Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 PM
mousie mousie is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Need Help In Getting Married In Prison

Well Me And My Babes Bein Wanted To Get Married Sinces 2004 But His Ex-wife Didn't Want To Give Him The Divorce And They Have Been Seperated Since 1998. He Filed For Divorce Since 2002 And Then Again In 2004 When I Came Into His Life. But She Still Doesn't Want To Sign The Divorce Papers And That's Delaying Our Date For Us To Get Married Can Some One Give Me Some Advice Thank You.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
neworleans85's Avatar
neworleans85 neworleans85 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 9 Posts

i'm not sure how that is handled. i would think there must be some way for him to make the divorce official whether she likes it or not. (like, what do women do if they're being abused or something & their husband doesn't let them get a divorce... i'm sure there's a way to get one even if the other spouse doesn't consent) maybe you should try talking to a divorce lawyer in your area. i'm sure they could tell you for free what your man would need to do, what steps to take.

after that your man will just need to fill out the proper papers at his facility so yall can get married. that is another long process in itself from what i've heard, but worth it i'm sure!! good luck!
True Love is timeless. It's the memory of yesterday, the happiness of today, & the promise of tomorrow!
though you cannot go back & make a new beginning my friend, you can start right now and make a brand new end!

Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:33 PM
AnitaFoxx AnitaFoxx is offline
You are your own product.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anytown
Posts: 652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

The is a paper in your town that allows you to run an ad for 30 days searching her wearabouts. If she doesn't see this ad and respond within the 30days then its granted. You must swear to an afidavit that you haven't seen her/him in 7yrs. It usally cost a small fee. Something like thirty dollar/$30.00. It must be run in the town where she resides. Check it out, its legal and I have done before.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Nautasha Nautasha is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tx,usa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default he can divorce

he should be able to file a divorce by default he needs to ask or read legal aide in the library there in the prison
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARTICLE: No reliable data on private prison savings arriana Arizona Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events 1 03-30-2005 08:26 PM
Wellington Prison New Zealand Kyla Australia & New Zealand Prison & Jail Discussions 0 09-22-2004 02:42 AM
Facing Long Term Imprisonment Luke Letters & Stories from Inmates & X-Cons 21 09-05-2004 02:10 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics