Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

View Poll Results: How often does he write?
Almost everyday 40 35.71%
At least once a week 53 47.32%
About twice a month 10 8.93%
About once in two-three months 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2016, 06:35 PM

He responds every time he gets a letter from me via Jpay which he receives the following day and he loves that. He also loves my handwriting and the little colorful things I draw over the paper. I love writing but knowing that he gets the Jpay the next day, makes me write almost every day. He like to know how my day was daily, as he always did when he was home and usually I have news for him every day. He writes me poems and 6 page letters especially when we are on a very serious topic on the telephone and get cut off with the "you have one minute" recording.
The Following User Says Thank You to Janinyc For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-11-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2016, 11:43 PM

Default writing

He writes 3-4 times during the week. I write him just as often. This keeps him up on what the kids are doing and how things are going at home. We also send him pictures so he does not miss the important moments of our children.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:15 AM

Minimum once a week - phone calls, twice a week. His letters range from 2 pages to 8 pages. The shorter ones are just to remind me that he is thinking about me. I love reading his letters and he is soooo sweet on the phone. Truly makes my day to receive either a letter or a call from him.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:41 AM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,805 Posts

I write my husband every single day. He writes me when he feels like it. On the important days like anniversaries and Birthdays for sure but whenever he wants on the other days and we jpay back and forth. When I get one from him I send one back as soon as I can and vise versa. We talk on the ohone no less then twice a day so im ok with him not writing much because I already know everything that's happening. He's busy with school and programming and when he's not doing that he's playing volleyball basketball pool chess or Xbox. So I don't complain one bit about him not writing.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:11 AM

Before he started his college courses he wrote daily, but now it's a couple times a week and they are usually 2-3 pages long. But I told him not to worry I want him to focus on school between that and work he is kept busy.

Last edited by Sean’sWife82; 03-11-2017 at 03:13 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Sean’sWife82 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 06:34 AM

We talk on the phone pretty much everday and sometimes multiple times per day so she doesnt write unless sending a card for a special occasion and i do the same
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whataride For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-11-2017), char_hart80 (04-04-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest-flower View Post
Mine HAS to get my letter FIRST before he writes a reply. So annoying!! He says he does that because he needs to know that I still want him. And even then, the most he can cough up is three pages at the most, when I easily can write at least 10 pages with no problem. And I don't even have as much time on my hands as he has! I mean, what else do they do there all day. It is extremely frustrating to count days in my head to figure out when he must have gotten my letter and writing a response, and seeing nothing in my mailbox for days ;(
I hear that!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:16 PM

Phone:

We talk on the fone literally 10 to fifteen times a day 1st year, second year, and then bills pile up sky hi lol and now we are still sustaining our Phone-dates, about 2 to 3x a day or 1x a day then following few days we do it again like 2x a day or 3.

Mail:

I get minimum like four to five a week encompassed with 1 to 2 cards usually with it, at times and or home-made things he make in there,so it adds up a week but the letter about 3x,4x or five, per week consistent usually. He literally write a letter to me "Each day and dates it and put the # on it i.e, #206 or letter # 860 etc., i have just about all numbered,as he wanna make sure i get em in "order."He literally write just about daily and even when he is almost home he still has NOT let up on writing.

- My fiancee/BFF finally (after 2x shu that change his homecoming date) so finally, he is about to get out this year 2017."But he still is so loyal to the "at least 3 per week minimum to five times five to six pg. letters most of the time and today and wed. another 10pg this past week and eight pg.,Love that.

-The length always are short 2 to 3 pg., front + back page.)Then same day a long one,or following day over 5 to 10 pages(2x a week at least this length)or 7 pg.,
so i am happy with this.

I write/mail him much, and much/tons of pix, each week or every other week and his CO on his tier, like they be saying, he get the MOST mail there for past almost 5 years(I at times end up "smothering him with mi carta) my mail lol and i love doing that just about each week! He truly loves it. So, i don't mind doing it,because i love him.If i was not as "sure"as his love for me,and most important his respect + loyalty i damn sure wouldn't send anything so i am good with doing that.

