Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

View Poll Results: Do you keep letters?
Yes, organized in a SHRINE of my loved ones things 1,435 38.29%
Yes 2,222 59.28%
Keep some letters 70 1.87%
Keep nothing 21 0.56%
Voters: 3748. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2005, 12:14 AM

Well, I have kept EVERYTHING he has given me. All the letters with envelopes are on order. I was thinking about the binder thing but there are some letters that don't have prestamped holes in them and i dont want to ruin anything!! Plus, I keep his cards he sends me on my entertainment center. And one time he had an inmate draw a very beautiful picture on a hanky with both of our names on it and i have that framed on the wall on top of our bed.. Little obcessive huh? That's ok. Just shows how much i love him!

~*Through the darkest nights, you're still the light that carries me through*~
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2005, 02:40 AM
He's home!!! 1/08/08!!!

I keep everything also! I tear my letters from the side where the stamp is so i don't tear his handwriting (LOL) and I keep that little piece of the envelope too! I know I'm pathetic!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:37 PM
2008 Club Member #4

Vin and I keep all of our letters. He mentioned to me the other day that he thinks it would be cool to have them organized (mine are already his are not even close...lol) so when we're long gone, our kids can see how much we loved each other. I think that's a great idea. He's such a sweetheart.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:49 PM

I keep all my letters and cards that Coy has sent. He wrotes a letter every day and has been gone for 2.5 years so that's a LOT of letters. I also get a card every time he goes to commissary. I keep them in those large rubbermaid storage bins with lids. I'm already filled up one and the second is getting pretty close. LOL. He drew on his envelopes before TDCJ decided that was a no-no. Those envelopes decorate one wall of our bedroom. he doesn't keep his letters but he does send home all his cards for me to keep so we have those as well. He's doing a 30 so our daughter says we'll have to add another room onto the house just to hold all the bins before he gets home. Sometimes when i'm missing him alot, i pull out the old letters and re-read them. he says he does that with his cards and his photo albums. When he sends his cards home, he always keeps a couple to come next time.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Closed

Talking of course!

Yes, I do keep the letters my fiance writes me. Sometimes, I read some of his old letters when I am missing him or just need cheering up. It's good to know where you've been and are headed to in life when reading old letters.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:23 AM

I keep all my fiance's letters in a binder in order from the first day we started writing. The envelopes and cards he has drawn me on a wall in our bedroom with his picture in the middle. The cards he has sent me from commissary are in a seperate binder. He has his organized also under his bunk. Unfortuanately he don't have all of his because they lost his property when he went to court in March. When I get lonely or need some cheering up I always go back and read thru his letters, they always cheer me up.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:17 PM

Default keep all my letters

Yes, i keep every letter, i keep looking at them like dang what am i going to do. I probably need to go through them & origanize them but I have sooooo many & all have special & important info....

Old 08-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

Each and every piece of mail I receive from my fiance is part of him. I would be lost if even one letter got misplaced. I have a box here by my desk that has all the letters. My most special card is on the cork board here in my room. The most special is a card he sent me for Valentine's Day. It has a beautiful picture of a couple dancing. It says "For My Wife.....You are the first and last dance." (on the outside and on the inside it says) "....And forever my heart will belong to you." I miss him and love him SO MUCH!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:31 PM

I keep everything he sends me in a pretty box. I have to arrange them and organize them still. I can see there will be a lot of letters by the time he comes home

Old 08-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Lost Without Him

There's no way in the world that I could EVER throw away anything from my baby, It means to much to me. It's his only way of loving me right now and I often go back and read them. I never thought to organize the things that I get, I'll do that today. Great idea! He keeps my cards and letters and rereads them as well. I think that it would be mean to just throw them away (I wouldn't anyway ) when he puts his heart into the letters and poems that he sends to me.

Old 08-07-2005, 03:45 PM
things are great againl..

I have every letter card and other gifts my husband has sent me since his incarceration. I keep them all organized in a big wicker basket. He has all of mine, al well. Upon release, when I pick him up next month, we have decided to have a big burning party(private) and burn them because we do not want the memories of the pain of this past year. I know that sounds crazy, but so are we. lol....

Loving one another for eternity....!!

:love:
Old 08-07-2005, 03:53 PM
things are great againl..

p.s. I am not burning the cards or the gifts he made or had made for me while he's been in. He had a portrait done of me, among other things..

Loving one another for eternity....!!

:love:
Old 08-07-2005, 09:41 PM

My relationship with Damon is still new but I do have all the letters he has written and I keep them in a binder with the recent letter on top. I staple the envelopes on the last page of the letter so they can go together. His letters are the only ones that I keep, I have a cousin that is serving time as well and him and I close as well. We didn't get the chance to grow up together and got reunited 4 1/2 years ago while he was in prison and I have kept all of his letters and when I tell him that I have every letter that he has wrote to me Michael asks me "Why"? I am a pack rat by heart. I even have letters that I have had from past penpals and letters from my last relationship that lasted a year. I need to throw those away, I am in a new relationship now and keeping those will only remind me that I was only used to pass someone's time and how this man broke my heart. My heart is being fixed right now and I don't need to have anything hold me down from finding happiness that I deserve.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Faith..Hope..Love..
Donation Award 

I have every letter he has ever written to me and they are in date order.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Eli's Girl

Default guilty

I keep everything from my guy in a special place. All his letters are in order for me to always look back over. I also always have a running number in my head of how many letters.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:57 PM

I keep all his letters..in a box, organized by dates...i have pictures of me him, and our daughter all over the box..its a really big box..lol..
Old 08-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Loving my federal inmate

I have all my husbands letters in a binder to. Each page is kept in a plastic sheetprotector. The envelope even has it's own plastic cover. I can't help it. It's just easier to read and it keeps them safe. Plus I want him to be able to sit down with me when he gets home and read them with me.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:25 AM
Strength

I keep everything in a Sneaker box. What makes it special is that the box is a "New Balance" one. It's getting kinda full though
As of a year ago I am no longer involved with the fool who led me to finding this forum. I do however appreciate the advice that I found here, this is a great resource for those who need it! ATTN Admins/Mods, please DELETE my Account if possible...Thank You.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:09 AM

I took a big shoe box and covered it with contact paper that has little hearts all over it. I put all of his letters and things he's given me in there. It's starting to get really full though. I think I'm going to have to start another box.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:14 AM

Red face

I use to save them all , until I realized they were insincere and a bold face lie. Now, they are outside in the dumpster where the rest of the trash lies, unfortunately. We are no longer together. A lot of love letters from some of my other ex's, I save and will save forever because I believed they wrote those from their heart and had real meaning and sincerity. But his, nope. The lies made it to a place they always belonged in. That would be a yes, i suppose. :shake:
Old 08-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Account Closed

Well I do keep everything but one time he made me mad and I sent him back all his letters and told him that they were lies so I do have everything again!

KarrieMI
Old 08-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Daddy's girl

I have mine in boxes that my kids have put stickers on with our names on them, I have them all nicely lined up in order.

DADDY'S BABY GIRL

Old 08-18-2005, 06:49 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

I keep ALL his letters, but i dont keep them in a 'shrine' or anything like that. Theyre all bagged or boxed up.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:52 AM

I have all the letters, but they are just in shoe boxes. I like the binder idea, though. I think I'll do that tonight. My boyfriend is in the county and doesn't have access to a pen. He has to use pencils and I'm afraid the letters will fade. Any ideas for how to preserve the writing?

Thanks.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:16 PM

I have my babys letters in a box too, by dates. But i think i'm gonna put them in a binder so they can be more organized and easier to read =) instead of taking them out of the envelopes, that way i can read them when i fell lonely.. thanks for the idea!

Gladis lovesErick