Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:08 PM

Default His Contact Visit request denied. Can I request one now? Robertson Unit TX

I am not family but we decided to see if we could get a contact visit - he filled in I60 and I wrote to Warden Wheeler....

My mate rarely gets visits off family so I must admit I thought we would get a contact visit...

Well anyway I want to know if anyone thinks it is worth my while writing and "begging/pleading" nicely to see if the powers that be will relent?? I live in UK and it is not like I can visit that often....

What do you folks think?

Also to speed the process up..anyone know an e mail address I can e mail rather than rely on mail?

Thanks xx
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Account Closed

I heard it's really hard to receive an approval for a contact visit so, I want to wish you good luck. TDCJ does not give out email for Wardens and as far as I know everything must be sent through the mail.

If you decide to do the request remember that this is stated in the handbook:

"Non-immediate family members: The Warden or designee may approve non-immediate family members for contact visits with offenders who, although eligible, are not able to have contact visits with immediate family members (e.g., the offender has no immediate family, family members are located too far away for visitation, no immediate family members or visitors from other categories have been approved for contact visitation or other similar situations)." http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publicat...8-13-08%29.pdf

Good luck!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:28 AM

I talked to an employee there when my boyfriend and I were trying to get contact visits and we had a similar situation where his family never came to visit only I live in town instead so far away like you and they would have approved a one time contact visit for us but his discipline record wasn't good enough at the time and you can only request one every six months. I would go for it cuz it's not gonna hurt anything. They can't deny you visits totally so worst case scenario you lost time and effort, but you could also get to finally have that contact visit.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Pink*Lady

They take into consideration his history as far as approving contact visits. His record as far as write ups and his visitation record. Who visits and the frequency of the visits. It is soley up to the desrcetion of the Warden. And he can request them every month but has to give up to a 30day notice for the process becuase they have to do a lay in for him.

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts"