Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Dieting & Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Default need some support on losing weight

hey!! so i just recently joined the gym a few weeks ago. i need to lose some weight before my man comes home (which isn't for another year or so but still). I'm 40 lbs heavier then i was before i had my son 3years ago.. it's just sad to me!! So i really am motivated and need to do something. i'm so glad i found this forum (think thats what it called) i saw the weigh in stats but it doesn't really look like they are from that recent.. would anyone like to lose weight together??

also any tips on what to do at the gym.. i'm trying to go at least 3x a week.. i would like to go 5x but i get outta work, get my son at daycare and sometimes am tired to go or i feel bad my son in daycare all day then leaving him in the gym daycare.. anyways whos with me???!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:10 AM

kole1984...I'm in! I'm much heavier than I was when I had my son 6 years ago and it is totally getting out of control. I think this would work great! Let's do it together! I don't have a lot of time to go to the gym either. I work fulltime, go to school part time and have a 6 year old, but I'll put in the time I can. Plus I just quit smoking so that is motivation too....
Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzkmm View Post
kole1984...I'm in! I'm much heavier than I was when I had my son 6 years ago and it is totally getting out of control. I think this would work great! Let's do it together! I don't have a lot of time to go to the gym either. I work fulltime, go to school part time and have a 6 year old, but I'll put in the time I can. Plus I just quit smoking so that is motivation too....

do u go to the gym?? i'm just so lazy and can't do anything at home (exercise wise but i LOVE going to the gym).. what i hate about the gym though is all the people are sooooooooooooooooooo small.. so it kinda makes me mad but then it kinda motivates me lol. i've been doing ok with my diet.. i do a slim fast drink in the morning.. then have lunch (sometimes i will go out for lunch b/c i don't have time in the morning to make lunch and forget night before).. then i've been doing the gym maybe 3x a week. this week i've gone both yest and today and will prob go wed and thursday too.. not sure about friday.. the guilt of putting my son all day in daycare then going to the gym and bringing him again.. sometimes he'll tell me he doesn't wanna go. i told him we need to b/c he is gonna have a hott mama lol. my friend does come with me so that helps me.

congrats to quitting smoking!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:05 AM

I used to go to the gym and I have fallen away from it for a long time now, but I pay my $50/month faithfully, when it is withdrawn from my account. I used to love to go to the gym too, but my problem has became a time constraint issue, especially in about 6 weeks...my life gets very hectic! I'm pretty lazy myself these days and I think that is because of all of this excess weight. Ugh. I hate the skilly little people at the gym too. LOL I haven't been able to get the diet part down since I quit smoking either. I need to just get my behind in gear! I know what I need to do...it is just doing it. If that makes sense! You are doing very well. Congrats!! You have a good support with your friend going with you too, so that helps. The gym I belong to is by work, but trust me...i don't want to be working out with the folks I spend all day around! It is understandable about the daycare thing with your son...do they offer him little workout classes and stuff while he is there? My old gym would do that with the kids in their daycare. I think I need to get the eating part a little undercontrol now that I have the smoking part undercontrol and then look at getting the physical working out part undercontrol. I think I usually try to do it all at once and then I fly off the treadmill right into the hot fudge tub with my cigarettes and ashtray! LOL

Thanks...I hate not smoking, but...

Old 07-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Johnz Wife 4 Lyfe

Default I'm interested

I'm interested in loosing weeiiight too... even tho i am pregnant the doctor said it would be healthy for me to loose weight, (im about 55 pounds overweight) but yeahhh .. I am sooo interested.. =)
Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 PM

no they don't offer any classes.. well they have one but it's at 4:30 and thats the time i get outta work. he does play with my friends son there. theres actually 2 gyms.. 1 right by my work (but i have to drive 10 minutes away and get my son) or theres one 5 minutes from his daycare.. so we go to both.. he always talks about going to the "different gym" (by his daycare). today i did bad and didn't go oops!! and i'm sure my coffee coolata and 2 slices of pizza for lunch didn't help.. and i'll prob be going to dinenr tonight too since i'll be heading out soon.. i'm hurting so much from yesterdays workout. i did this new ab thing I loved it though
Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnzWifey View Post
I'm interested in loosing weeiiight too... even tho i am pregnant the doctor said it would be healthy for me to loose weight, (im about 55 pounds overweight) but yeahhh .. I am sooo interested.. =)

