Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:57 PM

thanks so much...I am in the process of looking for the rap shee to show up any time now...the lieutenant at the jail has been most helpful and says that I can call her periodically to check to see if it has come in given my situation.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2007, 06:28 PM

Default more help if you can

I found a link on the LA DOC website that shows some docket dates it also shows who is scheduled for that date, but I do not know where the parole hearings are held for the Tangipahoa Parish Jail. I know that the time is calculated at Dixon Correctional, would that be where the hearing is as well....any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just wanna pick up my daddy!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:14 PM

K my boyfriend took a plea for his charge, R.S. 14:69 illegal possession of stolen things with a value more than $500, and was sentenced to five years with DOC. He was sentenced on 8/7/06 and got his master rap sheet that said his PED was 4/1/08 and his discharge sentence date 2/1/09 and full term date of 8/1/2011. That was in 9/06.

Then, in 6/07, he was sent a new master rap sheet that says he's not eligible for PED. What does this mean? On the master sheet it says under comments "OOS (2002 & 2004) amends offender class/ not elig PED." He sent a letter to the judge and the response was that after the inmate is in DOC, any requests regarding his sentence need to be made through them.

He's supposed to be on the risk review docket for March, but we don't know yet and I was just wondering since it's the month before that PED and he's suddenly on the docket. Is it looking like he might be released?
Old 03-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Myheartbelongsonly2laylo

Hi everyone any help would be great. My man originally received 6 years and served 1yr 8months and was released on probation. He was violated in dec 2007 in nyc and was extridited back to la and was just sentenced to do the rest of his time 4years 4 months with time severd effective from dec 2007. The intial charge was non violent and was not given time for the violation seperately. So what are we looking at? We were thinking the earliest is dec 2009. Is that even close or will we have to do the full 4?
Thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2008, 07:32 PM

My boyfriend was sentenced to 10years, 2 years before he is eligible for parole or probation. Two years will be Oct. 2008, he was already on parole with 6 mos to go before he got this drug charge. He was recently sent to another parish jail one month ago. This is his second offense and he has been in jail since July 2005, sentence in October 2006, no credit for time served. How can he calculate his time?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 PM

Default Dont know what is going to happen?????

My boyfriend was sentenced a total of 6 years, has served one year and 5 months already. it has been about 5 months since he has actually been sentenced. When he was sentenced the judge read that he would not be eligible for parole until after one year. He is a first time offender of a violent crime. Does this mean that he could go up for parole after his second year is served? He is registered for every class and program possible and has no dicipline record. Im so confused!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL7 View Post
K my boyfriend took a plea for his charge, R.S. 14:69 illegal possession of stolen things with a value more than $500, and was sentenced to five years with DOC. He was sentenced on 8/7/06 and got his master rap sheet that said his PED was 4/1/08 and his discharge sentence date 2/1/09 and full term date of 8/1/2011. That was in 9/06.

Then, in 6/07, he was sent a new master rap sheet that says he's not eligible for PED. What does this mean? On the master sheet it says under comments "OOS (2002 & 2004) amends offender class/ not elig PED." He sent a letter to the judge and the response was that after the inmate is in DOC, any requests regarding his sentence need to be made through them.

He's supposed to be on the risk review docket for March, but we don't know yet and I was just wondering since it's the month before that PED and he's suddenly on the docket. Is it looking like he might be released?
PED means Parole Eligible date.. which means he is not eligible for parole.. Im not sure what it means since he is on the risk review docket.. it has to be a good thing tho. Let us know
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 PM

Default Please help

Not sure if I even want to know the answer.
My husband pleaded to 2 counts molestation of a juvenile he was sentenced to 2 years without dimunition of sentence for good behavior and 5 years active probation. He has not gotten his DOC rap sheet yet but we are trying to stay positive how much time do you think he will serve? I have no idea if it's a violent offense or not. The prisoners all tell him it's not but we have no way of finding out.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
forever his

Default HELP please...

hello, I am new here and stubled across this site and wondered if anyone can help...

My boyfriend accecpeted a plea deal.. he was originally sentenced to 5 years, but they suspended 4. It is a non-violent offense (weed and driving under suspension)..he caught a distribution charge. He
was not on probation prior to this. Although this is his second felony, he was pardoned fully for the first. (He was a juvenille at the time).. That's all i can think of Can you please help?

Thank you in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingTimeinLove View Post
Seems like a common problem for all of us is calculating time whether it be good time, parole, violent/non-violent offenses, etc. If anyone is having a problem doing the math leave the following info and maybe we can help one another...

* total number of years sentenced
* violent or non-violent offense
* 1st time offender, 2nd time offender, 3rd time offender, etc...(will say if the inmate is eligible for parole or not)
* any detainers
* extra charges for probation/parole violations
* and any other helpful information that you can think of
Old 05-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Im not sure about the laws down here seems like they are much stricter...my Solado caught a distribution charge and was charged as an habitual offender based in his juvenile past and sentenced to 30years...thank goodness he fought to give most of the time back. Make sure to get a GOOD LAWYER because they will try to use the juvenile cases against him.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:24 PM
forever his

nope.... it was just a year.. Thank God they didn't use the juvie stuff....
Old 05-19-2008, 10:32 PM

Default Help

My boyfriend was sentenced to five years and it is a violent crime, agg. robbery with deadly weapon. He has been in for 2 yrs 1 month, does he have to do his whole time??? It is his first offense.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Default How much time?

