Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-05-2019, 02:21 PM

Default Anyone here used the new GTL Video Visitations?

Anyone here used the new GTL Video Visitations? What's your positive/negative experiences?

I've used it several times and my experience has mainly been positive. I've had a couple of times where there was a technical issue but it was resolved.
My only negative is the camera is not at eye level, short phone cord, and if your lo is in RHU, they will be chained (cuffs and waistbelt).
I think it's a good option to have (although it will never replace an actual contact visit).
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2019, 03:21 PM

I've experienced this when my fiancé was in county. It wasn't bad but very impersonal. Only had issues a few times and both was not GTL's fault. The c/o never told my fiancé that I was there to visit so 15mins went by before I actually got to talk to her the visits were only 30 mins long no extensions allowed. Im actually looking forward to visiting her in state. Contact visits. I haven't held her in my arms for almost a year now.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:41 AM

Here in state, we get 50 mins and the calls are free (which is great). Must go to a SCI or the correctional regional center.
Enjoy your contact visit soon! I haven't had one in almost a year either but looking forward to good news soon.