Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 12-13-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Inmate Death - How to prove medical abuse/neglect/civil rights violations

Here are the facts:

Requested medical records through foia - but I received less than 25%. The BOP policy indicates that daily logs and vital records are supposed to be recorded but they claim they only located 7 days out of the month. What to do next?? Ideas?

Inmate was denied the right to call his atty to request help during last week he was alive. Is this legal? What to do? How to prove it?

Inmate signed proxy to designate outside friend to make medical decisions by Advance Directive. Outside person not contacted when inmate was transferred to ER and put into ICU unit. Outside person not contacted to speak on behalf of inmate when he was no longer able to speak. Outside person not contacted on his death. Body can not be located. What to do? Who should I contact next? FBI, BOP, Judge?

Inside people witnessed abuse of inmate during final days - they want me to do something - how can I do it without getting them involved? I need their statements as witnesses along with the full medical records

doctor that ordered inmate's treatment plan is working on inactive licensed. License expired several years ago. Is this legal? What to do? How?

Requested FBI to conduct investigation of possible homicide if inmate died and to make FMC conduct autopsy. FBI did not do it. Said higher ups denied investigation. Who is higher up? Now what do I do? Where to go? FBI wants names of witnesses on inside and then will possibly conduct formal investigation - Should I trust the FBI with these names? Or will these insiders be murdered or hurt?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Donation Award 

I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I would suggest contacting an attorney. You would want to find an attorney with experience in handlng cases involving the corrections agencies. I am sure that they can best advice you on what the next steps should be. Good luck.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:39 AM

Thanks for your help. Do you think I should find one in the state the death occured or does that matter since it is a federal institution?
Old 12-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Donation Award 

My first response would be an attorney in the state where the death occured; but I am not an attorney. I would speak with an attorney in your area and let them advise you on who would be the best person or agency to help you handle the matter.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:02 PM

No body??? Where do they say the body is, you don't just lose a body.
I'd start with the newspapers about the missing body, that will start the ball rolling. Once that hits the newspaper there will be an investigation and heads will start to roll. I'd tell the reporter everything and and ask him to do the first story on the missing body. I would think after that you won't need a lawyer unless you are going to sue.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:30 PM

Sorry for your loss. Contact one of two people: The Legal Aid Society in New York City-OR- a guy named Steve Cohen at Kronish, Lieb, Weiner and Hellman law firm in New York. Both of these groups worked against the NY State DOC and police to free two innocent guys who got railroad by faulty evidence. They work for free (pro bono); maybe one of them can investigate what happened here for you. Sounds real shady if you ask me.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeautifulsoul2
Sorry for your loss. Contact one of two people: The Legal Aid Society in New York City-OR- a guy named Steve Cohen at Kronish, Lieb, Weiner and Hellman law firm in New York. Both of these groups worked against the NY State DOC and police to free two innocent guys who got railroad by faulty evidence. They work for free (pro bono); maybe one of them can investigate what happened here for you. Sounds real shady if you ask me.
I am so grateful to you for giving me these leads. This has without a doubt been the most difficult time of my entire life ... I just can't go on until I get to the bottom of this. There are still 20 inmates locked inside this "prison within a prison" right now

Last edited by rosee; 12-14-2005 at 11:40 PM..
Old 12-14-2005, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosee
I am so grateful to you for giving me these leads. This has without a doubt been the most difficult time of my entire life ... I just can't go on until I get to the bottom of this. There are still 20 inmates locked inside this "prison within a prison" right now
You are most welcome, I just pray that someone between those two can help you. I hope that you find the answers that you deserve...this is like something from a Lifetime Movie; do they expect you to believe this crap that they handed you? My brother was murdered and his murderer walks free, even though we all know (including the police) who did it. So I know how you feel losing someone you love and I would hate to hear of another innocent person dying without dignity! I bet once they see that you have lawyered up, they'll start giving you some straight talk.
If I can ever help you any further or if you have trouble getting in contact with someone, feel free to PM me.
Hugs and God Bless
Old 12-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Retired Law Enforcement

Telephones are privileges not a right. So that is why no call.
But you sound like an attorney is sorely needed. And a lot of witnesses coming forth. I am quite confused on as to where would the body go. Usually it is released to someone.

Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 PM

this is all unreal!it makes me furious.id contact NAMIfirst of all theres got to be an org there.then any reporter whos willing to listen and get a story out on this,id contact tv stations too.get this out in the open!dont wait on this either.you dont have to do this alone,once news and media get this they will be on your side,of course its a story for them but who cares. pls look for an org. called N.A.M.I. there they will hook u up.and also id call the ACLU.UNBIELEVABLE!
Old 02-11-2006, 03:54 PM

HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE BEFORE WE GET SOME KIND OF CHANGE!!!!!
THIS IS DEFINITLY A COVER UP.
TRY CONTACTING WWW.WRONGFULDEATHINSTITUTE.COM
tHEY WANT MONEY, BUT THEY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy'smom
HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE HAVE TO DIE BEFORE WE GET SOME KIND OF CHANGE!!!!!
THIS IS DEFINITLY A COVER UP.
TRY CONTACTING WWW.WRONGFULDEATHINSTITUTE.COM
tHEY WANT MONEY, BUT THEY MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.
I just checked it out. What an EXCELLENT resource. I wish I had it 6 yrs ago.

藕断丝连
The lotus root snaps, but its fibers stay joined.
Said of people (especially lovers) that still remain in contact though apparently separated.
Separated but still in each other's thoughts.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Colzie's Love

wrongful Death?? Maybe so. I talked to Kevin on the 3rd of Feb,he's dead on the 7th.? Giving wrong med's, and no information to his Mother as to how much tratment, Whom, she is a nurse, and knows. And, knows about her child. She and I have talked, and we both are at wit's end on this. Kevin tolded her about some guard who was pissed at him for being a Mentor, to the prisoners, and then there is the mail, that bothers me. I don't know any one else in Houtzdale,I don know that there is something going on??? Nothing in the local newspaper there about death in the prsion. But, I tell you what,I am gonna get in touch with My Congressmen on this end.. I do have plenty of connections and I will find out. For all that are having problems in the prison system, will benefit from it.. My Kevin is dead because of neglect or abuse?? I don't think so.. this is not south africa??? I am missing my Belove, and no one will tell me or his Mother what really happen.. But, they will. Keep in touch, Ellen
Old 01-19-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosee View Post
here are the facts:

Requested medical records through foia - but i received less than 25%. The bop policy indicates that daily logs and vital records are supposed to be recorded but they claim they only located 7 days out of the month. What to do next?? Ideas?

Inmate was denied the right to call his atty to request help during last week he was alive. Is this legal? What to do? How to prove it?

Inmate signed proxy to designate outside friend to make medical decisions by advance directive. Outside person not contacted when inmate was transferred to er and put into icu unit. Outside person not contacted to speak on behalf of inmate when he was no longer able to speak. Outside person not contacted on his death. Body can not be located. What to do? Who should i contact next? Fbi, bop, judge?

Inside people witnessed abuse of inmate during final days - they want me to do something - how can i do it without getting them involved? I need their statements as witnesses along with the full medical records

doctor that ordered inmate's treatment plan is working on inactive licensed. License expired several years ago. Is this legal? What to do? How?

Requested fbi to conduct investigation of possible homicide if inmate died and to make fmc conduct autopsy. Fbi did not do it. Said higher ups denied investigation. Who is higher up? Now what do i do? Where to go? Fbi wants names of witnesses on inside and then will possibly conduct formal investigation - should i trust the fbi with these names? Or will these insiders be murdered or hurt?
call aclu, then call attorney jeremy gordon from texas . Do not talk to any more law enforcement or give up names of witnesses. Call an attorney...
The Following User Says Thank You to Desertdweller11 For This Useful Post:
Txgma (04-01-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 11:03 PM

Thanked 3,999 Times in 1,879 Posts

This post is from 2005
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (01-28-2020)