Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Donation Award 

Default Do you ever have arguments with your MWI?

I read these posts on here and alot of times Everything seems so picture perfect in alot of the mwi relationships but i know not every relationship is perfect at all times mwi or others...So my question is do you ever have any arguments with each other and if so do you stay mad or upset for a long period of time or do you write or talk it out on the phone or visits ect?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Jakes Moonlight

We argue at least once a week. Usually nothing serious though. If it is ever serious we talk it out on the phone get it worked out back to sweetness and roses...till the next arguement breaks out ha.
It is just how we are both stubborn and opinionated but we are deeply in love so we get over it.
SweetMichelle09 (10-07-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Taking it 1 day at a time

I'd have to say that we don't ever go as far as actual arguing. We 'disengage' before anything gets to that point. Then one or both of us will mull whatever it is over and then later we'll give discussing it another go. That usually takes care of most issues. I made a rule that if it doesn't.......... well, then- I win! (He says I'm a bug, but I'm his bug, LOL. )

The Following User Says Thank You to ojos azules For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2009, 02:43 AM
*~Loving Me Some Him~*

Post sometimes

funny that i came across this thread because actually me and my mwi(hubby) are arguing right now...lol! he is mad because i wasn't able to make visit on our scheduled weekend, but it's not like i had planned something else i just didn't have the extra money after paying bills and he has to understand that. we hardly ever argue, but when we do we normally stay mad a day or 2. no relationship is perfect. i still love him no matter what. everthing will work itself out
Old 10-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Pink*Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsogood View Post
funny that i came across this thread because actually me and my mwi(hubby) are arguing right now...lol! he is mad because i wasn't able to make visit on our scheduled weekend, but it's not like i had planned something else i just didn't have the extra money after paying bills and he has to understand that. we hardly ever argue, but when we do we normally stay mad a day or 2. no relationship is perfect. i still love him no matter what. everthing will work itself out
Girl, I found this thread to... well he just wrote me a very long letter becuase he was upset about me questioning his love. But after our first visit ALOT of things make since on why he didnt talk about things. It was just trust issues I had and boy did he point things out. But I needed it because it really did prove to me that he truly loves me. It wasnt much of an arugument though.

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts"
The Following User Says Thank You to Lupe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts
Smile

Of course we have arguments. we aren't always skipping thru the tulips!! *smile* when you put 2 imperfect human beings together there's bound to be arguments at some point. we've probably argued more than most because we both came into the relationship with baggage. one huge plus for us though,is we cannot stay mad long at all at one another. regardless how upset i may be if he calls and says "Elisabeth,i love you so much,i'm sorry..." well that melts me enough to where we can talk things out calmly and end the conversation with i love you's once again. i have noticed some mwi's relationships seem all but perfect. that could be for a couple of reasons,such as,they've never lived together,some people are more laid back and easy going than others,etc. marc and i are both strong willed people. there are 2 women on here i admire greatly. they've been with their mwi's for a number of years and all seems gravy now but reading their past threads,posts,etc. it wasn't always smooth sailing for them either. bottom line,don't hold grudges,forgive,etc and your chances of making it are much greater.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,103 Times in 706 Posts

"we aren't always skipping thru the tulips!!" That made me smile I don't know that we necessarily argue about things, but I did get really mad at him over something and "yelled" at him in a letter. What he told me was this...he wasn't upset that I was mad at him over something I couldn't talk to him about, he was upset that I was hurting so badly and he couldn't do anything about it. Other than that, there hasn't been anything major though once we're together he's going to want to have a discussion about that letter.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 AM

Funny this thread was started because we aren't arguing at the momment but I am disappointed in him at the momment. And what upsets me right now is that he is not addressing my issues in our letters. We don't talk on the phone or visit so letters are all we have. I'm giving him a little tough love at the momment, not writing but sending I love you cards and devotionals. I may have to start my own thread on our issues because its upsetting me. It isn't anything that will cause me to leave him and I am sure to let him know that but I am struggling right now.

So, yes we do have our disagreements even though he tries to avoid them!

The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingforPapi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,380 Posts

We do argue, we aren't perfect, however, we do keep it on a mature level and usually resolve it over the phone pretty quickly.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Account Suspended

yep we argue...jst like any other married couple. But we always communicate. Even if we are mad or what not. we have never threatened to stop talking to one another.
Regardless of how mad we are, we always try and reach for the same goal which is to resolve it not hoard onto grudges or anger.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 AM

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,297 Times in 3,764 Posts

Yep. We argue. Well, I should say *I* argue. He barely gets riled up, he allows me to get mad, cuss him out and then calm down. I'm fiery. There have been a couple times where we were both butting heads but it's always resolved quickly and we don't hold grudges.

I think arguing is healthy, much more healthy than festering and internalizing anyways.
BlueEyedEllie (10-07-2009), imissmybaby08 (03-21-2010), SweetMichelle09 (10-07-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Lifer Found Suitable

We've always argued ~ our personalities crave the thrill ~ makes for great makeup time .
Yup, over the phone, letters, at visits... I've nearly walked out during a visit, I slapped him once during a visit and we've battled it out over the phone, but never go to bed upset with one another... when that 60 seconds is left on the call no matter how upset or wrong we think the other is we say our "I love you's".

