Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Does your man every cry to you?
Yes 226 65.51%
No 119 34.49%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2008, 08:51 PM

My man cried too... and usually in those moments im trying not to cry myself..... I just try to listen how he feels... usually he lets it all out and he feels a bit better and much stronger. He knows Im there to listen, always.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Waiting For My Love Love

he is usually the strong one, and im the cry baby. but saturday at our visit, we both cried together. but it was beautiful. it wasnt because we were sad. we had the whole visit to ourselves and it had been a while since we could both lay all of our feelings out on the table. {its usually me, my daughter & step daughter and his mother at the visits} he has also wrote me letters when he cried when he was in county.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
he's home!!
Donation Award 

my man is one of those guys who HATES crying but he did in front of me during my visit, and said that after i left he just went over to his bunk and just couldn't stop crying for awhile. i felt so bad. comforting people is in my blood...i just wanted to hug him and reassure him everything was going to be ok (it would've been mutual but for some really unusual reason i didn't cry....i'm a crier so....that's weird)

none of us are free if one of us is chained , none of us are free...-Solomon Burke
Old 04-07-2008, 04:06 PM

My man is usually the strong one also, hes cried a couple times before he went in and definately a few times since hes been in, especially the first time he saw our daughter , it was the sweetest thing ever!!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
~T and S always~

Since he has been in I have seen him shed one single tear, literally. He told me that he wishes I was his BM instead of her, because then he would still have his son in his life, and he wouldn't be where he is today. It broke my heart to hear him say that.

And I thank God that I finally found you...

~Trevell and Shana~

~1/11/07~

Old 04-07-2008, 04:30 PM

Default Crying

My husband doesn't cry for anyone....just for me. When we were married his eyes welled up and I couldn't believe seeing him cry so hard. Then he cried again when I went to visit him in jail and got emotional and started to tear up knowing that he had someone to support him through his tough times. He says that no one was really ever their for him for anything. It's said to see my man hurt.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Praying and Waiting

im the cry baby....im crying all the time..i have never seen him cry before...when his cousin died...which was like his bestfriend he said he dropped a few tears...when we were about to break up for a little while he said he dropped a tear...but full blown crying...never seen him...he is my rock...he keeps me strong

The drama will not last forever
We'll beat it as long as we're together
One day we"ll look back, we'll be like 'remember this?' and its gonna make us smile cause ine the end we stayed down
Old 04-07-2008, 06:36 PM
2 HEARTS, 1 LUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordans_mommy View Post
He's never cried to me before while inside, if he did I'd say yeah, sucks doesn't it. Think about that the next time you wanna take something that isn't yours....

LMAO!!! But my man has never cried to me while in jail. Yes he has been upset but nothing really happened to him that would cause him to break down and cry.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I love my hubby!!!
Donation Award 

colley doesnt cry ever
Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 PM
OBAMA 08!!!

My baby hasn't cried to me yet but I want him to as crazy as it sounds. He is always the strong one and I know there are things that really hurt him, and I want him to express that to me and not hold it in. I like when men show their emotions and put the macho ego to the side just for a minute. Don't get me wrong I like a STRONG man and not a crybaby. I do believe men cry in the dark.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 AM
MISSING MY BABY

Yeah, mine has when I would visit him in county. He always was afraid I would leave him. But I would never give up. He gets all teary eyed when he sees his family mainly his mom though.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:23 AM

He rarely cries, but he's not the sorta guy who'll hold it all down & nearly choke himself silly trying not to show his emotions..thats more me!!
He cried when he got sentenced & sometimes when something upsetting happens, but yeah, it takes a bit for that to happen..
Old 04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Linz

Before he went to prison he always confided in me about things he was going through, it made me feel closer to him because he wasn't one to express his feelings to people. He's cried in front of me before, I'd just hold him and tell him that everything would be o.k. Since he's been in sometimes he writes and tells me that he cried over something, it makes me feel bad that I can't be there to comfort him, but at the same time I want him to feel that he can tell me anything.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:14 PM
He's worth the wait...

yes, he does. hes not a wimp, but sometimes he gets overwhelmed. i can hear him getting really soft on the phone, it makes me want to break down; but only one of us is allowed to be a mush, and since its him right now, ill be strong enough for the two of us. i just wish i could hold him.

