Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:24 PM

Default Changes to Seagoville Visitation Schedule

My friend just called and told me that there is a possibility they will change the visitation schedule at Seagoville FCI.
Before he got there, in November 2018, they had a 5 day visitation schedule. They cut it back to 4 days (due to renovating the main entrance) and my friend says they may cut back, even further, to Saturdays and Sundays only! Does anyone, with a LO there, know anything?

I'm assuming the policy of "wanting inmates to have visitors," is a BOP policy and not a Seagoville policy! 😠 Whatever happens I told my friend that we will "beat these people at their own game!"
Old 02-17-2020, 08:47 PM

I'm trying to figure out the visits there as well... going there for ny is gonna be hard enough and my LO told me only 2 days to visit per weekend, he's trying to see if I can go for 3 but he doubts they will make an exception.... trying to find out everything I can about going there and how visits work

12/23/2023 can NOT come fast enough!!
The Following User Says Thank You to brwneyedgal82 For This Useful Post:
John M (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 08:59 PM

My husband's prison only does Saturday and Sunday and Federal holidays so I would say that having 5 days a week was a privilege that they allowed. I've seen a few that have Saturday, Sunday and Monday but that was it. Just keep an eye and ear out on changes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
John M (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwneyedgal82 View Post
I'm trying to figure out the visits there as well... going there for ny is gonna be hard enough and my LO told me only 2 days to visit per weekend, he's trying to see if I can go for 3 but he doubts they will make an exception.... trying to find out everything I can about going there and how visits work
Right now, they have divided the inmate population into 2 groups. The designation is based on the last digit of their register number (odd or even numbers). One group has Friday/Saturday and the other group has Sunday/Monday. The talk, according to my friend, is the possibility of eliminating the Friday and Monday visits.
I only have a 6 hour drive. I can't imagine how difficult it will be coming from NY?!? All I know is that I will change my current work schedule to visit him. Those hours together are too important to both of us!
brwneyedgal82 (03-03-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:23 PM

I hadn’t heard of that change....yet. However, I would not be surprised since Seagoville has a knack for changing things all.the.time. After we go visit this Sunday, no visits for two weeks because they are changing the chiller in the visitation room. Prayers that their two weeks is exactly that.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsbspouse View Post
I hadn’t heard of that change....yet. However, I would not be surprised since Seagoville has a knack for changing things all.the.time. After we go visit this Sunday, no visits for two weeks because they are changing the chiller in the visitation room. Prayers that their two weeks is exactly that.
I was told no visits February 24-March 6. Is that what you heard? I hope they stick with that schedule as I'm scheduled to see my LO on the 9th.
The other change (Saturday/Sunday only visits) may end up being, what my friend calls, "inmate.com!" A rumor started by the inmates themselves.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:38 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
I was told no visits February 24-March 6. Is that what you heard? I hope they stick with that schedule as I'm scheduled to see my LO on the 9th.
The other change (Saturday/Sunday only visits) may end up being, what my friend calls, "inmate.com!" A rumor started by the inmates themselves.
Those are the dates we were told as well. Sure hope the Saturday/Sunday doesn’t happen because the weekends are THE worse for the wait to get in and having to deal with count. At least on Fridays or Mondays we don’t have to deal with count and get that little bit of extra time with him
Old 02-22-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Those are the dates we were told as well. Sure hope the Saturday/Sunday doesn’t happen because the weekends are THE worse for the wait to get in and having to deal with count. At least on Fridays or Mondays we don’t have to deal with count and get that little bit of extra time with him
I agree! I don't know about you but every time, I visit, the weather is wet and cold! I bought a pair of thermals just for the wait outside!
Old 02-23-2020, 09:08 PM

I wore thermals today! That wind was chilly. I asked one of the officers if they were going to change to Saturday’s and Sunday’s. He said it is being discussed and not definite. He added they were also looking at a Friday/Saturday/Sunday schedule and federal holidays.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bsbspouse For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-24-2020), John M (02-24-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 06:17 AM

