Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:29 AM

Exclamation Please Help Me! I need some info on "Back on Track" program

Hi, I am trying to find out information about "back on track" program. I can't find it anywhere on the internet. My bf is currently at coal township, and they just took a urine(meaning he should be leaving there in 2-3weeks he said). I am trying to figure out what other prisons have the back on track program because coaltownship doesnt, I heard graterford does. I want to know where he is going and more about the program. Please help me thanksssssss
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2007, 04:19 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,208 Posts

Never heard of it, and I'm a member of the Prison Society who did 10 years upstate. Sounds like one of those jailhouse legends.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:28 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

I think it's a little known program out of Pittsburgh [or somewhere close by]; I recall meeting someone who went to this program post release a few years ago. He was there about 6 months or so.

If you go to the PA DOC website they have resource guides for each county in PA [to help those who are leaving prison]. This might be one place to start looking to see if it is a real program or "another prison legend" as Bob mentioned.

Good luck to you and your loved one!

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur