Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:05 PM

Question Has anyone sent jpay money order from the UK to US before?

Hi!

I'm going to be sending some money via jpay money order and have no idea what I'm doing! I have never done a money order before, let alone a jpay one so I'm clueless!

I have filled out the form on the jpay website that you send alongside the money order but I have no clue where to get a money order slip..

I'm in the UK. I know I can get a slip from the post office but I have no idea if UK ones are accepted in the US. Ahhh!

Has anyone sent a money order from the UK to US before?!

TYIA
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2019, 01:44 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,106 Times in 2,125 Posts

Not from the UK but from Germany and it's very easy. What are you scared of?
Old 12-19-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysaskia View Post
Hi!

I'm going to be sending some money via jpay money order and have no idea what I'm doing! I have never done a money order before, let alone a jpay one so I'm clueless!

I have filled out the form on the jpay website that you send alongside the money order but I have no clue where to get a money order slip..

I'm in the UK. I know I can get a slip from the post office but I have no idea if UK ones are accepted in the US. Ahhh!

Has anyone sent a money order from the UK to US before?!

TYIA

I'm from the UK too. I send money via the jpay website, which has been really useful. Never tried the money order before. Are you able to pay online? It would probably be easier for you and much faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to emms8884 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-20-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 05:20 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,765 Times in 4,891 Posts

Hi there ,you cannot buy US money orders in the UK and British money orders are not accepted in the US.
Is your loved one in a state that accepts jpay payments online that is a much easier way of sending funds?

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-19-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 10:01 AM

I've never sent a money order but I've sent money online from my jpay account, I'm in Sweden. It's easy and it has always worked perfectly, the only negative I can say about it is the transaction fee, I think 8 $ or something like that.. But the service is fast and safe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mallsan For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-20-2019), maytayah (12-20-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 02:53 PM

Hi, I am from the UK! I have been sending money via JPay for almost two years! However, not by money order. Register your credit or debit card when it is approved, all you have to do when you need to send money is to click on the link that says send money. Followed by the amount and it will use your registered card. Similar to any other organisation that keeps your card ID for shopping.

Hope this helps. God bless.