I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are
Old 04-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Forever Humble

He never cried intell are son was born that was the only time i heard him cry but some other ppl that i new that was locked down with him told me he cried over me and not wanting to be in there any longer..and when i asked him about it he was ashamed and didnt want to tell me he cried but i now he did...he always tried to show me hes strong and he was handling it the best way he can but hes a very emotional person and nowing him he probably cry most of the time..he just dont want to show it..

Daddy will be home July 09'
Old 05-06-2008, 01:39 PM

yeah my man has cried to me a couple of times. He has never cried to me in 7 years that we were together till he went to prison. He will cry if he feels like he's losing me , or if he misses us. I know i may be cruel, but it feels good to hear him cry about missing us, maybe if he would of thought about the hurt before he did what he did he wouldn't be in this situation. But yeah he does cry to me.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:53 PM
ThunderNeeded

Unhappy Oh boy does he!

Mine cries everyday he says, and most of the time is crying when he tells me that. He was always the tough guy and now he feels so guilty for letting me down. He is not doing well in there he says he is dying and when I see him well he has lost so much weight and now has low blood sugar. I want to say stuff like you knew what chance you were taking but I don't want to upset him even further. He should feel he let his family down because he did. I wish though I could make it better for him and all I can do is reassure him that I am waiting for him and that I love him. It sure does nothing to help me out here. he tells me he is being my big strong man but then he breaks down. This is all the time not just sometimes and well it makes it harder on me.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:33 PM

Mine has never cried to me but he did write me after they moved him (7 hours) away... ... and told me he cried when he found out how far from me he was going to be.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM

He's cried several times. He was falsely accused and is looking at a LONG sentence. He has a lot going on and I think it's fine for him to show emotions. Not like he's being a big baby and sobbing uncontrollably to me every time we talk, but hey I cry too. Sometimes a good cry is all you need. I just reassure him that I'm not going anywhere and everything's being taken care of out here, so all he needs to do is focus on himself while he's in there.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM

He never cries on the phone but I have seen him cry @ visitation twice. One time when he was in county lock up waiting to go to State processing and I cried so he cried and then at the last visitation his step mom started talking about his children that his exwife does not let him see (because she thinks she can use the children to control his life since she can't anymore...but hey..that is in another thread) and yes, he cried. His priorities are God, me, our children, the rest of his family, his friends, others, and then himself. So if you want to see him cry...talk about me or our children and then he cries. On the phone it is always," CAN U SEND MORE MONEY FOR SNACKS?" and of course....I do!

It is not about the pain we endure. It is about the power within us to overcome it!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:47 PM
lilmamaC

i've never seen my man cry. i don't think he does. he can't do that where he is at or any of the places he's been. thats too dangerous. but when i had told him i was sexually assaulted he wrote me that his eyes teared up, and he had to fight back the tears. broke my heart into a million pieces. i understand he can't bc of his situation but we will both be able to once he gets home. even though he is a big ole' tough guy.

Whats worth keeping, if it didn't take a fight?
Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 AM

He doesnt cry but he admits his feelings.
That is a big thing for him. He almost never shows his emotions

Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 AM

mikey has cried to me plenty well only in county cause ill start crying and then he will a little cause he knows hes messed up big time.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,890 Times in 886 Posts

He has never cried to me, and I doubt if he has at all in prison. As another girl stated crying in prison is a sign of weakness and could be very dangerous. I agree with that 100% and so does he. But I hope everything works out for the both of you.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 AM
I am IN need of some Him
Donation Award 

I have seen boo cry one time and I thought I was going to kick some a.. He cries about not seeing his daughter. Boo has been in a long time and his feelings are numb so Im sure it was rare for him to express that. BTW that was one of the ways I new he trusted me cause people aint showing no feeling when they dont care in the visiting room around other inmates.

He is home. Countdown to June 9th Wedding Date