws always seem to take precedent, and the prosecutors are always very loud in objecting to re establishing good time. The fact that it has been introduced to the legislature is good news. And if it happens hopefully it is retroactive!

Good time only makes sense. It will give incentive to prisoners to behave, and lead to lower expenses for the state in regards to prisons. I mean 2 BILLION DOLLARS a year for the prison system is ridiculous!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:50 AM

Absolutely. They have been look at it for a few months. Was just weird that multiple guys from different classroom said this lady said it was passed and will be signed for on the 10th. I guess we wait.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:07 PM

Default West Shoreline

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp13 View Post
be thankful that West Shoreline is closing ... that place is or at least was, full of gangs and a ton of sex offenders. i got sent there as a punishment because my ARUS got into into with my boss that I worked for. I was a tutor for the building trades class at MACOMB (5 minutes from my house), and they got into a pissing match so my ARUS transferred me as far across the state as he could for my last 4 months..
My eldest son is at EC Brooks Correctional Facility across the road from West Shoreline. He was temporarily relocated to West Shoreline while the population was transferred out. He didn't know until the last minute (of course) that he was going back to EC Brooks.

EC Brooks has an entire segregated building dedicated to sex offenders. This is how many facilities that take offenders house them: in separate units.

My son hasn't said much about gangs at EC Brooks but I am sure they are there...as they are in all facilities.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabeth View Post
My eldest son is at EC Brooks Correctional Facility across the road from West Shoreline. He was temporarily relocated to West Shoreline while the population was transferred out. He didn't know until the last minute (of course) that he was going back to EC Brooks.

EC Brooks has an entire segregated building dedicated to sex offenders. This is how many facilities that take offenders house them: in separate units.

My son hasn't said much about gangs at EC Brooks but I am sure they are there...as they are in all facilities.
I heard that unit wasn't to bad??