Not sure if I even want to know the answer.
My husband pleaded to 2 counts molestation of a juvenile he was sentenced to 2 years without dimunition of sentence for good behavior and 5 years active probation. He has not gotten his DOC rap sheet yet but we are trying to stay positive how much time do you think he will serve? I have no idea if it's a violent offense or not. The prisoners all tell him it's not but we have no way of finding out.
Someone please help this is the second time that I post.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:18 PM

Default My Husband has to do 1 yr. DOC and everyone is tellin him he has to do only 5 1/2 mon

I just want to know how long to u have to do on a 1 yr DOC sentence Please help I need answers quickly...Thanks alot
Old 06-05-2008, 05:43 PM

My friend got 49 years for armed robbery... does anyone know anything when it comes to this type of sentencing? Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 12:31 AM
dlowe

My man has been in since April of 2007, he went in on new charges and he was already on parole. 18 months parole. Ok, so May 2008 he was sentenced to 4 years with the Department of Corrections, suspend 2 of those years. Judge stated that the 2 remaining years run consecutive to his parole time. From our calculations that will put him out in Jan. 2010. He ask someone in booking to look up his release date to apply for work release and his out date said Jan. 2009. He has not received a rap sheet with that date on it but, two different booking departments said his out date is Jan. 2009. My question is I guess can DOC run someones time concurrent even if the court minutes say consecutive? And can DOC apply an other credits that we are not aware of. Do you think when they mail the rapsheet to him it will show Jan. 2010? Just nervious and don't know if he is getting out in Jan. 2009 or Jan.2010 Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 AM
dlowe

I forgot to add that the judge stated at the sentencing credit for time served.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:05 PM

Hey Dlowe...first of all...Welcome to PTO!! Glad you found us!!!
I may be leading you astray but I think the DOC is right. If he went in April 2007 and had to serve basically 2, 2yr terms, right? Then with good time, which usually takes away about half of that time...it would leave him at 2009 for release date. He will probably still have parole time to serve...but this is what I'm guessing. David115 is great with this stuff and hopefully he will be around within a few days to help you out as well. You might try posting this in the main PTO parole thread http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52
You might get a quicker answer there. Have a good look around the site. Make sure you come back here to the LA forum and keep us informed of how it is all going!! Jan 2009 will be here sooooooo quickly!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SpunkyMonkey For This Useful Post:
Countrydove (08-15-2008)
Old 08-15-2008, 07:32 PM

dlowe,

I don't really have any information for you. I just wanted to welcome you to PTO and the Louisiana forums.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Default Help! Parish not co-operating!

I really need help! My son was convicted of possession of Cocaine and Possession of Dihydrocodeinone, receiving 6 (3-3 consecutive) years when he was revocated from the Drug Court program. The judge gave him credit for all his previous time served from the time of his arrest. He was first arrested in October, 2003 and had been in Drug Court for almost 4 years on probation, so my calculations show he's served 165 days within this time on eight different occasions. He also served 131 days between being revocated and being transferred. He is now at E.H.C.C. and the problem we have is that E.H.C.C. is trying to compute his time served to give him his PED, but they tell him that Lafourche Parish jail, (where he served the majority of his days), are not sending the paperwork to them. I contact the warden at the jail and I was told that "they don't have time to go back through every inmate's records to count the days served". He said it would take too long!!!! I have written the Judge, the D.A., and the Sheriff and have not received any reply from anyone. What should be my next course of action??? This was his first offense of a non-violent crime and it tears me apart to think that he will not get credit for time served. Please help if you can. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:16 AM

Dawg...I'm so sorry hun!! The only other people I would suggest you write/call is the State Attorney General and your State Rep/Senator. Please keep us posted and I will be praying for you both!!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Do the work yourself, go get his arrest date and just count from that day until the day he was sentenced and give it to the judge.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingTimeinLove View Post
I dont know how things work for parole violators. i'm assuming that all sex offenders are classified as violent offenders (please correct me if i'm wrong) So I would assume that he would either have to do the remainder of his time that is on paper or at least 85% of his time... Also, is the 1st offense drug charge a new charge? If so.. then is it ran concurrent or consecutive to his 1st sentence?
OK could you please help me out here I am totally lost? Man boyfriend got 10 years federal, how do you figure out an out date? 1st timer, non-violent and is going to go into the drug program, he will have 5 years in in June. Can you help in anyway?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 PM

Jasonswife....
Have you tried posting this question in the Federal forum? The federal system works differently to state and from what I understand they do not give 'good-time'. But I could be wrong, so ask in the federal forum and they should be able to help you!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:32 PM

Hi all I'm new to PT and I need some help, helping out my honey, He was arrested back in March 2001 (3/22/2001 to be exact) He went to court a couple of times in for mulitple bills and on 10/31/01 he was sentenced to 3 yrs to run CONCURRENTLY AND CO-TERMINOUS WITH ANY OTHER SENTENCE. (sorry about that I copied and pasted this from the docket master). Then in July (7/24/2002) he went to court and the court found him to be a third time offender and sentenced him to 8 yrs hard labor at DOC the court vacated the the 10/31/01 sentence. Time was to be ran concurrent with time served from arrest date. According to our caculations he should have been released back in March. ( he was never out on bond during this time it it wasn't a violent crime if that helps)