Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Default AZ state inmates moved out of state

Does anyone have a loved one.That was moved too Great Plains Correctional facility Oklahoma . .that can give information on phone calls and. Other helpful information or advise ,would really be appreciated . . I know he's out of state ,but I refuse to give up "I LOVE HIM" So what ever happen , whatever life throws are way . . . We will get thru it . . . And I'm determined to stick it out til the end of his time and 2014 is nothing compared to living without , , LOVE YOU ELY G I'm not going nowhere ,Bare- No-Regrets Ever 4ever yours Ruby G
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 06:29 AM

yes, my husband was moved there a few days ago. As soon as I find any info out, I will post it.

I hate all this unknown and not knowing what to do.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 AM
Account Closed

Hello...My man has been there since October of 2008 as far as phone calls go...I'm not sure if they can call collect but my dude gets calling cards and calls me that way. Do you know how to put money on his books so he can buy cards? if not I will let you know how to do that The upside to this facility is they are allowed 30 min calls vs. 15 minute calls when he was in Winslow, AZ. Let me know if you have any other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELYGGIRL View Post
Does anyone have a loved one.That was moved too Great Plains Correctional facility Oklahoma . .that can give information on phone calls and. Other helpful information or advise ,would really be appreciated . . I know he's out of state ,but I refuse to give up "I LOVE HIM" So what ever happen , whatever life throws are way . . . We will get thru it . . . And I'm determined to stick it out til the end of his time and 2014 is nothing compared to living without , , LOVE YOU ELY G I'm not going nowhere ,Bare- No-Regrets Ever 4ever yours Ruby G
Old 02-20-2010, 08:07 PM
missing her man...

You can also use PCS for putting money on the phone I have done it both ways with the phone cards and PCS and the phone cards are cheaper...by like a few dollars a call...so I would just send him the money and let him deal with getting cards...

Old 02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
missing her man...

also visit sucks now...it used to be cool there like AZ but now they force you to sit at opposite sides of the table and no hoodies or sweaters that you can take off are allowed in there...its small...and it sucks...i go out every month and its shitty!

Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 PM

I just added an Oklahoma # to my cell phone so hopefully it will make the calls cheaper. Right now it's $12 - such a rip off!!

That sucks about visitation - can you wear a jacket - it's cold there right now. I am taking my 2 kids out in a few weeks to visit. Do they have to be seated the whole time? They are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 - they don't really sit for long. In AZ they let me bring in food and toys for the kids - do you think they will let me do this here? Is the visitation room just inside or can you go outside too?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Account Closed

I got another cell phone with an Oklahoma # for him to call me on and they wouldnt allow it since I dont live there...we tried to beat the system and were denied! good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedAZ View Post
I just added an Oklahoma # to my cell phone so hopefully it will make the calls cheaper. Right now it's $12 - such a rip off!!

That sucks about visitation - can you wear a jacket - it's cold there right now. I am taking my 2 kids out in a few weeks to visit. Do they have to be seated the whole time? They are 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 - they don't really sit for long. In AZ they let me bring in food and toys for the kids - do you think they will let me do this here? Is the visitation room just inside or can you go outside too?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:13 PM

I went in December and they didn't let us wear our jackets inside. There is no outside visitation and I wouldn't even think about bringing in food or drinks or toys for the kids. The upside is that the vending machines are a lot better, you can get milk for the kiddos. They have a lot of toys for the kids to play with, but they are pretty strict about the kids staying at your table.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedAZ View Post

Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 PM

They were so much stricter than Douglas - but not bad. They did let me bring in a sippy cup - after they realized that baby's can't drink out of milk bottles! I had to keep diapers in the lockers and then they would give me an attitude about letting me out to change them....whatever! The guards were much more relaxed in Douglas. I won't be bringing the kids again for awhile....it's boring for them and too expensive. The vending machines were way better than Douglas - I had grapes.