Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:59 PM

Default He died in custody!

I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try to post this.;
We knew it was happening, and we knew we had exhausted all of the avenues of help available to us. The last time I called, in despiration, to the unit, I talked to Lacey again, and he told me "Mamm, I am well aware of the severity of Mr. Pierces' health issues". He assured me he would go check on my loved one and make sure he was ok. I knew then that I could see the handwriting on the wall.
After 7 months of dealing with renal failure, it was evident that his death was eminent. So he died in a local hospital in Beaumont. The death certificate lists exactly what happened, he was left to rot in his own renal failure untill he was sent to the hospital, too late to save him. One of the causes; acute renal failure secondary to acute tubular necrosis! I'm no medical professional, but I know what that says, he had started to rot inside because he couldn't use the bathroom. Also listed is acute septic shock, and the first cause of death listed is; severe sepsis/systemic inflammatory response syndrome. A few months ago he saw a Doctor by accident, a traveling Doctor that recommended draining his abdominal cavity and medication for the issue. (Never a word to him of what to do about the hernia causing this blockage.) It took another 3 weeks for that to happen, and when his abdominal cavity was drained, it was 2 liters. I have since learned they have to stop at 2 liters. That was the only medical intervention that took place.
During all of this happening, I wrote to and talked to officials at the prison, officials at the medical facility, congressmen, I even humted down a retired warden for advice. No joy. Not an ounce of real help, altho I got alot of assurance that what was going on was going to continue, and there is not alot of help available because this is a Federal facility. I was even told of other inmates in health crisis who are in similar unaided situations right there in Beaumont low.
May I close with telling you of the fact that we were in the throes of fighting a corrupted time calculation by the State that had my inmate still locked up when he was due to be released last September. Heed this warning, please. Guard your inmates' health as if it were life or death, it could be! There has to be a special place in hell for the cold blooded, mean spirited and flawed individuals who cannot see, in a flawed person, a child of God.
Thank you for your time.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Yea Jose is coming home
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,116 Times in 419 Posts

I'm so sorry for your loss. You went thru the very thing we all fear. Sending big hugs to you. If you have questions about the medical stuff the best person to ask is only1love.

missdebbie92025
Sent from my VS840 4G using PrisonTalk

Old 01-22-2014, 02:21 PM

Sooo sorry for your loss, as this must be such a difficult time for you. The inhumane treatment of your loved one is a fear we all have for our own. Just know that I am praying for you and your family.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM

Thanked 1,220 Times in 550 Posts

I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm a nurse practitioner in a large nephrology (kidney disease) practice.

You LO sounded very ill and in need of emergent dialysis and ICU care.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:06 PM

So very sorry for your loss. I feel so very heartbroken about your loss and at the same time sickened by the lack of humanity.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. My fiance currently has health issues and it has not been easy getting things done and like you, I am very vocal and sent in a complaint. Finally, he is scheduled to see a doctor, but I will not hold my breath. I will continue to send letters and make phone calls if nothing happens.

Enough about me. I am heartbroken reading your post and I am sending you many, many hugs and prayers. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,231 Times in 13,894 Posts

How terrible, I'm very sorry. I'll never understand how our government continues to allow the bop to torture and kill inmates with their uncaring medical quacks, but it is always one after another I'm afraid.