Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 PM

Default Question about money order for sending money

I printed the voucher thing to send with the money order...but do we write anything on the money order or just send it blank?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Donation Award 

Although the voucher has name and number i still fill out that info on MO. in addition, fill in all your info should there be an issue with MO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LORNA For This Useful Post:
kim78 (02-04-2011), sparkles1986315 (02-05-2011)
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM

Default Fine Print on JPay

I've just started using JPay...however after reading the fine print, I'm not sure this is the way to go.

"Some Inmates are notified when the money is credited to their accounts while others are not. Depending on the Inmate’s institution, the Inmate may not be aware that your transaction reached his/her account. You can almost always assume that the money has been credited to the Inmate’s account"

You can ALMOST ALWAYS ASSUME?????

Anyone else having problems with money credited to an inmates account using JPay?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Donation Award 

Default No Problems w/ JPay

Hey Fretful,

Call me cheap, but I hate paying the extra fees, so I usually send money orders to Atlanta. In the very few times I've dealt with J-Pay (usually when he transfers), I haven't had any problems. J-Pay's customer service has been pretty good and I get my questions answered/issues resolved immediately. You can always call to verify the money has been sent.

Over the years that we've been dealing with GA DOC, I will say that many times the facilities have not given my husband receipts when we send money. He gets his account balance every time he goes to the store. It has been HIS responsibility to let myself and his family know when he is low on funds. He understands its his fault if he can't go to the store. Hubby's a grown man and we refuse to hold his hand. I will tell you that in all these years, he has not ran out of money.

Last edited by kae; 02-08-2011 at 06:17 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 PM

Hi Kae,

I understand! I myself and cheap ! This was my first time using JPay and I saw the "fine print' after I had established the account. DOC told me it would be cheaper ( just the cost of a money order and a stamp ) to send to directly to DOC. Since my son just got to Jackson on 2/01, I wanted money on there right away.

I agree, it will be his responsibility to keep up with what's on his account. They wouldn't tell a family member when he was at county jail how much he had, they gave him the receipt.

Question ( off topic I know ) I have son's GDC number but he's still not showing in the system. Everyday I call, they said if this was his first time ( which it is ) he may not show in the system in a public search. I don't understand that. Have a nephew ( by marriage ) that this is his first time, and he is at Coastal. Showed up right away, that's how my niece knew where he was. Again, off topic, I know ( sorry ) private message me to prevent future comments being posted in wrong forum if you have any advice.

Message to myself: stay calm, breathe, and pray