Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > Riker's Island Jail - New York
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riker's Island Jail - New York Topics & Discussions relating to Riker's Island Jail.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
one's Lovely

Default Receiving collect calls from rikers (LANDLINE PHONES)

this applies to landline (house phones) ONLY.......So i spent the wknd ready to pull my hair out because i couldnt understand why with a brand new phone installed friday why there is already a block on my phone? turns out, that my phone # is recycled. yep, someone in the desert three years ago just happened to have a loved one in rikers and racked up a high phone bill & there was a block placed on the phone that the local phone company, mci, sprint, nor gtl can remove until the bill is paid. so i changed my phone #, called PCS @ 1-888-288-9879 & had them check to see if the # had ever been billed and it hasnt. the bad news for me is since i have prism tv being installed tomorrow, they cant change my # right away, i in fact have to wait until thursday. oh well, i have a few more min on my prepaid pcs acct so i will tell him when he calls to call thurs. so there u have it, PCS is the co that handles ALL calls for rikers, prepaid and/or collect to landline. hopefully this can become a sticky for the future :~)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 02:52 PM
one's Lovely

UPDATE: phone # change took place yesterday and......he still cant call. pcs failed to advise me that a new phone # must wait 48 hrs to receive collect calls b/c they were entirely too busy trying to coerce me into forgetting about my collect call issue & opening a prepaid account lol. finally i told the guy STOP offering prepaid services and find a solution to the problem. as usual told to call my phone company. they did a research ticket and told me i would have to wait 48 hrs