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 03-11-2017 at 11:23 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janinyc View Post
He responds every time he gets a letter from me via Jpay which he receives the following day and he loves that. He also loves my handwriting and the little colorful things I draw over the paper. I love writing but knowing that he gets the Jpay the next day, makes me write almost every day. He like to know how my day was daily, as he always did when he was home and usually I have news for him every day. He writes me poems and 6 page letters especially when we are on a very serious topic on the telephone and get cut off with the "you have one minute" recording.
awww. sweet chica, and you're lucky! You're having J-PAY the email thing? I do not have that where he is right now, finishing his time, and i wish we did, but then again i am loving more the personal snail-mail thing still,but i like j-pay too as my cousin email me with j-pay where he is(NJ) has the j-pay.I write for a living lol so i can easily and do literally go OVERBOARD! ROFL i can write easy a book of 5000 to 25,000 words within a night, or early morning and implement my books in like 1/2 of day(excluding proof-reading it)that take a full day or 2. But yet, J-pay is neat. I hope all prisons fricken get with the program and procure it already.

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:45 PM

Before we were able to talk on the phone I would get a letter every week about 2-3 pages. Now that he's able to call we talk almost every day unless Im working that night, letters have dropped down but I still talk to him so I don't mind. I try and send a letter/ pictures every week. I also send a random card every once in a while, and I usually send a new book every few weeks.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:31 PM

We right often! I mean like thru mail 1-2 letters a week 5 pages long depending on how fast I respond or vice verse..Because of the new regulations of mail that are about to change for VA I am pretty sure we won't write as much and will switch to email only.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:58 PM

We mail letters every week. We visit every week. No phone calls but don't need those.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:52 PM

PHONES
we talks on the phone 5 days a week. because the other days arent any movement. We talk at least 1 hour long the 5 days a week. if they let him longer in rec, we can talk 1,2 or 3 hours each day the 5 days a week. It depents on who is working adn if it is first shift or second shift

EMAILS:
he cant use the jpay machine for sending daily emails. but he is sending daily responds sheets from jpay, 5 days a week.

Then we have videograms, every 14 days 1 till 3 videogram. Letters written via snail mail once a month.

Last edited by SunflowerOh81; 03-29-2017 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: wrote something wrong
Old 03-30-2017, 10:31 PM
still batshit crazy

Thanked 1,219 Times in 567 Posts

Kinda jealous.

We talk once, maybe twice a month.
I get an o'mail a week. Maybe 2. Usually pretty short, but always really sweet and mushy.
No snail mail.
No visits.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:35 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,835 Times in 1,601 Posts

I was a writing fool when I was inside. Helped me pass the time.. I even logged it all.. Pages sent.. Pages received... I'm not sure what that says about me other than, if I didn't get a letter back, I wouldn't be wasting a stamp after an attempt or two.. But, mail was one of the things I loved most as an inmate.. It was the link to the world outside.. Sure, phone calls were great, but mail.. Mail call was the best part of the day for me.
fiat_nox (04-02-2017), K6770 (04-04-2017), lulu (04-01-2017), maytayah (04-01-2017), Sarianna (04-01-2017), Waitil723 (04-09-2017), WeepingWillow (04-03-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 PM

Phone - Morning, Lunch time, before dinner time, after dinner and before bed time lol!!

Email - Maybe once a week.

Writing - We have just started that, I mostly do it because I know it helps him get through the day, and he's just started writing also. He loves the poems, and the funny things I put in the letter.

Honestly I think he just likes anything I do lol He has told me that it really helps him get through the day, knowing that I am wanting to help him get through it all, and that I love him.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:05 PM

LO hates writing letters. he rather talk on the phone, but he knows I like to write so he will usually go off of what I write to keep our letters going.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:43 PM
J's baby forever

He calls daily and I have received one letter so far. However, he says to expect another on Monday and once he gets his commissary he'll write much more often. He told me he likes to sit down and think about what he'll write to me, which is so sweet. It makes me cherish his letters more.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:23 AM

He used to write me like 5 pages, twice a week. Now because we talk on the phone every single day, we write once a week.