Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:08 AM

Default Federal Middle District of Florida SR computer/phone monitoring

One of my "Special Conditions" of Federal Supervised Release is a condition of "Computer Restriction & Monitoring" as a result of a credit-card fraud offense. The court's intention is to monitor and record all web activity, e-mails, communications, ect. Interestingly, the district I was sentenced in and currently serving Supervised Release in does not have any contact with a computer monitoring service and therefore I am not actually subject to any type of phone or computer monitoring, despite the court's intention that U.S. Probation do so.

I am curious to know if any form of computer/phone monitoring is in effect in the Middle District of Florida. I am wanting to move back to Florida in a year or so, but under no circumstances will I allow probation to monitor my communications/associations with others. So if that means staying in the district where I am, then so be it. But if computer monitoring isn't actually something that is in effect in the Middle District of Florida, then I can move there without jeopardizing my privacy.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2018, 05:24 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,716 Times in 11,068 Posts

I was on federal supervised release (in Seattle) from a conviction in the Southern District of Florida , and the US Probation Office installed my computer monitoring software remotely, which I paid for. Are you certain that your PO doesn't have the same service available? If not, it is a decision of that office rather than the unavailability of an acceptable (to US Probation) monitoring program.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:43 PM

At my sentencing (2013) and re-sentencing (2016) the probation office said that the "software wasn't available" and apparently still is not for this district. The judge left the condition on there anyway in case it ever became available. What years were you on Supervised Release? Some districts appear to use a service called Remote-COM designed for sex offenders... What was the service/software that was used in your district and how did it apply to smartphones?
Old 04-18-2018, 06:06 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,716 Times in 11,068 Posts

I was on SR from 2009 to 2012. I have no idea what program they used because the PO handled everything. The program itself was either stored somewhere else, or it was well hidden if it was installed on my computer. It definitely worked, as I found out when I followed an email link that took me to a facebook page and was called about it by my PO.