being pregnant was my best diet. LOL. i gained maybe like 20 lbs throughout it.. but i didn't drink soda.. barely ate junk food.. towards the end though i did drink soda a little bit and i LOVED ice cream at the end. but i drank soooooooooo much water.. i don't mind water but when i was pregnant i NEEDED it
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM

Alright ladies...I'm going to start writing down everything I eat for the next 4 days to see what and where I'm messing up and then try and really be good about my choices starting next week and get all of my water in. Those are my goals. I have to give myself a start date or else I never start... LOL

I do have to admit I gave up my cushy parking spot at work to park two city blocks away as of July 1st, more for financial reasons than exercise, but it is more than what I've been doing before!

Kole1984...it is okay if you have an off day...you just can't turn it into an off week and then an off month and then an off year. You have a bad day, you acknowledge it, you move on, don't beat yourself up or anything and get back on the horse, so to speak, tomorrow! You can do it girl!

Johnzwifey...I actually ate the healthiest during my pregnancy and don't get sucked in to the idea of "I'm eating for two" because you aren't and it doesn't help you or the baby. Doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy certain things because you are having a baby, but you can't overdo!

Isn't it all about moderation ladies? Of course I have no moderation abilities myself, but that is what "they" say!

Have a good one y'all!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 AM
Is it 2011?

I do my exercise in the comfort of my own home. No daycare costs and the climate is controlled to my liking.

My equipment: my 3, 5, and 8 lb weights, my tv, my DVD player, and my sneakers.

My routine: I pop in a movie that I want to watch and use the DVD player as my timer. Between one hour and an hour and fifteen minutes is the time I do my exercise. I do a 5 minute warm-up of marching in place, then jog in place for 10-15 mins, then onto either upper body or lower body work (I alternate between the two. Never work the same group on back to back days!) and abs I do everyday. Then it's back to me alternating between marching for 5 mins and jogging for 5 mins. Finally I do a 5 minute cool down of walking around my living room, stretch, and then take a shower.

The Following User Says Thank You to Angelbaby8599 For This Useful Post:
hoolio's mom (08-31-2008)
Old 07-10-2008, 07:21 PM

i really want the wii fitness!!!!!! we have a wii i should just buy it.. see i don't wanna do videos b/c i live with my parents and don't have the privacy to do it.. i don't mind going to the gym.

jlz- how about we start with the eating thing on sunday??? it'll be a brand new week.. i'm going to the grocery store on this weekend and buying healthy stuff!! no more being too lazy to make lunch anymore!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:24 PM

I have a treadmill in my bedroom, live with just me and my son, and even have DirectTv in there with a TIVO and I just am not motivated to clean off my clothes that are drying in there to use it while I'm watching one of my shows or anything...

how about Monday kole? I do better starting things on a work day...I don't allow myself to have time to think about "cheating" when I'm at work. When I'm at home on a slow day like Sunday I sabotage myself everytime! I agree...I'm going to take my lunch to work everyday next week and actually eat it! I'm going to increase my water intake to the recommended 64 ozs/day and decrease the sizes of my portions...

We can do this ladies!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:49 PM

monday sounds good!! hopefully i'll make it to the grocery store this weekend to buy some healthy stuff lol. i need more veggies (which i do like) i have a busy weekend.. tomorrow we are going to the lake so i'm packing a lunch then sunday im going to my bf's mothers so she can see us. so who knows what dinner/ lunch will be lol
Old 07-11-2008, 08:14 PM

I too have to get to the grocery store this weekend...I think I need 3 day weekends to get it all done! LOL Enjoy your weekend! And watch out Monday...here we come!

Old 07-13-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I too have to get to the grocery store this weekend...I think I need 3 day weekends to get it all done! LOL Enjoy your weekend! And watch out Monday...here we come!

yup here come some sexy hott mamas lol.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:48 AM

You know it girl! Less than 24 hours and our journey begins...are you ready?

Old 07-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
You know it girl! Less than 24 hours and our journey begins...are you ready?

YESSSSSSSSSS but i am cheating tomorrow and gong to chili's for dinner but i won't over do it. i can't wait to start!!
Old 07-13-2008, 09:09 PM

Going out to dinner isn't cheating... Just make sensible choices when ordering.
Which I can't seem to do when I go out to eat. LOL Lets make us proud tomorrow!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Going out to dinner isn't cheating... Just make sensible choices when ordering.
Which I can't seem to do when I go out to eat. LOL Lets make us proud tomorrow!

well i'm going b/c it's $3 margaritas.. LOL so i'll prob get an appetizer or somthing not sure yet..

but so far today
breakfast- didn't have anything (bad i know)
lunch- grilled cheese
didn't have anything to drink besides water (so far lol.. i'll prob get 1 margarita though)

but im going to stop at the grocery store on the way home to buy a few things for the week.. and i did bring a banana for breakfast but i never ate it when i got to work
Old 07-14-2008, 07:26 PM
things are great againl..

hi..yall should try eating in the "zone"..Its not really a diet but a lifestyle change. It tells you how to balance you proteins, carbs and dietary fats..It called zone perfect and there are books on it by Barry Sears. I tried it a couple years ago and dropped over 100 lbs in 6 months and I have kept it off...you use every day foods so there is no extra cost involved, just the cost of the book. which most libraries carry...I have the book if you have any ?s Good Luck

Loving one another for eternity....!!

:love:

Last edited by reddawgsluv; 07-14-2008 at 07:28 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Donation Award 

GOOD FOR YOU GIRLS!!! And I am especially glad that Kole1984 didn't wait until the last minute.. Three times a week for the gym is great~~! don't burn yourself out from the start. Once you get moving at the gym you will see how you feel and the weight come off and then you can up your time there!! Don't give up. It gets tough but you can do it! Anything worthwhile takes time!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Re-Cap of My Monday! :)

Alright...I did well yesterday or so I think I did for me anyways!

Breakfast-Jimmy Dean's DeLight Breakfast Sandwich
Snack-Apples & Peanut Butter
Lunch-1 bite of my Lean Cusine sandwich (I woke up with such a headache yesterday morning and felt sick to my stomach that by lunch I couldn't eat what I brought.)
Snack-Sweet Iced Tea & a vanilla yogert cone (Hoping it would help with my headache.)
Dinner-Pork Chop (1.5~I was starving by dinner...sorry!), 1 serving cheddar & garlic mashed potatoes and corn
& I drank water during the day. Not as much as I need to or wanted to, but for the majority of the day I didn't want to eat/drink anything...I just wanted to lay down and die.

How did you do last night? Did you make it to the grocery store?

I brought apples w/peanut butter and grapes with me today. A different Lean Cuisine meal and I ate my Jimmy Dean's DeLight Sandwich for breakfast and am almost done with my first 20 ozs of water.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:51 PM

What happened to all our post in this thread???

HE MADE PAROLE!!!!!

I LOVE MY BABY!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellu25 View Post
What happened to all our post in this thread???
Like the rest of the site, everything went back to 7/15, so all of that in between was lost! It sucks! I guess we restart from today! This too shall pass, I'm just bummed! C'est la vie!!

Here is a little something to get us back on track...

Multi-task Your Workout Part 3
by NikkiFitness
Are you ready for a two hour workout in one hour’s time?
Over the last few months we introduced something we do in everyday life
and applied it to our fitness routine: multi-tasking.
We combined muscles in the upper body and the lower body at the same
time, while the core kicked in to help us balance while doing the moves.
With cardio intervals and the six moves from other columns, month, we had
enough for a half an hour workout for the quads, inner and outer thighs,
biceps, triceps, abdominals and shoulders. Let’s complete the hour with
more challenging multi-tasking, with moves for the calves, quads, biceps,
shoulders, chest, back, abs and and glutes.
1) Short and tall (15 reps pictured in attached photo "top of 3 part squat"):
Our first move combines 6 muscle areas and
is one of my favorites and can be done with heavy weights. Stand with
feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent, hips forward and aligned
under the shoulders (ready position). Hold the weights at your sides with
palms facing the center of the body. Squat as if you are sitting back
into a chair. As you begin to stand back up, lift the weights in a bicep
hammer curl up to shoulder height. From here lift up onto the toes
(calves engage) as you push the weights overhead, with palms still facing
inside, towards each other. Return to ready position to complete one
repetition.
2) Balance Beam (10 right side, then 10 left, pictured in attached
photo "glute,hamstring,upperback"):
The next move will work the upper back, hamstrings and glutes.
Bend over at the waist, keeping
the back flat. Do a dead row with medium weights by bringing the elbows
to the sky, knees just slightly bent. Lower the weights back down towards
the knees. If you are comfortable with this, we will add a multi-tasker…
as you lift the weights, also lift your right leg straight behind you to
be level with your back. Lower, and repeat. This move takes a lot of
balance, so your core tightens as you lift.
3) Push up, tone up (10 reps per side alternating, 20 total pushups
pictured in attached photo "bc top of glute pushup"):
Enough balancing… lets take it to the floor! Do a full pushup and at the
top, lift the right leg straight back and up about 6 inches, bring the
toes back to the floor. Do a second pushup and at the top lift the left
leg 6 inches. Repeat on other leg. If you cannot do full pushups, perform
the move on hands and knees, making sure the knees are far behind you so
that a straight line forms between your knees, hips and shoulders. Do one
pushup and then lift your right foot to the ceiling, leg bent at 90
degrees.
Do one minute of jumping jacks or simulated jump rope between each
numbered move. Repeat 1-3 for a total of 3 sets. For the second half
hour, do the 6 moves from my last columns. Don’t forget to stretch hip
flexors, quads, calves, hamstrings, chest, back, triceps, biceps and
shoulders.
Now go out and show off your toned body with the extra hour you saved by multi-tasking!
To see these moves in real time, visit YouTube, NikkiFitness and click on
the Beach Bride Workout or go to www.nikkifitness.com for a demo and
information on how to get my multi-tasking half hour workouts on DVD.
Cheers!
NikkiFitness

Military Wife Workout DVD, NikkiBeachBride Destination Wedding Workout
Crunch Manhattan Group Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer
Home Page: www.nikkifitness.com *
YouTube: *
Order the DVDs on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/NikkiFitness-M...4513669&sr=8-1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112090714 *

Cheers!

NikkiFitness
Home Page: www.nikkifitness.com
YouTube:
Order the DVDs on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/NikkiFitness-M...4513669&sr=8-1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112090714

Cheers!

NikkiFitness
Home Page: www.nikkifitness.com
YouTube:
Order the DVDs on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/NikkiFitness-M...4513669&sr=8-1
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112090714

Old 08-10-2008, 07:18 PM

hey girls!! yayy to the start of a new week.. this week will be a little busy for me.. tomorrow and tuesday i have a training class from 1-6.. and i start work at 8.. i know i'll be staying a little later then 6.. im gonna try to go back to the gym. even my son keeps asking me every day if we are going to the gym lol. wednesday is my sons bday and i'm leaving work early then we are going to a place thats like chuck e cheese.. and saturday is his party.. so another busy week for me!! never ends! lol
Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 AM

Hi y'all...

We didn't lose our momentum, did we?

Let me recap yesterday. I did really well, but it was really hard!
Breakfast-Jimmy Dean's DeLight Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
Snack-Banana
Lunch-Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada Meal
Snack-Salted Peanuts
Dinner-Broasted Chicken, Twice Baked Potato, Peas & Carrots
Snack-Sweet Tea

I got in at least 48 ozs of water too! But I must admit all I wanted before I went to bed last night was a big bowl of Cocoa Krispies with ice cold milk....

I hope everyone is doing well!