Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 02-17-2020, 05:09 PM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

Default 6 years together MWI & I are taking a break!

Don’t know exactly where to put this because we aren’t over YET..

E met a friend at his prison yard.. He told E about this secret fund that can be unlocked with your birth certificate.. He received millions of dollars after filling out this paperwork. It is listed on Snopes as a Hoax and his sister and I tried to tell E but he won’t listen. His buddy told him about the house and vehicles he has bought .. he is going to buy E’s son this $90,000 vehicle and me a trip to see E. I am like “whatever.” He needed someone to order his package.. E nominated me without asking. I got a list on mail. Well a couple actually.. He told E that he would pay for him a package if I ordered.. I was sent money for package but only for the guy’s package.. I only agreed because I thought he was buying E a package too.. he didn’t and I told E that I would not order another one again so don’t ask. He told E that he was going to buy microwaves for the prison. E asked me to look to see how much one was on internet so I told him. Friday, the prison called me and told me they were following up on my donation request. Apparently, I am donating 8 microwaves to the prison. I told her that I don’t know where she got that from but I was not. She said she would throw the paperwork away.. I guess E thought the guy would send me money and I would buy microwaves.. idk.. I do not want to be involved in their scheme. E called me on Saturday. I told him I was mad because the prison called me. He said not to talk to him like that.. I know where he is.. in prison.. he is missing the point.. being in prison has nothing to do with it.. putting my name on a donation form without asking is wrong.. He said they had to put someone’s name on it.. normally they don’t call. Well, they did this time.. He got mad at me and hung up.. then called back and said that wasn’t right for him to hang up.. we need to take a break.. I have been with this man 6 years.. i am really mad and hurt..

Last edited by luv2run; 02-17-2020 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Mispelled
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2020, 05:32 PM

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,880 Posts

Wow this whole situation is bizarre. You have every right to be upset.

I have no words for you
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Kimimi (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 05:49 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,700 Posts
Default I'm on your side

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2run View Post

E met a friend at his prison yard.. He told E about this secret fund that can be unlocked with your birth certificate.. He received millions of dollars after filling out this paperwork. It is listed on Snopes as a Hoax and his sister and I tried to tell E but he won’t listen. His buddy told him about the house and vehicles he has bought .. he is going to buy E’s son this $90,000 vehicle and me a trip to see E. I am like “whatever.” He needed someone to order his package.. E nominated me without asking. I got a list on mail. Well a couple actually.. He told E that he would pay for him a package if I ordered.. I was sent money for package but only for the guy’s package.. I only agreed because I thought he was buying E a package too.. he didn’t and I told E that I would not order another one again so don’t ask. He told E that he was going to buy microwaves for the prison. E asked me to look to see how much one was on internet so I told him. Friday, the prison called me and told me they were following up on my donation request. Apparently, I am donating 8 microwaves to the prison. I told her that I don’t know where she got that from but I was not. She said she would throw the paperwork away.. I guess E thought the guy would send me money and I would buy microwaves.. idk.. I do not want to be involved in their scheme. E called me on Saturday. I told him I was mad because the prison called me. He said not to talk to him like that.. I know where he is.. in prison.. he is missing the point.. being in prison has nothing to do with it.. putting my name on a donation form without asking is wrong.. He said they had to put someone’s name on it.. normally they don’t call. Well, they did this time.. He got mad at me and hung up.. then called back and said that wasn’t right for him to hang up.. we need to take a break.. I have been with this man 6 years.. i am really mad and hurt..
Well….some men simply won’t settle down and do what they need to do to get out as soon as they can. They’re addicted to drama and mischief. Sometimes, too, it’s due to peer pressure and hanging out with the wrong crowd. Trying to be like one of the boys in a manner of speaking.
I had someone several years ago that wanted me to play a part in some type of post office scam to do with money orders and I said “No way Jose” and they came at me the same way that your loved one did you. They don’t like to be told “no” to do with anything, even if it means you catching hell in the process. That’s a type of sociopath trait. You don’t care about the wellbeing or the feelings of someone else as long as you get what you want no matter the risk.
Tell him he needs to take his medication every day. If he says “I don’t take any medication” then tell him “start taking some medication then, and do it 15 minutes ago.”

408MoonGem (02-17-2020), jadah (02-19-2020), maytayah (02-18-2020), MizzyMuffling (02-18-2020), safran (02-17-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 02:44 AM

Quote:

Are you referring to the strawman scheme? Where Americans can use their birth certificates to access secret "strawman" funds.?

