Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:26 AM

Default Needing info on cape Vincent

Hi everyone me and my king wants to get married we put in the paper work already wondering how long would it take for a response and what do I need and how long does this takes omg I'm so excited to marry my soul mate please get back to me anyone can I bring my diamond ring or do I have yup get a different ring do he need his birth certificate?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2016, 08:02 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,292 Times in 15,622 Posts

I dont know about the process for New York but I'd read everything in the NY forums.
Going to guess that yes, you could bring your own diamond ring but most likely if he is going to have a wedding ring, it would have to be a plain band with no stones in it, and its value cant be over a certain amount. (in CA it was a hundred dollars I believe)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 02-26-2017, 12:43 PM

Hey there!!
Did you ever end up getting married at Albion??
Old 02-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat05 View Post
I am planning to get married at orleans correctional does anyone have info how to go about it there..

thanks
Did you ever end up getting married there??
Old 02-26-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan stanton View Post
hi and thank you.my fiance is in orleans correctional facility in albion ny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minmin View Post
Hello! I just finished going through the entire thread Still have a question or two.. Maybe I just read over and did not see my answers..
My man was transferred to Orleans at the end of July and is in the hole.. (Transferred due to an altercation at previous facility and sentenced 18 months in the hole)
So can we get married even though he is in the hole? Does that even play a part into the decission of approval?
Does it matter how long he and I have known each other?
And is the ceremony done on visiting day in front of all the other visitors and inmates? Or is it a private ceremony?
Also, I read that some places let you have friends or family as your witnesses and others have you use CO's or inmates.. How is it at Orleans?

I think those were the questions I still had that I didnt find answers to..

Thank you for this thread and for any info you may have on my questions
Did you ever end up getting married in Orleans??!
Old 02-26-2017, 02:19 PM

I have no idea how to use this thread. Could someone possibly message on any info about getting married in Orleans/Albion correctional facility?!?!?
Old 02-26-2017, 05:49 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,852 Times in 16,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by croth22 View Post
I have no idea how to use this thread. Could someone possibly message on any info about getting married in Orleans/Albion correctional facility?!?!?

Not all members are online at any given time...sometimes it takes a while for someone who has the specific information you're looking for to reply. Please be patient

The first step for any prison wedding is for him to speak with his caseworker, request a Marriage Packet (if applicable). Also, both parties usually have to write the Warden and request permission.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-26-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croth22 View Post
In NY, first thing to do is each one of you write to the Superintendent of the facility to request to be married. That starts the process. Then all the questions you have will be answered by the paperwork you receive.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 AM
MrsLee4Ever

Default Marriage info needed for Broome County/Binghampton, NY

Hi there,
I will start by saying I admit it should be easy information to find out for me but I haven't been so lucky.. that being said..My fiance is in Broome county jail.. also known as Broome county sheriff's correctional facility in Binghamton NY.. I'm in need of finding out if they do marriages there and if so,how would I go about doing it??? Any help is appreciated! Blessings!
Old 04-05-2017, 03:22 AM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,839 Times in 11,078 Posts

Jails are very different from prisons, so the only way to find out is to call and ask. The rules vary from jail to jail.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLee011817 View Post
Hi there,
I will start by saying I admit it should be easy information to find out for me but I haven't been so lucky.. that being said..My fiance is in Broome county jail.. also known as Broome county sheriff's correctional facility in Binghamton NY.. I'm in need of finding out if they do marriages there and if so,how would I go about doing it??? Any help is appreciated! Blessings!

Hi! Congrats on the engagement, I'm not sure if they allow marriages in the jail. But since it's known as a correctional facility you just might. Contact the chaplain at the facility to see what they advise you.

Good luck and congrats to you both!
Old 01-16-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndianQueen View Post
I got married April 10, 2004 at Clinton Correctional Facility. It was a truly different experience. Our friends were our witnesses which made more personal. But it was quick one minute I was single next a married woman.
Hi I was googling on how to go about marrying my boyfriend in Clinton county facility and happened to find this site and saw your post. Was just wondering if you could tell me what I had to. Like can I just apply for a marriage license and have him sign it or do we have to have someone marry us in there
Old 01-17-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbaker596 View Post
Hi I was googling on how to go about marrying my boyfriend in Clinton county facility and happened to find this site and saw your post. Was just wondering if you could tell me what I had to. Like can I just apply for a marriage license and have him sign it or do we have to have someone marry us in there
Just FYI.... Clinton Correctional Facility and Clinton County Facility are not same First is state CF, County is jail.... Call the Clinton County Jail and ask what the procedure is....straight information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
nimuay (01-17-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 09:23 PM

Default Marriage at Mohawk Correctional Facility

Question Ladies!
Me and boyfriend have decided to get married. So me and my man wrote a letter to the superintendent Paul Gonyea. We received a letter back within a week from Deputy Superintendent for Programs Jack Mcdaniels saying that a Offender Rehabilitation Coordinator will be in contact with the inmate to explain the procedures. My man was telling me to call and ask what would the next step to all this because he's an inpatient man. I called they transferred me to the guidance office to ask them. They said that in Mohawk they don't do Marriages. Isn't that against the law? My man isn't a sexual offender at all. He's in there for a totally different thing. Has anyone ever had this problem or having issues with this in Mohawk.
What should I do?
Old 05-29-2018, 10:26 PM

Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMFOREVER View Post
Question Ladies!
Me and boyfriend have decided to get married. So me and my man wrote a letter to the superintendent Paul Gonyea. We received a letter back within a week from Deputy Superintendent for Programs Jack Mcdaniels saying that a Offender Rehabilitation Coordinator will be in contact with the inmate to explain the procedures. My man was telling me to call and ask what would the next step to all this because he's an inpatient man. I called they transferred me to the guidance office to ask them. They said that in Mohawk they don't do Marriages. Isn't that against the law? My man isn't a sexual offender at all. He's in there for a totally different thing. Has anyone ever had this problem or having issues with this in Mohawk.
What should I do?
There is no county clerk, which is why. He would have to put in for a transfer.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:01 AM

[quote=TNC;311566]If you have been married in a New York prison and would like to share with everyone then please post. Here is a list of questions and if you can add anything else then please do so.

Auburn Correctional!
1. Did you have any counsling- yes we met with the FRP coordinator and she informed me of his charges, tickets, crimes and everything else just to make sure I knew. She asked about kids and how long wed known each other.
2. How long did the whole process take- I rushed it but from start to finish about a month
3. Did you have to find your own minister- the jail gave me the contact info for a guy they use and I set it up
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera- no, but we got click click photos
5. How many guests were allowed to be there- I had one witness and an inmate witness
6. What was the process to get the marriage license- meet with the frp coordinator on a visit, he fills out the license, I go to town hall the following week to fill my part out and pay for it and leave with it
7. What were the costs you had to pay- $100 for the ceremony and $50 for the certificate
8. What were the two of you allowed to wear- he had to wear visit clothes and I FOUGHT to wear my lace white dress since it covered everything
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit- yes and I got to put it on his finger and the limits 150 but I got a silicone ring.