Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the SULLIVAN HUB - Ulster, Eastern, Woodbourne, Sullivan, Shawangunk, Wallkill, Otisville, Mid-Orange.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:14 PM

Default He got transferred from Downstate to Ulster, why? Odd or even visits?

My bf was in downstate for 2 weeks, he hardly got the chance to call me, and I only got to see him once. Today, I went there, waited 2 hours before I could even check-in, and the woman told me he got transferred to Ulster. I went out of the facility crying.. I don't hear much from him anymore and it's making me go crazy. Does anyone know why he got transferred the Ulster? I thought after downstate, he will be transferred to a more permanent facility where he will do his shock program, not another intake facility.. Also, does anyone know if it is an odd or even weekend and when the earliest it is I can go and see him? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 AM

Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,597 Posts

Sorry this is late, but he was probably screened for Shock. By now, you would know more, but feel.free to ask questions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
mamaandbooba (07-13-2019), Ms Sunny (07-05-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 11:53 AM

Smile

You're right, he was screened. Yesterday, I just found out he started his first day in Moriah Shock and his graduation date is Jan 9, 2020
Old 07-13-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaandbooba View Post
My bf was in downstate for 2 weeks, he hardly got the chance to call me, and I only got to see him once. Today, I went there, waited 2 hours before I could even check-in, and the woman told me he got transferred to Ulster. I went out of the facility crying.. I don't hear much from him anymore and it's making me go crazy. Does anyone know why he got transferred the Ulster? I thought after downstate, he will be transferred to a more permanent facility where he will do his shock program, not another intake facility.. Also, does anyone know if it is an odd or even weekend and when the earliest it is I can go and see him? Thanks.

My boyfriend just got to Ulster on Friday. From Rickers. I知 hearing horror stories from him I知 going crazy, he can only call once a day for 10 mins my heart is breaking.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp444 View Post
My boyfriend just got to Ulster on Friday. From Rickers. I知 hearing horror stories from him I知 going crazy, he can only call once a day for 10 mins my heart is breaking.
Ulster is not bad. He just has nothing and the food sucks. He'll be out of there within a month. You can add money to his commissary through jpay

Old 07-13-2019, 04:21 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Ulster is not bad. He just has nothing and the food sucks. He'll be out of there within a month. You can add money to his commissary through jpay
Se have a son who has autism hes 5 and at Rickers we spoke for 21 minutes every 3 hours. Ulster is one 10 min call a day, my son misses him so much. And I don稚 have answers for him. When he get out of Rikers will phone time be better?
Old 07-13-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Se have a son who has autism hes 5 and at Rickers we spoke for 21 minutes every 3 hours. Ulster is one 10 min call a day, my son misses him so much. And I don稚 have answers for him. When he get out of Rikers will phone time be better?
He will get more phone time once he is placed. It varies from facility to facility. Calls are around a half hr. We talk 2x a day and once and a while more. You'll adjust with time.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. Now that my bf is in the shock program in Moriah, he can only call once every 2 weeks for only 10 mins, and I can only visit him once every 2 weeks too. We don't have kids though so I know it has to be really tough having just that one 10 min call every day. Some days will be better than others... You just gotta be strong.