Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:05 AM

I am also wondering what's going on last email was 3 yesterday any one heard anything
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 AM

So does anyone know if you can wear open toes shoes anymore.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Received a one line email about 7ish this morning but it was one sentence with no closing...ie no loves ya or nothing which is kind of odd. So can't say if something went down early this morning or not but since u didn't get your morning call maybe a lockdown???? I will let you know if I get an afternoon email.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

I wore them this past weekend and they didn't say anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin2903 View Post
So does anyone know if you can wear open toes shoes anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesmnm For This Useful Post:
Kristin2903 (07-27-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 12:23 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Hey girl. Anything yet???? I haven't received anything since yesterday afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs gee View Post
I am also wondering what's going on last email was 3 yesterday any one heard anything

Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM

I just got an email and call Blues. So yeah now I am worried for you! Praying you hear something soon.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:22 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Well I'm sad to say that I got word today passed to from another inmates wife that my husbands unit has been on lockdown since Tuesday and he is ok but was in an altercation. She's not sure if now its just my husband now or the whole unit still can I do anything besides pray??? Omgosh it hurts SOOO much

Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 AM

Poor thing! Yeah my boyfriend calls me twice a day and I have heard from him every day this week, I do know there has been some fights up there this week. They were on fog count one morning this week. I hope your man is ok! I am going up this weekend!

Last edited by Kristin2903; 07-27-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Old 08-05-2012, 07:08 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

How was your visit? Wonderful I'm sure

I'm sad to say that my husband is still in the SHU He was supposed to find out this past Friday for how long and I guess what priveleges they decide to take away, but you know the way they do mail, if he wrote me about it on Friday, He couldn't mail it out until tonight to go out tomorrow, so it'll be Wednesday or Thursday before I find out what they had to say. I'll be up there not this coming Friday but next and I guess if he's still there our visit will be behind glass Man, THEY SUCK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin2903 View Post
Poor thing! Yeah my boyfriend calls me twice a day and I have heard from him every day this week, I do know there has been some fights up there this week. They were on fog count one morning this week. I hope your man is ok! I am going up this weekend!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 AM

hi bluesmnm i see you are from austin and you have gone visit your husband, i am from the valley and would like to now how are the visits and more less how much you spend i would love to go visit my husband and do you now which month is best to go when is not cold.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:02 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Hello, Well, I would spend roughly $600 each trip, that covers a compact car rental, gas, food and a room to stay in, plus LOTS of quarters for the visit. I never flew because I also have my daughter and two plane tickets is just too expensive, plus you have to rent a car anyways since the nearest airport is in Huntington, West Virginia, about an hour away from the prison. The visits are becoming more difficult by the stricter rules, thanks to those that continue trying to smuggle things into the prison. It's us that suffer, anyways. I didn't start going until March so I'm not sure when it's too cold. I don't think coming from Texas will be a problem, even with the snow on the mountains because it's a coal mining area and from what I'm told by the locals, they keep the main roads maintained because of all the coal trucks.

If you are planning a trip, let me know and I can give you the number of a great place to stay at, about 2 miles from the prison and they charge $25 for the entire weekend, per room (not per person) and there is food there to eat during your stay so you will not need to spend any money going out to eat while you are at that place, plus I can give you more details on whatever you need to know.

Maribel

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyelaine View Post
hi bluesmnm i see you are from austin and you have gone visit your husband, i am from the valley and would like to now how are the visits and more less how much you spend i would love to go visit my husband and do you now which month is best to go when is not cold.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default Transferring

Now my husband is back in the SHU, but not cuz he got into any trouble, but was told he was transferring, first they told him his points dropped and he was going to a medium, now they tell him he's going to another USP OMG are they serious, the SHU over a transfer, they totally SUCK. They said it can take up to 6 weeks to get shipped and won't say WHERE, he's been locked down 3 weeks already

Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Default New to Big Sandy

So, my boyfriend just got sentenced in August with the Feds and was sent to Big Sandy. He's been there a little over a week now, but I am wondering if theres anything I should know? I do plan on going to visit. I am in Wisconsin, and he's about 10.5 hours away.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Bring LOTS of quarters cuz the vending machines get expensive to be eating out of throughout the visit. Take a sweater cuz it's FREEZING in the visiting room. NO hoodies, not even zip up hoodies, they make you leave it in the locker outside, so take a regular sweater or wear long sleeves. I've worn sandals almost to ALL my visits, but this last one, they made me change to close toed shoes (which I've always taken with me just in case Feel free to PM me if you have anything specific you want to know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnart02 View Post
So, my boyfriend just got sentenced in August with the Feds and was sent to Big Sandy. He's been there a little over a week now, but I am wondering if theres anything I should know? I do plan on going to visit. I am in Wisconsin, and he's about 10.5 hours away.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:37 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default Phones/Emails

Does anyone know if the phones are down?

Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM

Must be something up...no communication here either.
The Following User Says Thank You to shae61 For This Useful Post:
bluesmnm (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 03:51 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default A unit

I just talked to someone that said that A unit is locked down

Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Default Gone...

Well, it's official, my husband is gone from Big Sandy. According to BOP, he's in Atlanta until they decide where he's off to next. I guess I will be on hold until I hear from him as to when he's made aware of his next destination and I can start poking around in that thread to find out the 411 on the new place, wherever it is he ends up No telling with BOP

Thank you Shae61 and 1bird2 for helping me along the way when my husband was barely leaving county, heading to Big Sandy, with a few pit stops in between. At that time I was completely clueless about the federal system and how anything worked with it. I really enjoyed having our little Big Sandy family, keeping each other informed about when phones/emails were down, or lock downs. I've learned a lot on this thread and will always be grateful to those that held my hand through it and of course, there is D that helped my husband figure out the email thing, so special thanks to him too

Lots of Hugs and Prayers to all the family/friends out there that have to see their loved ones at Big Sandy and any other prison.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM

So sorry Blues! Stay in touch with us and hopefully a new Big Sandy family will start building to keep us all in the loop! My guess is that your man will be in Atlanta a hot minute but keep sending the letters they will eventually catch up to him!! Thanks for the final heads up on the lockdown...answers my questions about no words today!
The Following User Says Thank You to shae61 For This Useful Post:
bluesmnm (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

He called last night, from Atlanta, but he's in the SHU over there too so no telling when he'll call again. They still have not said WHERE he's going, they are just WRONG for doing family like this, keeping us SOOO in the dark.

Anyways, yes of course I will keep yall posted and check in with yall from time to time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae61 View Post
So sorry Blues! Stay in touch with us and hopefully a new Big Sandy family will start building to keep us all in the loop! My guess is that your man will be in Atlanta a hot minute but ke
ep sending the letters they will eventually catch up to him!! Thanks for the final heads up on the lockdown...answers my questions about no words today!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:15 PM

Hello ladies I am new to this site I currently have a loved one in Big Sandy he's been there since Augest 2012 its been very difficult process I hope y'all can understand I got 3 more years till he comes home .
Old 10-23-2012, 04:03 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Hello Bella, welcome aboard. This is a great thread, these ladies got me going when I was new to the whole world of being a prison wife. I can try to answer any questions you have. I know 3 years is a long time, but I would do anything if that is all my husband had left , hang in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella1130 View Post
Hello ladies I am new to this site I currently have a loved one in Big Sandy he's been there since Augest 2012 its been very difficult process I hope y'all can understand I got 3 more years till he comes home .

Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 PM

Thank you for the reply Bluesmnm I appreciate it this is so new for me I have so many different emotions especially since he's so far from Nevada makes it harder to know that I probably won't see him till he comes home in 2015 I receive calls and emails . Sometimes I do go days with emails and calls and have no clue what's going on I hope u girls can help
Old 10-25-2012, 11:15 AM

Does anybody know if Big Sandy is on lock down?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 PM

I received a phone call about 7ish CST this morning. But, come to think of it; I haven't received a noon email so ???? What unit is your man in?