Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:43 PM
missin my babe so much

Default What would cause email privileges being suspended

So since I discovered I can email my husband at the reception center until my phone gets approved, we've sent a couple emails back and forth. I recieved an email Halloween night and responded back. No response. I then sent another email Saturday because I thought it was odd I didn't hear back yet, no response. We are now at a week and still have not heard from him. I checked jpay and it says all my messages were sent. He's currently still at SFRC waiting to go to his permanent camp, but has only been there for 2 weeks so I'm expecting another 2-4 weeks. I read somewhere that if they get put in restrictions they can't email. What kind of restrictions? I would think if they were in the box email wouldn't be available. Idk I'm new to this and read what experience other people have. Any ladies have any advice please share.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2018, 11:00 PM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by love baby View Post
So since I discovered I can email my husband at the reception center until my phone gets approved, we've sent a couple emails back and forth. I recieved an email Halloween night and responded back. No response. I then sent another email Saturday because I thought it was odd I didn't hear back yet, no response. We are now at a week and still have not heard from him. I checked jpay and it says all my messages were sent. He's currently still at SFRC waiting to go to his permanent camp, but has only been there for 2 weeks so I'm expecting another 2-4 weeks. I read somewhere that if they get put in restrictions they can't email. What kind of restrictions? I would think if they were in the box email wouldn't be available. Idk I'm new to this and read what experience other people have. Any ladies have any advice please share.
All kinds of things can cause that from my understanding, if the kiosk is down they wont be able to use it, at rmc it use to freeze up or the cos would shut the internet off for count and such... if they are on lockdown they cant use them either atleast thats been something ive experienced, they get 15 minutes every hour and it locks them out on the kiosks.. so if there are alot of people in his dorm he may just be having a hard time getting a chance to get on.. even if he cant access it, it will still send and the next time he gets on it will be there waiting for him.. has their been any issues there that would cause him to get in trouble? If not i wouldn't think stress yourself about that (easier said than done i know). It was hard for my man when he was in reception to get time on the kiosk because of how many people were there.. i hope you hear something soon hun..

one day closer

The Following User Says Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:27 AM
missin my babe so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsQueen View Post
All kinds of things can cause that from my understanding, if the kiosk is down they wont be able to use it, at rmc it use to freeze up or the cos would shut the internet off for count and such... if they are on lockdown they cant use them either atleast thats been something ive experienced, they get 15 minutes every hour and it locks them out on the kiosks.. so if there are alot of people in his dorm he may just be having a hard time getting a chance to get on.. even if he cant access it, it will still send and the next time he gets on it will be there waiting for him.. has their been any issues there that would cause him to get in trouble? If not i wouldn't think stress yourself about that (easier said than done i know). It was hard for my man when he was in reception to get time on the kiosk because of how many people were there.. i hope you hear something soon hun..
Idk of any problems, except them not giving him his stomach medicine. He knows the whole reception drill so he knows what to expect. I've thought about lockdowns and stuff like that but now that's it's been over a week I'm a little concerned. I'm sending him a letter today and hopefully I hear something. Thanks for your advice

Old 11-09-2018, 12:45 PM
missin my babe so much

I've called to verify he's not in confinement I just find it odd I haven't heard from him in over a week

Old 11-09-2018, 01:48 PM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by love baby View Post
I've called to verify he's not in confinement I just find it odd I haven't heard from him in over a week
that is weird then, I don't know what to say then. maybe no stamps on his end?

one day closer