Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 07-08-2019, 05:21 AM

Default Interstate Compact on Parole from CO to CA, possible violation

Hello. Thank you in advance for your time and help. So, I was sentenced to 1 year DOC with a 2 year tail in Colorado. With my credits I barley hit the yard when my MRD came up. I then waited almost 3 months for my transfer to California get approved. I finally paroled home in March 2019. I literally failed all but 1 of my Ua's. My charge was not a drug charge. I entered rehab for 3 days and left because I was dope sick. After a week I entered a different program. I stayed there for 35 days. During my time at that program when I saw my P.O. she said she had sent reports communicating my failed Ua's and that I entered and left the first rehab. She also said that it was unusual to not have heard back from Colorado (sending state) by then because they normally respond within a few days with instructions on what actions to take. So she rescheduled me for July 12th. She informed me that I should be violated and have a warrant issued by this appointment. She said "don't be suprised" if that happens. So about a week after that I had a issue and left that rehab as well. However, I put myself into yet another program (all residential rehabs) that same evening. I called my P.O. to let her know I was in a program but that was the day before the 4th of July and I haven't heard back. Look, I'm a drug addict with a problem. I already know how bad the "rehab hoping" and failed Ua's look, however, I always went straight into a program. Residential Rehab is not a condition of my parole. I submitted myself to a year of treatment on my own because I know I have a problem. I have not broken any laws, I always make my appointments (even when I'm thinking I'll be arrested) so I have that going for me. My P.O. literally hates me. I kiss her butt, apologize for my mistakes, take accountability and all she can say is "well, you f**ked up, so now it's up to Colorado". I agree with her but at the same time I know she isn't trying to help my situation. I want to advocate for myself, but to whom? Do I call ICOTS? Also, since I hit my MRD in prison, how long will I be locked up for my dirty Ua's if I get extradited back for violating? Will I be able to transfer my parole back home to California again after that? I have nothing and no one in Colorado. Please help. Any advice is so appreciated. Thank you & God Bless.
-Rachel
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,073 Times in 12,748 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Rachel. Here's what Colorado DOC says about parole and the Interstate compact. It's impossible to predict what they will decide, but one option is a warrant followed by a return to Colorado and a parole violation hearing.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdoc/adult-parole
Old 07-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Parole Officer

Your PO is correct, it's up to the sending state. Every violation is reported back to the sending state to build your track record. Eventually, there will be a hearing in which you most likely will be returned.

IMHO, it would be difficult for you to return to CA after showing poor performance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WA CCO For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-09-2019), Scott (07-08-2019), sidewalker (07-11-2019)
Old 07-09-2019, 05:11 PM

So it took 3 months to hear from California if you could parole out there. My husbands just going to co doc and we want him to get an interstate compact parole to illinios. Did you have to wait in pirson while you waited for california or did they allow you to start you parole in colorado and release you there?
Old 07-09-2019, 05:17 PM

Also mostlikely you wont get violated. I believe you will befine. If Calorado has not issued a warrent yet and your violation was over a month ago they mostlikely arent going to. Going to a rehad looks good. Stay there for the time being. If you where only sentenced for a year and stayed tell your mrd i am sure you will be fine.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Parole Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_fos89 View Post
Also mostlikely you wont get violated. I believe you will befine. If Calorado has not issued a warrent yet and your violation was over a month ago they mostlikely arent going to. Going to a rehad looks good. Stay there for the time being. If you where only sentenced for a year and stayed tell your mrd i am sure you will be fine.
Nothing here is correct. You were violated. Keep violating and you'll end up in a hearing and most likely returned.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Default Not if she's in a resident treatment program.

You can not be violated or extridite in a treatment facility. 1 the facility will not comp or deny if you are there it is a hippa vilotaion. Hippa trumps p.o... So like I said if your in treatment stop rehab hoping get into one that does sub maitnence and stay in the program. They wi help you not get violated they have lawyers and everything else.hope you get the help you need.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Parole Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_fos89 View Post
You can not be violated or extridite in a treatment facility. 1 the facility will not comp or deny if you are there it is a hippa vilotaion. Hippa trumps p.o... So like I said if your in treatment stop rehab hoping get into one that does sub maitnence and stay in the program. They wi help you not get violated they have lawyers and everything else.hope you get the help you need.
Just stop. I know you think you're helping but it's incorrect information.

Failing to sign a release is a violation. Failing to tell PO you're in an inpatient program will lead to an abscond and a warrant.

Can treatment mitigate your issues? Possibly but bouncing around will not.

Last edited by WA CCO; 07-11-2019 at 02:35 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to WA CCO For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Not if she has case manager write letter stating shes in program and cant leave for x amount of days. Which they will. Like i said stop bouncing find one with sub maitnance. There are several in southern california. Like i said have case manager email your p.o. stay in the program and get the help. If a warrent does get issued once you complete take that to your p.o. if a warrent has been issued you maybe taken back to colorado. However if you have certificate of completion, sense you did all your time in the first place, your crime was not for drug use the judge will defently take into account you completed a program and thats why you missed p.o. meeting. But stop hoping. Do a program. A medical detox would work great for you.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:58 PM

It does not matter at a medical facility we will still not comfirm or deny. Weather its police, p.o., mother, father, husband, or child. And we will not say if a realease was signed or not. Unless you have a federal warrent you arent going to over ride hippa privalage.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Parole Officer

Meg, you have a serious misunderstanding of how this works.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:34 PM

I dont know much a parole but i do know how treatmeant centers operate. In California they pay a lot of money to fancy lawyers keep clients in them. And they will help you. If you pm me i can put you in contact with ones that do medical detox, and they will email your p.o. and colorado.