Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 04-17-2018, 11:35 AM

Talking Young Adult Pen Pal?

Not sure if this allowed, or where this goes tried looking for it...

BUT I honestly love writing letters and helping the younger aged people out!
In middle school and high school i was the "go-to" person for life advice and just for anything and I love it!

I LOVE helping people and just talking to them, especially in letter format.

If anyone has someone they know is in jail, and needs an outside person to talk to, preferably under 30 since i'm only 24 and can probably relate to the age better i'm here!!!

Relationship advice, life advice, if they have a child on the out side (i have a daughter) anything!

Message me or reply here
The Following User Says Thank You to jordan321 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (04-17-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,182 Times in 2,674 Posts

I moved your thread to the pen pal forum. You cannot solicit our members but you may look over our pen pal ads to see if you can find one.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:54 AM

There are certainly a lot of incarcerated people in the age group you are looking for who would be very interested in having someone to talk to.

I am not sure that "relationship advice" would be what they were interested in, however. I would be concerned that an attempt to provide "life advice" to an inmate might not be received well.

I have a few penpals and my experience has shown that they don't like to discuss how they ended up where they are. They may like to talk about how they will proceed once they are released, and they might have an interest in knowing about you. More than anything they appreciate a sympathetic ear.

There are a number of resources available that will help get you in contact with inmates. I recommend this section of the forum as a starting place. There are other commercial websites that will provide this service (free to you) which will allow you to search based on age, location, gender, etc.

Be wary, and keep your eyes open. While many of the penpal ads are genuine and the inmate wants friendship there are a significant number of inmates that use penpals as a source of income and will try to persuade you into spending lots of money on them.

Good luck

R. Mc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
AndyS (04-17-2018), maytayah (04-17-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 09:02 AM

Sorry i was not sure. I will look
Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
I moved your thread to the pen pal forum. You cannot solicit our members but you may look over our pen pal ads to see if you can find one.