I heard recently from a friend at FCI Ashland that they are down to 3 days a week. It used to be 5 plus all holidays. Not a good trend!
Old 02-24-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I wore thermals today! That wind was chilly. I asked one of the officers if they were going to change to Saturday’s and Sunday’s. He said it is being discussed and not definite. He added they were also looking at a Friday/Saturday/Sunday schedule and federal holidays.
I don't know if you've checked Seagoville's webpage? It's official..."visitation has suspended until further notice."
Thank you, so very much, for thinking about asking a CO about the possible changes! Even that is better than relying on what inmates are being told! 👍
Bsbspouse (02-25-2020)
Old 02-24-2020, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Here's something funny. I read this comment Saturday night I think while I was at the hotel after my first day of visiting. Yesterday at the visit my husband said "according to inmate.com".... and then he said, 'It's not a real site, do you know what I mean?" I laughed and told him I did, that I had just heard that phrase the night before on here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
Bsbspouse (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I don't know if you've checked Seagoville's webpage? It's official..."visitation has suspended until further notice."
Thank you, so very much, for thinking about asking a CO about the possible changes! Even that is better than relying on what inmates are being told! 👍
Unbelievable... they actually updated the website in a timely manner. Thanks for letting us know. Fingers crossed that visitation resumes on the scheduled date. They are taking FOREVER to finish the visitor processing area.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bsbspouse For This Useful Post:
John M (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable... they actually updated the website in a timely manner. Thanks for letting us know. Fingers crossed that visitation resumes on the scheduled date. They are taking FOREVER to finish the visitor processing area.
Aren't they using inmates to do the work on the front entrance? A year, I've been visiting there, and little to no progress! Our tax dollars at work! 😵

If anyone else hears about the suspension being lifted, on 3/6 (the projected date) please post something, okay? I've changed reservations 3 times and am planning on seeing my LO on 3/9!
Old 03-03-2020, 08:15 PM

Actually the bop.gov site has been saying that about visits since around June... so who knows what's really going on... they do what they want anyways...

12/23/2023 can NOT come fast enough!!
Old 03-05-2020, 10:44 AM

Angry

Quote:
Aren't they using inmates to do the work on the front entrance? A year, I've been visiting there, and little to no progress! Our tax dollars at work! 😵

If anyone else hears about the suspension being lifted, on 3/6 (the projected date) please post something, okay? I've changed reservations 3 times and am planning on seeing my LO on 3/9!
Heard today they are not finished (no surprise there ) so no visitation this weekend.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Heard today they are not finished (no surprise there ) so no visitation this weekend.
Thank you for the update! Did you hear anything about when they might resume?

Last edited by John M; 03-05-2020 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Misspelling error
Old 03-05-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the update! Did you hear anything about when they might resume?
Not yet...waiting to him from him later tonight.
John M (03-05-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 07:10 PM

They are extending it one more week so looking at resuming visits next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed!
fbopnomore (03-06-2020)
Old 03-05-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
They are extending it one more week so looking at resuming visits next weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed!
You have no idea how much I appreciate your updates! I got a phone call, this morning, from one of my LOs cellmates. Was told he was placed in SHU (no reason, yet, as to why). His first time in SHU...this is driving me crazy!
fbopnomore (03-06-2020)
Old 03-06-2020, 05:33 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,468 Times in 13,489 Posts

Having an agreement with a friend to notify my family in case of trouble is the only way my family learned that I was a patient in a real hospital, for more than a month. HIPAA and emergency contact information were completely ignored by the bop. Their response, we would have notified them if I had died.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Having an agreement with a friend to notify my family in case of trouble is the only way my family learned that I was a patient in a real hospital, for more than a month. HIPAA and emergency contact information were completely ignored by the bop. Their response, we would have notified them if I had died.
That is so inconceivable to me (being a doctor's son)! 😠
Old 03-06-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
You have no idea how much I appreciate your updates! I got a phone call, this morning, from one of my LOs cellmates. Was told he was placed in SHU (no reason, yet, as to why). His first time in SHU...this is driving me crazy!
You are most welcome for updates! We are all in this together! Here is the quote from my LO regarding visitation.....”It's cancelled through March 12th. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond that. The memo had a sentence fragment, and cancellation was misspelled twice... so we'll see.”

Hope all is okay with your LO and that you hear something soon.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
You are most welcome for updates! We are all in this together! Here is the quote from my LO regarding visitation.....”It's cancelled through March 12th. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond that. The memo had a sentence fragment, and cancellation was misspelled twice... so we'll see.”

Hope all is okay with your LO and that you hear something soon.
I feel so very blessed to have found this site! You, and so many others, have truly kept me from going insane with worry! I know I wouldn't have made it without your help!

Everyone...please consider this a huge Thank You for all past (and, I'm sure, future) concerns I ask for help with! ❤
Bsbspouse (03-07-2020), fbopnomore (03-07-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 03:26 PM

Anyone hear anything?
John M (03-14-2020)