Proponents of this scheme claim that the U.S. government or the Treasury Department control bank accounts—often referred to as “U.S. Treasury Direct Accounts”—for all U.S. citizens that can be accessed by submitting paperwork with state and federal authorities. Trainers and websites will often charge large fees for “kits” that teach individuals how to perpetrate this scheme. They will often imply that others have had great success in discharging debt and purchasing merchandise such as cars and homes. Failures to implement the scheme successfully are attributed to individuals not following instructions in a specific order or not filing paperwork at correct times.

The scheme predominantly uses fraudulent financial documents that appear to be legitimate. These documents are frequently referred to as bills of exchange, promissory bonds, indemnity bonds, offset bonds,sight drafts, or comptrollers warrants. In addition, other official documents are used outside of their intended purpose, like IRS forms 1099, 1099-OID, and 8300. The scheme frequently intermingles legal and pseudo legal terminology in order to appear lawful. Notaries may be used in an attempt to make the fraud appear legitimate. Often, victims of the scheme are instructed to address their paperwork to the Secretary of the Treasury. Yeah I definitely wouldn't want to be part of such a scheme if i were you, and as your MWI unfortunatly he was too gullible and his gullibility nearly cost you a prison sentence.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (02-18-2020), Firebrand (02-18-2020), jadah (02-19-2020), maytayah (02-18-2020), priceam (02-19-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 09:36 AM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

That is exactly what it is... I have told him numerous times that it is not legal to do that. His buddy convinced him otherwise. It is a scam and it does not work. He believes his buddy over me and wants to get mad at me over it.. I think he thinks he is going to get a bunch of money.. That is just more important than our 6 years together. He hasn't called in 2 days. I decided that I am done.
408MoonGem (02-18-2020), e-Tex (02-20-2020), fbopnomore (02-18-2020), jadah (02-19-2020), maytayah (02-18-2020), safran (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 02:43 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,814 Times in 4,919 Posts

He sounds incredibly immature and he has tried to involve you in things that could get you into trouble.
Sadly people still fall for these scams ,a former penpal of mine became obsessed with the sovereign citizen thing and he thought if he renounced his US citizenship he would be released. He wouldnt listen and it sounds like your guy is doing the same believing what he wants to believe.
I think you are right to leave him to it and see if he may or may not come to his senses.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
jadah (02-19-2020), luv2run (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 05:57 PM
Until the end

Quote:
That is exactly what it is... I have told him numerous times that it is not legal to do that. His buddy convinced him otherwise. It is a scam and it does not work. He believes his buddy over me and wants to get mad at me over it.. I think he thinks he is going to get a bunch of money.. That is just more important than our 6 years together. He hasn't called in 2 days. I decided that I am done.
Obviously didn't mean that much to you in the first place.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,139 Times in 2,136 Posts

I would be done & finished with when he started to involve in whatever he wants to do. No way in effing hell would I even finish listening to his jibber jabber.
Let him hustle all he wants to but don’t get involved. Run girl...
Old 02-19-2020, 12:48 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,505 Times in 8,280 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, his crime also involved a plan to get rich "quick". I see you've decided to end it; I think there's maybe more than a recent incident that got you to that point. You don't have to share but I hope you've been taking care of yourself and protecting your assets.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Crazychick12 (02-20-2020), Firebrand (02-20-2020), jadah (02-19-2020), luv2run (02-19-2020), maytayah (02-19-2020), MizzyMuffling (02-19-2020), safran (02-19-2020), Visitor611 (02-20-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 10:49 PM

After reading only the first post, my mind rolled down a slightly different tangent. When you're in prison, you have limited ability to connect with the real world. It's possible to subscribe to a newspaper in prison (I have sent both the local paper and the Wall Street Journal to incarcerated friends) but I suspect very few people do, and you still won't get the full scope of exposure to "current events" that you would with access to television and the internet. I wasn't familiar with this specific scam, but it sounds like a first cousin to the "sovereign citizen" scam; essentially the same.

Had it been me, the first words out of my mouth would have been "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." And I would have googled the various specific terms involved. At this point it would have been even simpler - "Either you believe me, after I've done all the relevant research, or you believe someone who has every reason in the world to try to con you."

I can sort of accept that it's possible for even a relatively intelligent person to be momentarily seduced by a strangely attractive offer. I know of a few financial tricks that are entirely legal and that result from tax loopholes (like how to contribute to an IRA even if you make too much money) but none are completely over-the-top.

I'm reminded of a situation I had some years ago. My girlfriend's girlfriend insisted that we couldn't go to the DMV to register my girlfriend's car without a social security card, even though I had called the DMV and verified that we could. A couple of months later, my girlfriend and I had an argument over whether the directions I gave to a pizza delivery driver were adequate. These had in common the theme of "I know more than you do."

If there's a moral to my ramblings, it is that if the scope of your understanding is inherently limited by limited access to information, you need to trust people who DO have access.
The Following User Says Thank You to redtop43 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-26-2020)