Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 11-07-2015, 01:21 AM

Default Can I call the unit and get a better story on why he's on restriction?

Hi! My guy is in ISF at the Roach unit. He's only there 60 days but when I visited him last week, he said he caught a major case for fighting and was on restriction for 30 days. He was really vague about the whole thing. Honestly , his behavior has been odd/different for the last 7 weeks (he was in county jail for 2 months before he went to ISF). There are no phones so we can't talk and he's written 3 times in 30 days. Not good.
Anyway, can I call the unit and get a better story on why he's on restriction? I feel like I already know what I need to do when he comes home - I just want to be a little more prepared with all of the truth. Thanks for any advice/answers/experience that you can share!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2015, 03:33 PM

Thanked 1,245 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy1211 View Post
Hi! My guy is in ISF at the Roach unit. He's only there 60 days but when I visited him last week, he said he caught a major case for fighting and was on restriction for 30 days. He was really vague about the whole thing. Honestly , his behavior has been odd/different for the last 7 weeks (he was in county jail for 2 months before he went to ISF). There are no phones so we can't talk and he's written 3 times in 30 days. Not good.
Anyway, can I call the unit and get a better story on why he's on restriction? I feel like I already know what I need to do when he comes home - I just want to be a little more prepared with all of the truth. Thanks for any advice/answers/experience that you can share!
Basically what I know is, you get written up for fights even if you were only defending yourself and you didn't throw the first punch. My son got 30 days restriction for commissary, 30 for recreation and no contact visit plus 15 days solitary. It was allegedly a major case...still unresolved. I don't advise contacting unit ...we did and all hell broke loose. Retaliation to the max.
Maybe your boyfriend does not have stamps to write, are you writing him and asking questions?
Old 11-07-2015, 07:39 PM

Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts

The only way they could offer anything about the incident over the phone beyond the mere existence of a case would be to pull the file...they don't do that for phone calls from family. If you really want to know what he was cited for, have him send you his copy of the I-47MA...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
Daisy1211 (11-08-2015)