Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 04:31 PM

Default visits

I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY WAY I CAN GET A CONTACT VISIT WITH OUT BEING MARRIED...I AM LISTED AS A FRIEND ON HIS LIST HOW CAN WE CHANGE THAT..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,639 Times in 348 Posts

I am going to move this to the Texas Forum where it will get more attention.

Welcome to PTO!

The Prison System is Broken
Old 07-19-2003, 07:57 PM

The only way you can get a contact visit is call and ask for a special visit!!! Your love one can also put in a request to the warden to put you on for contact visits.It will depend on the situatoin if it will be granted or not. I have seen some that has and some that has not. Just depends. Also if he is a S1 or S2 he can get contact visits with any one. If you have any questions feel free to pm. I will be glad to help!!!

Secret of Life

Take time to Think. It is the sorce of power. Take time to play. It is the secret of perpetual youth. Take time to be Friendly. It is the road to Happiness. Take time to Work. It is the price of Success. Take time to Pray. It is the greatest power on Earth. Take time to Love and to be Loved. It is the way of God.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:28 PM
In struggle & In strength

this is what the visitation rule states:
Contact Visits: Limited physical contact between eligible offenders and their visitors may be allowed if the visitors are immediate family (natural parents, stepparents or grandparents; natural or adopted children, stepchildren or grandchildren; natural siblings or stepsiblings; spouse; or persons related by marriage, if accompanied by an immediate family member). With prior approval from facility administration, non-immediate family members may be allowed contact visits if immediate family members are unable to visit the offender. Due to the nature of their offense, some offenders cannot have contact visits with children under the age of 16.

I know that before i was married to my husband we got lucky once and they gave us a contact. I think it was because his family hadn't come to visit that month and it was the weekend right before christmas.

Kristen
Old 07-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Banned

What do you mean by a contact visit vs regular visit?
Old 07-20-2003, 04:03 PM

Friends do not get contact visits. Only family. The way I got a contact visit with TDCJ was by presenting a notarized statement of a Common Law Marriage. No Courthouse filing. The "Certificate of Marriage" stated a common-law arrangement. I created it on my computer. I left a space for my man to sign had it notarized and sent it to him. This was all suggested to me to be done this way by the personnel in records at Garza West in Beeville. Voila (sp?). The records people said the only requirements were the notary, the statement and our signatures. Anyway, that was the only way for us to have contact visits.

Holley - A contact visit was described for you by Kristen. Sit across a table from each other, in Texas. Regular visits you are seperated by glass and talk thru a telephone receiver.

Of course there was no question as to what we would do get the visits. We are in love.

HONEY
Old 07-20-2003, 09:11 PM
In struggle & In strength

in texas the regular visits you are seperated by a piece of plastic and mesh fence. I am not sure but in all the prisons my husband was at we never had to talk through a phone unless it was county.

the info honey gave about the common law was very good.

Kristen
Old 07-20-2003, 10:55 PM

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YALLS HELP, I JUST HAD OUR BABY AND HE IS DIEING TO HOLD HIM,SO WE NEED A CONTACT VISIT. I WILL TRY THE NOTORIZED PAPERS,IS THERE ANYTHING THESE PAPERS HAVE TO SAY OTHER THEN WE'RE COMMON LAW MARRIED? THANKS
Closed Thread