Last edited by 408MoonGem; 10-07-2009 at 11:23 AM..
Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM

My guy seems to avoid disagreeing with me at all costs, which actually infuriates me. I think it's a bit of insecurity, he doesn't want to 'upset' me in case I don't write anymore, which is nonsense.
Anyway he said some things in a letter a while ago (all well intentioned) which absolutely made my blood boil, and I gave him a real going over in the next letter.
He wrote back saying what a brilliant letter, he loved that I'd hauled him over the coals because it showed how much I cared...
Men...unfathomable!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I drank the Kool-Aid

Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,367 Posts

I had to laugh when I saw this thread. The word argue doesn't even seem to cover what we used to have. We used to have some major blowups. I'd scream, yell, cuss, call him everything but the child of God and he's get quiet. When he gets quiet he's super pissed. Thankfully time and maturity has allowed us to understand the other better so while we still have our disagreements, with the occasional arguement thrown in, we can usually work it out within a phone call or two.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Walking the Walk
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,379 Times in 772 Posts

I don't like to fight -- I never have. And he doesn't like to fight -- he never has (for pretty similar reasons, as it happens). That doesn't mean we haven't had our moments, but mostly we try to head our differences of opinion off before they go too far.

Doesn't always work, but 9 times out of 10 we can find common ground before anything hits the fan.
The Following User Says Thank You to StormChild For This Useful Post:
SweetMichelle09 (10-10-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 02:49 PM
MOE IS MY LIFE 4 EVER

Its always something with my man... I wouldnt call it argueing more like disagreeing with whatever it is.... We are actually going through something right now... When we are real upset we have decided not to write until we have cooled down. I believe him to be mad right now because i havent recieved a letter from him. Hope i hear from him soon........anyhow girl take care and dont worrythey aint got nothing better to do so it causes some excitement. It wont ever be too serious well at least i hope not.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoNeYiLoVeU For This Useful Post:
SweetMichelle09 (10-10-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
.......♥............

...sometimes not always, but hey who doesn't he likes when I yell at him, cuss because then that means making it up to him And at the end of the convo when I am done pounding on him he'll say, "I love you" it breaks my heart... -----

Old 03-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Closed

So far no fight or argument here, hope we don't have any. But some people do thrive on that kind of thing, which I can do without. I think I would be scared to get in a fight with my man while he is locked up. Cause there could be a chance he wouldn't ever call or write again. Since we are so much alike in our thinking and how we do and react to things I think we'll be fine, cause knowing how something would effect me would effect him the same way so to speak.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:02 PM

HAHA. Oh man. People on here do seem to have the "picture perfect relationship" not all cause you will see who the REAL people are. Hell if this is a perfect relationship! I think its more so ME that gets mad and angry n upset! I have yelled cursed and told him how it is. He has never really gotten angry with me other than one time and he kinda had every right. But it blows over. And he knows i cant stay mad at him guilty i shall say lol.

Every minutes like an hour, Every hours like a day Every day lasts forever But what else am i gonna do, Id wait forever and a day for you. ♥

Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 PM

Often we argue when mail gets crossed in the discussion. Also, when one of us misunderstand our explanations. He will then telephone and we have a real war of words...and it is on!!!!!!!!!!!! It can be very frustrating.We are both very strong minded which only adds to the fire. i get even more angry if he refuses to telephone back to continue the dispute. Eventually we both resolve the misunderstanding by writing a civil letter expressing how we hurt each other...
Old 03-27-2010, 12:31 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Ah man... me and my sweetie argue like crazy sometimes. Our garden isnt always rosy! Our arguments never last long though... Sometimes a couple of hours, somes a couple of days. Usually we tend to discuss the problem and sort it out, or other times we agree to differ and move on from whatever it is that got us going!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Dallas DIVA Doll
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,032 Times in 806 Posts

My MWI is my husband now and we have our fair share of disagreements. We are committed for life so we do whatever it takes to work it out and move on. We argue but we do it with love and respect. There is no name calling or cursing no hitting below the belt etc. I realize that even if his words or actions hurt me HE would never intentionally cause me pain so I don't have to rant and rave to get him to look at his behavior I just have to share my feelings and ask him to. As long as you have both love and respect and in our case a whole lot of prayer you can conquer any issue. Marcia
Old 03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

We are definitely far from picture perfect. We have our arguments and disagreements, but we don't let them get to the point of knock down, drag out fights. I might come off like everything is rainbows and sunshine, but we have rifts now & then. Communication is the key. We work to resolve rather than get stuck in anger. I respect his opinions, and he mine. And many times we just agree to disagree.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,209 Posts

We argue sometimes...we are 2 very feisty people who are not afraid of confrontation. The thing is we will definitely *keep* talking until we work it out.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I Smell Shenanigans

Thanked 2,372 Times in 1,117 Posts

Nope steve and I havent argued yet but with my pp we have been arguing for a year now or more like Ive been arguing with him because he doesnt argue back. I say what I say and he gets hurt and I apologize but this time I went too far but he said he forgave me and didnt want to give up on our friendship but that he needed time to think aboout things. I dont know what will happen or if he'll come back but all I can do is wait. I wonder if steve and I will ever argue and what will it be about?

Rest In Peace Chad. I LOVE YOU and I MISS YOU!