Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:27 AM

Default Visitation FCI FORT DIX, NJ.. Any info?? Pls help!

Hi all, my daughter's father has just been sentenced and will soon be sent to FCI Fort Dix in NJ to carry out the next year of his sentence. We are from NYC. With no car, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how to get there. Is there any vans that will take us there? How is the visitation?? It was just determined within the last 2 days that he will be sent there. How long will it take before they actually send him? I feel so guilty because I was supposed to take our daughter to see him this past Monday and was really lazy, so I said I will take her this Monday the 18th. Do you think they will send him away by then? It's Thursday now, hopefully they don't do transfers on weekends. Thank you in advance!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:27 PM

Hi jpswife. I'm from Brooklyn, NY so I can tell you it's a looooong drive there even if you do drive. There are van service there (I'll look it up for you since I grab a few cards but never used them. I'll PM you when I find them.) Visiting is from 8AM to 3PM. However, around 10AM to 11AM which is count time inmate processing is stopped. At 11AM inmate processing will resume. If you take the van to get there then you'll need to ask for a locker to lock up your personal items before you are process into the visiting room. Van service is $40 round trip. Remember the van doesn't only pick you up so you are going to have to get up very early in the dawn.

oh, they do not do transfers on the weekends.