Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Default Need Help In Getting Married In Prison

Well Me And My Babes Bein Wanted To Get Married Sinces 2004 But His Ex-wife Didn't Want To Give Him The Divorce And They Have Been Seperated Since 1998. He Filed For Divorce Since 2002 And Then Again In 2004 When I Came Into His Life. But She Still Doesn't Want To Sign The Divorce Papers And That's Delaying Our Date For Us To Get Married Can Some One Give Me Some Advice Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2006, 04:04 PM

i'm not sure how that is handled. i would think there must be some way for him to make the divorce official whether she likes it or not. (like, what do women do if they're being abused or something & their husband doesn't let them get a divorce... i'm sure there's a way to get one even if the other spouse doesn't consent) maybe you should try talking to a divorce lawyer in your area. i'm sure they could tell you for free what your man would need to do, what steps to take.

after that your man will just need to fill out the proper papers at his facility so yall can get married. that is another long process in itself from what i've heard, but worth it i'm sure!! good luck!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:33 PM
You are your own product.

The is a paper in your town that allows you to run an ad for 30 days searching her wearabouts. If she doesn't see this ad and respond within the 30days then its granted. You must swear to an afidavit that you haven't seen her/him in 7yrs. It usally cost a small fee. Something like thirty dollar/$30.00. It must be run in the town where she resides. Check it out, its legal and I have done before.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:37 PM

Default he can divorce

he should be able to file a divorce by default he needs to ask or read legal aide in the library there in the prison