Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:02 PM

Default visitation ..anyone have any info please

I mailed out my application for visitation with my fiance approx 6 weeks ago..I am still not yet approved. My fiance has already asked that I be added to the visitation list but they said only family everyone else has to go thru the normal approval procedure. My question is...does anyone have any experience as to how long this will take?? I am probably the only person that will ever visit him and even though I am not family or his wife(yet) this seems crazy that I cannot be put on his list any sooner. If anyone has any experince with this please pm me..

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

First of all, did you mail it to his counselor? If you did, then he might want to check in with the counselor and make sure he received it. Other than that, you just have to wait for the counselor to process it. The counselor will tell your fiance and he'll have to tell you that you're approved. Should happen soon, I would think. Be patient. Z.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:15 AM

yes I did mail it to his counselor about the 2nd week of nov. I guess I will try to speak with his counselor...didnt know if I should do that or not...Im trying to be patient ..sometimes easier said than done..

thanks
Old 12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Finally Free!

2nd week of November? You might want to make sure it even arrived or that it didn't get misrouted on the compound. Definitely put in a call to the counselor & see what they tell you. Even with the holiday time lag, I think you should have been approved by now. Good luck!